All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can you suddenly change from a D to an A?
      #272620 - 07/05/06 01:16 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

My educated guess is yes, but I wanted to see what the thought is here. Granted, I am under a huge amount of stress right now studying for the bar exam, which may have some bearing on my changes. I was totally stable until all this studying began. Now I have one day where I go a few times, sometimes I get crampy and urgent feeling, but not the consistency of D. Then I skip a day. Then I have to "unload" again. Haha...it's a new experience for me.

Any thoughts? Is this A even though I don't feel constipated..just don't have anything wanting to come out. Could this be a temporary thing while I'm under all this stress? Thank you!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can you suddenly change from a D to an A? new
      #272652 - 07/05/06 03:32 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

That is what I have and I call A. Urgency not true D. I only get "properly" C very infrequently and go at least every other day.

Stress and diet can definitely change your IBS type, lots of people have gone from D to C I think on here, and I used to be A tending more towards D but sometimes I am more C for a few weeks than D. A is my normal though.

Good luck with your studying. My Dad is doing Calbar too and he is beginning to stress, but is still running his practice and working all day every day while trying to study.

If you are sitting yours in San Mateo Expo Ctr and see an Irish guy looking lost take pity on him and be nice, he's my Dad!

--------------------
S.

#272684 - 07/05/06 05:16 PM
AmandaM

Aw, no I am sitting in Sacramento where I live. San Mateo is not too far away though. I commend your Dad immensely for tackling this thing while keeping the rest of his life in order! I guess I can get through this, too

#272701 - 07/05/06 06:43 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Same thing definitely happens to me, and I consider myself an A, and a former D. Not to state the obvious but sometimes it helps to be reminded -- make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and be more conscientious about eating fruits and veggies and other sources of IF than you were as a straight D.
Good luck. We're in the homestretch now, thank the lord. Gee, then we get to be lawyers and can finally relax?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Hate to shatter your illusion Panda.... new
      #272723 - 07/06/06 01:53 AM
cailin

But relaxing isn't really part of the job description (I know your tongues was in your cheek when you wrote that)
I'm qualified four years and have an inhouse job which is relatively stress free compared to jobs in practice and I still find it hard to relax.

It is WONDERFUL not to have to study any more though, as you will both soon find out

--------------------
S.

Re: Hate to shatter your illusion Panda.... new
      #272843 - 07/06/06 07:39 PM
AmandaM

ANYTHING has got to be better than the stress of studying for the bar I'll take a job with a set routine and *ahem* a paycheck anyday over studying!!!

#272846 - 07/06/06 08:00 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Seriously. Money good. Studying bad. Used to be able write sentences with verbs and other fancy stuff ... brain is fried ...

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#272847 - 07/06/06 08:07 PM
AmandaM

HAHAHAHA....I am right there with you! How's your tummy doing? Hopefully you're feeling better!

Only teasing :) new
      #272856 - 07/07/06 02:45 AM
cailin

..I remember that feeling so well, the feeling of freedom when I finished my last exam and the delight of being able to go out for dinner as I could finally afford it! My salary as a lawyer was three times what I earned as a trainee and that went up in the space of a weekend, it was soo fantastic. I did find very quickly that my spending grew as quick as my salary though!

LOL re the verbs Panda.

Best of luck with the exams girls. Hope you have long holidays planned for after the exams, you deserve it.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2757 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review