Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Abigail Fleet enemas and Levsin
      #272725 - 07/06/06 03:40 AM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi Abi,

Thanks for your last mail ~ hope the colonoscopy has had some helpful results!

You asked about Fleet enemas and Levsin. I hadn't heard of either of them and so did a search on Google. There's a lot of info about both on the net.

I have used water enemas, but certainly wouldn't like to advise you on whether you should use them. I think that any doctor would advise against enemas unless they prescribe them. They can also irritate the large intestine. I think you'd need a naturopathic doctor to advise you on enemas and what's right for your particular circumstances.

I also don't know whether Levsin is a helpful thing for you to try. It sounds as though it's something that a doctor should prescribe, and I would ask your doctor about it, in the light of what your colonoscopy results are.

I do have an email address but think it's more reliable to contact me through the message board. I'm afraid I tend to be spasmodic with regular contact as health dictates energy levels. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Having a bad stretch at the moment as the supplements are irritating my bowel!!

All for now ~ hope you're getting over such a difficult week.

Blessings for you and your little one!

Joanna

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonoscopy results and change in BM new
      #272798 - 07/06/06 12:22 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello Joanna,

I'm sorry to hear you are not felling well at the moment. How long do you have to take those supplements for? I hope not too long and that the get the job done. I will keep you in my prayers.

I'm so glad the colonoscopy is over with. The GI doc said everything looks good, but I have to wait for the biopsy test results. I still have to wait about 10 to 14 days for the results and to start any treatment, that's too long:-(

Since Tuesday I stopped having my usual prunes and flax seeds in the morning to see if that would alleviate my cramps, spasms and pain. I'm still eating food high in IF and adding a little more of the SF food, but taking easy on the SF b/c I don't want to get C. I'm not sure why, but I already had 3 BM today, two in the morning and one at 1pm.
I'm very surprised by it b/c I never ever go more than once and maybe twice(a little)in the morning. But there are four things that I did do different this morning and maybe that's the reason for my BM change, not sure...I drank a 25oz of water right when I wake up, even before I got out of bed. I had a bran cereal high in IF with lots of water. I took a Magnesium supplement pill and a peppermint pill 30 minutes before breakfast. Let's see how the rest of the day goes an tomorrow.

I trust God that better days are coming my way and your way. I will talk to a Naturopath and go back to acup after the biopsy results are back. I will also ask my GI about enemas and Levsin next I see him, hopefully sooner than in 10 days.

Thank you for always trying to help me, keeping me inform and for your care across the ocean. Means a lot to me !!! I will try to post a picture of my daughter for you to see.

All my love and big hugs !
Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review