Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Abigail re magnesium
      #270965 - 06/26/06 02:21 AM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi Abie,

Just to say that it's fine to take magnesium without calcium. Magnesium is a real goodie to take as it helps to relax the whole system.

I think it was great that your acupuncturist rang to see how you were ~ that's very supportive! Let's hope the acup itself helps over time.

This end I'm trying to decide best ways to go forward with this bacteria problem ~ in the middle of discussions with doc and therapists.

Glad to hear you sounding a bit brighter the other day ~ hope it continues for you, and hope the yoga tapes help!

Got my photo on now!

Have the best week possible,

Warm hugs,

Joanna

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Abigail re magnesium new
      #271043 - 06/26/06 12:17 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello Joanna,

Very nice picture :-)Good to see you !!! Hope you had a good weekend. I felt ok(not great)on Saturday, but Sunday wasn't good, had pain all day :-( Today I'm feeling ok.

Today I made an appt. with the Naturopath doc for Monday, I talked to him on the phone and explained my symptoms. He seemed helpful, but he's only been practicing natural medicine for 3 years. What do you think? It cost $125.00 per hour.

I'm looking forward to the acupuncturist on Wed. She's a very sweet lady, but I also hope the acup itself helps me, thank you ! I should get me yoga videos soon, I'll let you how that helps.

I hope soon you are able to decide for the safest and most effective way to get rid of that bacteria. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep me posted.

Have you ever tried Triphala herb? I'm reading on it.

Hope you are having a great day !

A big hug & blessings,

Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Abigail Naturopath new
      #271221 - 06/27/06 12:18 PM
lorien

Hi Abi,

To be honest I don't know what to say about the naturopath. I have no idea how expensive they are in your part of the world, and although he's only been practising for a short time he may be good.

I guess it depends on how desperate you are, whether you can afford his input, and whether he's the only option available.

I would discuss it with your acupuncturist on Wed, and see what she thinks about you taking this on board at the same time as the acupuncture.

All for now ~ am pretty low energy right now. Have decided to go with the non antibiotic route (herbal instead) for this stomach bacteria problem ~ with the support of my nutritionist/naturopath. It may not work, but I'm going to give it a try before going for the harsher treament.

Most people wouldn't agree with me ~ oh well I always was a rebel!!

Hope you have good session on Wed with acup!

Gentle hugs,

Joanna

Re: Abigail Naturopath new
      #271322 - 06/27/06 10:10 PM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,

I hope you start feeling better everyday. Lets pray that the herbal route works for you. I like natural medicine much better.

They called me today from my GI doctor's office and told me I need to schedule a colonoscopy again(I had it done last year on Jan 2005)because the blood test results. They want to rule out Crohn's or something else again. I'm so confused because the GI doc I had last year did all those tests and found nothing. All he told me was that I was IBS. I have all the test results and my GI doc now has a copy of them, so I don't know I go on Monday Jul 5 for the colonoscopy, I can't believe I have to go thru that again !!!

I hope I'm able to make it to the acup this afternoon(Wed). Maybe I should wait about the naturopath until after the colonoscopy, we'll see.

I now really think I should see my GYN doc asap because today I been having some period bleeding and I just finished my last period about 1 1/2 week ago.

I can't believe so many things in one day, but I keep my faith strong and trust God. I got one of the Yoga tapes today, I'm going to try to start doing that tomorrow. I'll let you know...Keep me posted, and as always, thank you for your words.

Love and blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Abigail re colonoscopy etc new
      #271352 - 06/28/06 08:30 AM
lorien

Hi Abie,

I'm soooooo sorry you're having such an awful time of it at the moment ~ poor poor you. I'm so sorry for your pain.

It's miserable that you've got to go through another colonoscopy, but on the positive side, I think it's very reassuring that your doctor is taking things seriously and bothering to get you seen again. Things may have changed since the last one and I think he's right to check things out for you.

In view of the bleeding and your history with endometriosis and adhesions, I think you need to contact your GYN doc asap and get an appointment to be seen.

Maybe it would be a good idea to cancel the naturapath for now, and see him when you've got through these other examinations, and know what the outcomes are?

I hope you managed to get to see the acupuncturist today, and that the session was helpful for the pain.

Is the colonoscopy on Mon 3rd or Wed 5th July? You said Mon 5th July, and that isn't right! Make sure you go on the right day!

Contact your family for some support!

You're doing fantastically when you've got so much to deal with ~ and trying so hard to help yourself. It will get sorted Abie ~ take heart.

Sending you much love and care across the oceans!

Joanna

Re: Abigail re colonoscopy etc new
      #271585 - 06/29/06 10:10 AM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,

Thank you always for your support and encouraging words. I wanted to post you a message last night, but I had such a horrible day yesterday. The pain & the cramps were so strong all day that I felt like going to the ER. I had to take some Milk of Magnesium last night to try to find some relief. I was in the bathroom very early in the morning, not so much fun, but I don't know what else to do.

I wasn't able to see the acup lady, it was too much . All I did was cry, but even breathing made my pain worst. I guess I will have to cancel the naturopath for now.

My colonoscopy is Wed 5th of July. I have to take 32 pills(28 Visicol tablets and 4 Dulcolax)the day before with lots of water to empty my bowels. Do you know about those pills? I can't wait to get that over with.

My mother is been here with me, thank God! but it's hard for her to see me this way(in so much pain and so underweight). Our strong faith in God and in His word keeps us believing that there are better days ahead. My daughter is also been great, she's only 7, but she cares so much.

I pray to have better news for you soon. Thank you for your love and care across the oceans! It means a lot to me :-)

Lots of love, hugs and blessings to you always,
Abi

--------------------

ABIGAIL! new
      #355636 - 02/12/10 08:46 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

If you are still out there, please let me know. I tried to email you but it wouldn't go through any more, it's been so long. I really want and need to talk with you!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Abigail re magnesium new
      #355659 - 02/12/10 11:36 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

FYI, some people who take antiacids, which have either Magnesium or

Magnesium
A deficiency of the mineral magnesium may contribute to constipation. Magnesium is found naturally in foods such as green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains and in supplements.

Magnesium is needed for normal muscle function, including intestinal muscles. One recent study examined the intake of magnesium with constipation in 3835 women. Low magnesium intake was associated with constipation.

""Antacids are the most common cause of drug-related diarrhea," says Harris Clearfield, M.D., professor of medicine and director of the Division of Gastroenterology at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. "Maalox and Mylanta both have magnesium hydroxide in them that acts exactly like milk of magnesia does, which makes these antacids a common cause of diarrhea."

To avoid future bouts of heartburn-related diarrhea, he suggests trying antacids that contain aluminum hydroxide, with no magnesium added. "These are less likely to cause diarrhea," Dr. Clearfield says, "but they're less effective, too."

So Magnesium could contribute to d and aluminum can contribute to C.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2765

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review