All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Important question for Heather regarding diet.
      #270687 - 06/23/06 07:24 AM
ccckkk

Reged: 11/06/03

Hi,
I have colonic inertia/IBS-C. I started Heather's diet in May and felt great for the first week. After adding in vegetables and fruits gradually, I started feeling so so bad and after about a month got off the diet and tried eating how I would normally eat. Since then, I cannot get back to normal "whatever that is." I am feeling terrible. Plus, for some reason which I may think has to do with my diet changing - I did not get my period this month. I was due to get it on June 2 and I am 22 days late. I am feeling terrible even after stopping Heather's diet. There is no way that I am pregnant. I have an appointment in July to see my gynecologist anyway. Now, I do not know how to get back on track. What should I do? I know Healher said colonic inertia is different than IBS, so I figured I might as well stop the diet and I still cannot get my system right. Ever since I started the diet I have been a mess. Do you have any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Important question for Heather regarding diet. new
      #270690 - 06/23/06 07:35 AM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi,

I'm not Heather but I felt you may be open to any feedback as well!

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time of it. I have a lazy colon as well, and I find that dietwise it's best if I follow a diet pretty much as Heather suggests. This, and other things that are good for constipation seem to help keep my bowel as active as it can be.

Have you thought about using something like acupuncture to help keep your bowel active alongside diet?

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Joanna

Re: Important question for Heather regarding diet. new
      #270694 - 06/23/06 07:51 AM
ccckkk

Reged: 11/06/03

Hi, Thanks for answering. Through the years, I have tried acupuncture, chiropractor, nutritionists, anything you can think of, I have tried it. Nothing works. But now after being on Heather's diet it really turned my body out of wack and even though I discontinued the diet, I cannot even get back to how I was. I am 5 times worse than normal and I can't figure it out.

See your gynecologist sooner. (m) new
      #270700 - 06/23/06 08:19 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If a high soluble fiber diet is contraindicated for your form of colonic inertia, following the EFI guidelines - particularly if you weren't super careful about getting enough IF - might have slowed your system down while you were on it. However, there is no logical reason why the effects should have persisted once you were off the EFI Diet and absolutely no reason why the EFI Diet should have delayed the onset of your period. It sounds like missing a period is unheard of for you, so that along with the changes in your bowel habits means you really need to see your gynecologist ASAP. Make sure you tell her about the bowel habit changes as well as the missed period - and any other unusual symptoms.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 575

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review