All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fruit Juices and other drinks
      #272326 - 07/03/06 01:29 PM
LilLiz101

Reged: 07/03/06

Hello,
I have been looking for some safe fruit juices or other beverages to drink. I've been drinking a lot of tea, and I want some more variety! I've seen some called "Vruit" at Wild Oats Market. For some reason, apple juice doesn't seem to sit very well on my stomach most of the time, but I found one that's tropical, which contains pear, carrot, pineapple, celery, pumpkin, and papaya juices. It seems pretty mild, but I wasn't sure if pineapple juice is too acidic. I've heard pineapples contain enzymes that break-down proteins, but I don't know if they are still present in pineapple juice. I also wasn't sure if i should try cranberry juice (most of the ones I've seen also contain apple juice). There's also a Vruit that's Apple Carrot that I was considering. Please let me know of what fruit juices and other drinks are considered to be safe! Thanks!!
~Liz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fruit Juices and other drinks new
      #272359 - 07/03/06 06:15 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Pom Wonderful Pomegranate Juice is safe. I'm not sure about the flavored ones, but the 100% pomegranate is safe.

#272361 - 07/03/06 06:17 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

I have no problem with cranberry juice. I drink it plus take the pills because I'm prone to urinary tract infections. For variety I drink various juices but I always water them down.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#272363 - 07/03/06 06:19 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Be careful of the cocktail kind of juices because I've read they contain HFCS.

hi liz new
      #272376 - 07/03/06 07:37 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i drink either RW KNUDSEN juices or SANTA CRUZ juices. i dont do well with straight apple either and usually try to avoid it along with grape juice or white grape juice. those are common ones added for mixed juices. mango nectar works well with me, blueberry nectar, cranberry nectar is good too. although be careful since it's a diuretic. dont want to dehydrate yourself. i also like to drink organic limeaide [santa cruz is the best brand of this] its not too sweet, has little actual lemonade and isnt too tart at all. i dilute it still with water and sometimes my own iced tea creations. i dont care for/have a hard time with super-acidic juices like lemonade. hope that helps! whats the prices like at wild oats? do they have a wide variety of organic stuff?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#276683 - 08/01/06 11:10 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

This is great, I was wondering about pomegranate juice, I really like it a lot, so I did a search and found this post. I found cranberry-pomegranate juice, does anyone know if this is safe? I know cranberry juice is supposed to be the safest (as opposed to grape, prune, etc.), according to Heather's book. Oh, and I also found a cranberry lime juice, any input would be greatly appreciated. I love cranberry juice, so it's nice to know it's good for IBS. Not to mention that it's good for bladder health. Take care and thank you all.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1525 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review