All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What is the food item(or items) that you miss the most??
      #269882 - 06/16/06 05:51 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I miss clamatto juice (with a hint of vodka) I wasn't big into drinking alcohol, but the occasional caesar was good.(with lots of seasoning and salt) I also miss rolo ice cream, and a jucey, saucey, bbq steak... <sigh> oh well, it's not worth being violently ill.. But hey, if there was a cure, I know what my first meal would be..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is the food item(or items) that you miss the most?? new
      #269883 - 06/16/06 06:00 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Good topic, I had thought of it too lately!
Hmm, mint & cookies ice cream (Ben & Jerrys)... And Italian gelato - I lived in Italy so I had the REAL stuff... Genoa salami and prociutto... Hollandaise sauce over asparagus or Eggs Benedict... Coffee... Marshmallows and roasted wieners when camping...
Mmmmm.... now I'm hungry even though I've been having attacks for the last hour!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#269886 - 06/16/06 06:32 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Coffee. I don't know as I miss it as much as I get very bored without it. I could always pass up bad coffee, but good coffee? *sigh*

I must say, I feel almost normal tonight!! This is a major joy.

#269891 - 06/16/06 06:46 PM
Dajara

congrats on the feeling normal.. (Yay for the simple pleasures of life, agreement? haha)

#269893 - 06/16/06 06:52 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Instead of a specific food, I miss the concept of being able to peek into the cupboard or fridge and just grab anything without thinking twice, you know? Eating things without preparing them the way I have to now, eating in a more carefree style.
But if I had to choose, I must say that I do miss ice cream, and candy. (Sugary things! lol)

#269897 - 06/16/06 07:22 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

I miss cheeseburgers, cheesesteak, cheesecake, soda and hot fudge sundaes the most.

#269899 - 06/16/06 07:26 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Cheese and ice cream.

#269902 - 06/16/06 07:35 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Dairy products, all of them. Except bleu cheese. I never liked it in the first place.

#269904 - 06/16/06 07:44 PM
Dajara

I can understand that.. I also miss being able to just grab something on the road and not have to worry *where will I be in the next half hour? will i be near a bathroom?* I have to completly plan out when I eat, and make sure i'm not doing anything for at least three hours just incase I have an attack. I can't eat anything that might even possibly be a trigger on work nights, or while i'm at work just to be on the safe side.

Wow, the idea of being able to eat something and then go play paintball all night and not have to worry.. it's a nice dream...

#269905 - 06/16/06 08:25 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, I don't miss cow-originated foods and cheese--although I confess that I do miss butter, occaisonally.

I miss the skins of things--apples, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets.

I miss just being able to grab an apple and eat it without butt-wretching pain. I miss being able to enjoy raw salads without a second thought. I miss MSG and really dive chinese food. I miss movie theatre popcorn drenched in BUTTER.

Kate, IBS-D.

#269912 - 06/16/06 09:34 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

definately cheese for me. I used to love cheese and put it on everything. I also miss sour cream and can't eat it at all, can't even cheat a little bit. Instant D for me even when I am stable.

--------------------
Janey

Edited by Janey (06/16/06 09:36 PM)

#269930 - 06/17/06 07:58 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hamburger. I miss meat sauce, sloppy Joe's, meat loaf. Hamburger is my one big trigger other than eating too much at one sitting.
Going out to eat. If I had a car it wouldn't be so bad, but when you have to walk home it's 15 mins. instead of 3 or 4 to drive.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#269944 - 06/17/06 10:51 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Oooooh, man. I miss cheese so much! I used to love big thick slices of pizza, all gluey with cheese...and then I'd eat raw cookie dough out of the tub for dessert!

I used to put melted cheese on everything...those were the days...

--------------------
Julia

#269953 - 06/17/06 11:15 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Eggs. I get really hungry for good eggs. I'm no so sure stable I couldn't tolerate them either but I am *trying* to be good. I sat across from a friend at breakfast who ordered my favorite breakfast at Village Inn with EGGS and veggies and potatoes and cheese. Extreeeeeemely high fat (which may be my biggest culprit I'm thinking). I ordered oatmeal and fresh fruit, which was very good, but boy did I want what she had

#269958 - 06/17/06 11:38 AM
dhaggerty

Reged: 06/04/06
Loc: Northeast, Bucks County, PA

I'm with Lyndeigh

#269988 - 06/17/06 06:28 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

I MISS ICE CREAM SO MUCH!! On Sat nights, my husband and I would sit and watch movies with 3-4 pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, switching back and forth until we were sick with yumminess. He still indulges (though he so sweet and offered not to eat it in front of me) while I sit and indulge with peppermint tea, 1/4 cup of rice dream ice cream and apple slices without peels!

I am also a huge baker and love to make cookies. The best part of baking is tasting the dough and there is NO way I can do that now. So I am forced to make cookies and smell the dough. It's amazing how much self-control one can have!

A BLT... new
      #270007 - 06/17/06 09:27 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

with pepper bacon, ripe tomatoes, crisp lettuce, & buttered toast.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#270010 - 06/17/06 09:59 PM
aross

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Alabama

I miss salads the most. I have to "watch" my weight and I would always grab a salad for lunch. Now if I even eat one or two bites of lettuce, I am hurting before I leave the restaurant. I work in an office at a college and we go out once or twice a month for employees birthdays...and I miss eating things that I might feel are unsafe, like hamburgers, Mexican foods, Apple pie with Old Fashion Vanilla Ice Cream, etc. I miss coffee (even though I did discover Roma (a grain type substitute). But I think the biggest thing for me is worrying about what I can and can't eat and will I be able to work the rest of the day without having to go home because of an attack.

--------------------
Angela
IBS-D and C

going out for ice cream with my kids. I was never a huge ice cream fan but new
      #270026 - 06/18/06 07:10 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

the fact that I can't bothers me. The other thing is when I'm hungy, I can't just eat what's available. I have to think about it too much. Oh the days when I had an iron stomach. I could eat ANYTHING and not be bothered by it.

I have to admit, I'm much more stable now and doing pretty good. I can enjoy a cup of coffee and eat a slice of pizza. But...I can't over do it and there are days when I can't and I pay for it. Oh well, such is IBS!

Sandy

Forgot one! new
      #270032 - 06/18/06 07:56 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Pina Coladas!! They are my favorite drink, but the coconut milk kills me now

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#270047 - 06/18/06 10:37 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I would have to say ice-cream. I had that every night and I never had a problem with it before. Now it's my worst trigger food.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#270071 - 06/18/06 03:09 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Icecream I think, such a treat but it really really kills me. I occasionally have a tiny tiuny piece of cheddar on a cracker and get away with it so that kills my cheese craving. Melted cheese used to be my favourite food but now I think it looks like fatty plastic! Yuck

This summer I really miss a long cool beer straight from the bottle. I can drink cider and some alcohol (with effects the next day) but beer kills me the moment I drink it....mmmmm ice cold miller....

--------------------
S.

#270097 - 06/19/06 12:54 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Chocolate the most and cheese and proper chips from the fish and chip shop with plenty of salt and vinegar, good old british fish and chips ooooooooooohhhh its not fair!!!!

big salad with gorgonzola, cranberries, onions and walnuts :) -nt new
      #272086 - 07/01/06 11:37 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

#272091 - 07/02/06 05:24 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

First is cheese. After that just the luxury of having dinner at someones home and not having to only eat maybe a side dish of veggy with bread. That happened on my trip last week. The big gala goodbye breakfast was completely out of my food range. I think I ate a dry piece of toast and hated it (forgot to go prepared)! But I am still overweight which is testimony to the fact that there is still plenty of food out there with my name on it that is safe to eat.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#272101 - 07/02/06 08:38 AM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

Lasagne, salad and pizza. Absolutely taboo for me now and I haven't had any of them for about a year and a half. I know from my reaction to less-potent things that it just wouldn't go well. Sigh. I feel like a monk, although a monk could probably eat salad. Double sigh.

Cheese, sweet cheese, I miss you so. *nt new
      #272175 - 07/02/06 03:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review