Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with Magnesium Questions ???
      #273892 - 07/13/06 01:34 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello Everyone,

What kind of magnesium is best to take for IBS-C? magnesium oxide, magnesium sulfate, or magnesium carbonate? I'm taking oxide, 600mg daily. I hope that's the better one and the right amount. I also bought a magnesium liquid mineral supplement but haven't use it b/c don't what's the difference...If you guys know please let me know.

Thank you!
Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with Magnesium Questions ??? new
      #274321 - 07/17/06 07:06 AM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi Abi,

Good forms of magnesium are mag citrate and mag taurate. They are more bioavailable ( body can absorb them more easily).

Inorganic forms such as mag oxide of carbonate, and mag dolomite are much less bioavailable to the body.

The body does reject excess mag so supplementation is generally very safe, with the exception of those with kidney insufficiency.

Personally I always go for mag citrate as it's probably the best absorbed, and I believe it's water soluble.

I also replied to your query on other IF apart from wheat.

Hope all's well as can be your end!

Did you get my last mail?

Warm hugs,

Joanna

Re: Help with Magnesium Questions ??? new
      #274361 - 07/17/06 12:03 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello my dear friend Joanna,

Thank you for your messages, I'm so glad to hear from you. How are you feeling? Hope you are feeling much better and keeping a smile :-)

I been taking a Magnesium supplement, the ingredients are magnesium(as magnesium oxide,aspartate,citrate,alpha-ketoglutarate,taurinate) I hope they are good, let me know please. Is 600mg daily good enough? or should I take more?

I also started taking enzymes before each meal and soy based probiotic acidophilus after each meal. Hope I'm taking the right stuff.

For a couple of weeks now for breakfast I been having Fiber One cereal with my 2tbsp of flax seeds(soaked in water overnight) and only eating 1 prune and it seems to work out better.

There's more I want to share with you, but I have go get my daughter at summer camp and to the store, so I will keep writing when I come back.

A big hug, lots of love and blessings your way!

Your friend,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 595

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review