All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new here, i have lots of fun burdens :(
      #273827 - 07/13/06 07:46 AM
Advance

Reged: 07/13/06

hello, my name is dan and i'm 24 years of age. i've had ibs since i was around 11-12 and it's mostly been awful cramping that has crippled my life. also i have gerd which makes everything twice as awful.

i must say now that it's extremely hard for me to post something so personal on a public board like this since i'm very guarded and private. but in cases like mine and many of yours, i believe communication is crucial in easing the physical and emotional pain involved with ibs.

i am a bit intimated because for one, i'm male and so far this board looks to be to be predominantly female. this is quite bothersome to me since physically are bodies are different, so i feel i may not relate and find help for certain pains and grief (i know this may sound silly, but i'm just very honest.)

in short, i'm just looking to make new friends and possibly support from people who understand and will not be frustrated with constantly talking about this awful functional disorder. so if possible, i'd love to chat with many of you because i've visited many boards for years, and i've decided this is the most knowledge and friendly information source on the net.

thank you for reading, and see you around!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new here, i have lots of fun burdens :( new
      #273835 - 07/13/06 08:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome Dan....it is great that you are posting and are willing to share with us. There are other Men here, but you are right it is mostly women as we are the lucky ones who are blessed with IBS , but we also are told that most that have IBS are also pretty or handsome!

You have come to the right place for both support with IBS and for friends, be sure to say hello in the living room too where we all talk about what is going on in our lives besides IBS.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#273916 - 07/13/06 04:21 PM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

welcome...you'll find everyone great. granted i'm a woman, but everyone is great here!! you'll feel right at home.

Welcome new
      #273950 - 07/13/06 10:21 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've also have IBS since around the age of 12 (I'm 26 now). I'm stable now thanks largely to Heather's diet. How wonderful that you have decided to join a community for support. IBS can make for lonely times. But there will always be people here to listen and offer advice or answer questions.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

hi :D new
      #273970 - 07/14/06 02:31 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
I love making new friends so count me in friends are gifts from God. there are some males around on the boards, if you look in the living room there's actually a thread about that right now.
I totally know how you feel about posting personal things but it does help and I don't think you can post anything that we haven't heard before
ok well that's it have fun and feel free to e-mail me my address is on my profile
Godbless and take care
Vicky
xxx

Welcome Dan! new
      #274097 - 07/14/06 06:21 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Feel free to post whatever is ailing you! Someone is bound to reply. No need to be shy, we're all here to support each other!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#274689 - 07/19/06 06:01 AM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Hi, Dan, welcome to the board. There are men here, I've seen 'em, so you're not the only guy with IBS. I can understand why you'd be worried about the differences between the ladies and the guys when it comes to our woes, but when it all comes down to it, we're all here for the same reason - for support, help, advice, and to know that we aren't alone in our suffering. Not all of us have all the same issues, but from what I've seen and read, every person I've ever seen on this board has at least 1 thing in common with me or my IBS.

It's gotta be very difficult to have GERD on top of IBS. I know how crippling IBS can be, and with my understanding of GERD, that's also very inconvenient and painful.

I'm still working on my own IBS symptoms which I've dealt with for longer than six years. I'm 29 and I have IBS-C, various mood disorders, and other physical ailments. I'm also legally blind, unemployed, on disability, and waiting on a determination on whether I will qualify for Social Security benefits. Being broke doesn't help facilitate a better diet either, but I do my best with what I can, when I can. IBS-C has nearly lost me several jobs in the past. It's so bad now, that I can't work consistently.

I think you'll find a good place here. I love it here. I don't get a chance to visit often, but I love it here. Take your time getting comfortable and don't feel like you have to spill your guts (no pun intended) right away. There's so much to read and learn and a lot of helpful products that Heather sells, that I think you'll be very busy if you want to wait a bit before you share your private pains.

Meanwhile take care, good luck, hope you enjoy the boards and make friends here. Hope to see you around.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#274692 - 07/19/06 06:44 AM
Advance

Reged: 07/13/06

thank you very much for your post. as much as i get depressed and feel sorry for myself, when it see someone who has much dire issues with a healthy attitude like yours, it really shows me what i take for granted. i'm lucky to have a good job that pays very well at the moment and i've already discussed ibs with several of my co-workers. my family is very supportive of my condition even though many weren't in the beginning "he's faking it so he can miss school".

it's very difficult to deal with these problems especially on top of other problems. with all the research done on mind-body, it's amazing people don't realize that it's real important to gather the right support and friends to recover from the worse parts of ibs. i'm slowly getting my life back and i plan on attemping great things, though i'm not quite sure yet .

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1957 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 955

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review