Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS C and heart burn???
      #271367 - 06/28/06 09:20 AM
dragonfly31

Reged: 05/12/06
Loc: Ulster County New York

Hi,
Has anyone experienced sever heartburn (so bad you think you're having a geart attack) and then continue to have heart burn? I am a several tests done(finally have a Dr that is sort of listening) and I had an upper endoscopy done and every thing looks fine - so he did not prescribe anything for my heart burn - his explanation was "well, you can have a headache and have nothing wrong with you"

So, any treatments suggestions, anecdotes would be great! Currently I am trying Pepcid and that does not seem to work.

Thanks
Dragonfly31

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS C and heart burn??? new
      #271416 - 06/28/06 01:02 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I experience both, and it is no fun! I just finished a round of tests with my G.I, and my upper endoscopy showed irritation and inflammation of the upper intestines, stomach, and esophagus, which she called "gastritis and esophogitus." This may not be the same as what you suffer from, but the trestment is the same for people who get frequent heartburn. My G.I. recommended Prilosec, which is an over the counter medication which actually prevents the body from producing too much acid, rather than just blocking the acid, which is what Pepcid and Tums do. It is perscription strength, but it's relatively cheap, and you can get it at any drug store. Ask your doctor about it, and maybe give it a try. It hasn't started working for me yet, but they say it has a cummulative effect, so I'm still hopeful! Good luck!

--------------------
Julia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 591 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 394

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review