All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Know I"ve been MIA but I need quick help - just pureed papayas with skin still on?
      #274429 - 07/17/06 07:29 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Was that completely dumb? Don't aske me why -tryign to save the fiber and nutrients? I just pureed adn froze 5 large organic papayas and if I was wrong to leave the skin on (very ripe, very soft skin, and yes I took out the seeds) then I'm gonna be soooooooooo frustrated. But I'd rather know that make myself sick. Now that I read directions everything says to peel papayas. My plan is to use it to make smoothies.

I'm so famous for reading directions after I"ve completely whacked up whatever it was I was tryign to do.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Once upon a time... new
      #274437 - 07/17/06 07:44 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well...let me tell you a story about a young woman who did the same with a mango and did not feel very well afterwards. That was me. The inside/flesh of the papaya is the SF--the skin obviously not. I once, unknowingly, ate papaya skin & flesh and had a horrible stomach ache, nausea, cramping, and D.

Maybe you'll be fine with it, but it's not something I would do again. Silly me used to consume kiwi skins until I learned better. Truthfully, though...I don't think it's wise & a pretty bad idea--been there, done it. Idiotic me has even eaten the skins (unpureed) with dastardly effects.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Know I"ve been MIA but I need quick help - just pureed papayas with skin still on? new
      #274440 - 07/17/06 07:48 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Yes, you are supposed to peel the skin off. You aren't supposed to eat the skin and I wouldn't if I was you. But papayas are very good for digestion.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Thanks guys - chock it up to learning experience and try again! nt new
      #274474 - 07/18/06 04:03 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1580 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 619

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review