All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What is your worst time of day with your IBS and what do you do about it?
      #272632 - 07/05/06 01:49 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I was just curious...
Do you have a time of day that is worse with your IBS? For me the mornings are the worst. As soon as I get up and start moving around getting ready for the day. That is when the anxiety and IBS-D kick in. I usually have to take at least two chewable Imodiums to get away from the house. If I'm not going anywhere on the weekend, I try not to take any. Usually by 10:00 the IBS-D has eased. But the anxiety creeps up on me throughout the day.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is your worst time of day with your IBS and what do you do about it? new
      #272654 - 07/05/06 03:44 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I think for most people mornings are the worse. I take things very easy and only eat when my tummy tells me that it's ready, I feel nauseous most mornings.

--------------------
S.

After Dinner new
      #272692 - 07/05/06 06:00 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm usually really crampy after dinner, irregardless of what and how much I eat. If I'm having attacks, it's usually then. I can't do much to help it - follow the diet and pray for a good day!
I've had about a week of good days lately! I'm feeling lucky!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: What is your worst time of day with your IBS and what do you do about it? new
      #272709 - 07/05/06 07:28 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Mornings are my worst as well. I have to be at work for 8am so I tend to get up very early to give my stomach a chance to settle. Can get very hectic though with two teens prepping for school and only one bathroom in the house. Between the D and nausea, I have a handy supply of Immodium and non drowsy gravol. Probably not a good combo, but until I stabilize on the diet, that's my routine.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#272713 - 07/05/06 08:41 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

In the morning is when I have to give myself plenty of time to spend time in the bathroom so I get up way early when I have to go off in the morning. The other time I may have some gassy stuff is after supper in the evenings. But fennel usually takes care of that.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#272719 - 07/05/06 09:36 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I do okay in the a.m. - but I take it so safely -
EVERY morning Rice Chex and soy milk.

I tend to have the most problems after dinner I think because there is more variety and I tend to eat a larger portion- shoot if I go to all the trouble to make a good dinner I want to eat it!

Leigh

#272727 - 07/06/06 04:30 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I disagree. Morning is usually my BEST time of the day. As the day goes on things gradually get worse. Late afternoon and early evening are probably my worst times of the day. If I could figure out how to control things at that time of day I would be doing great.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#272735 - 07/06/06 05:56 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

Mornings are definitely the worst for me! I may have some gas or bloating during the day/evening, but I only have BMs in the morning.

--------------------
Kim

#272736 - 07/06/06 06:30 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

The mornings are the worst for me, too. I have the most pain then.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Early afternoon/evening new
      #272758 - 07/06/06 08:23 AM
Elyse

Reged: 06/29/06

I agree w/you. I find that the mornings are better. I get up, relax, eat safe cereal w/acacia, and "go." As the day goes on, I think things slow down, and it's downhill from there. I get more gas and spasms. I'm trying to stabilize w/more acacia and I'm getting some fennel. We'll see if that helps.

--------------------
IBS-C, gastroparesis, burping, bloating, spasms

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review