Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
      #269690 - 06/15/06 03:36 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello there,

To make long story short, I was told I was IBS-C with chronic "C" last January after many trips to the Dr.'s and hospital. I tried a high SF diet and got worst so I changed to a high IF diet and that helped me a little to stay regular. I drink lots of water, I exercise everyday, I drink herbal teas, I take supplements and I avoid stress, but nothing I do takes my abdominal pain away. I'm in pain almost every hour of every day...I had to quit my job and have to stay home. I'm a mother of 7 year old daughter and I can't be there for her or for my family because of the pain. I NEED HELP, I don't know what else to do...If any of you can help me, please do so, I'm desperate.

Thank you,
Abi
aft98@bellsouth.net

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!! new
      #269694 - 06/15/06 03:45 PM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

Have you asked your doc about zelnorm? I'm IBS "c"...that was the only thing that helped and being super strict on the sf diet...I used to get really bad stomach pains too. I would ask your doc about Zelnorm...I've been on it for about 3 months. Starting today, I'm going to try to wein off of it...Let me know what your doc says...Give it a try anyway.

#269698 - 06/15/06 04:10 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

I agree. I am IBS-C and went on Zelnorm. It helped me with the horrible pain and the gas but the constipation was still there. But it was so nice not having the pain!

what are you doing about "c" now? new
      #269700 - 06/15/06 04:12 PM
polly2004

are you still on zelnorm? and what did you do about the "c"? i'm kinda scared going off the meds..any advice on what helped you? laxitives..forget about them..nothing the doc gave me worked.

#269716 - 06/15/06 05:31 PM
Abigail

Thank you so much for your response. I heard about zelnorm but I was afraid of trying it because I wasn't sure how safe it was. I eat lots of high IF food and it helps with the C but the pain is always there. Do you know if flax seeds and prumes are good for IBS-C? I eat that every morning and it seems to help me with the C but not with the pain. Did you get any side effect taking Zelnorm?

--------------------

#269717 - 06/15/06 05:39 PM
Abigail

Thank you for your response, I'm glad you feel better. I hope I can say the same thing one day soon. I will talked to my Dr. about zelnorm. How long have you been on it? Any side effects? Do you eat a high IF diet? It might help you with C. What do you usually do to help you with C anyway?

--------------------

Re: what are you doing about "c" now? new
      #269736 - 06/15/06 06:24 PM
mtmtmt

My GI doctor prescribed Miralax a few weeks ago. I tend to go overboard on things and decided to take the double dose of Miralax. While I am miserable with IBS-C, I SO prefer to have this than IBS-D. It was a horrible experience.
Needless to say, I stopped the Miralax and it took 5 days to get stable again. I am going to try the Miralax at the correct dose and am hoping this will help with C.
I am no longer on Zelnorm. I currently take a Chinese herb that has done wonders for me.
The C is so strange because it is hard to guage whether I eat enough to produce a BM everyday. I eat primarily SF foods because the IF foods are really bothersome and boy, can I clear a room
Hope this helps.

#269748 - 06/15/06 08:48 PM
Abigail

I never heard of Miralax. Is that better than zelnorm? Are this meds safe? Can you tell me about that Chinese herb you are using. What's the name? Is that herb good for C and the pain? I personally have to eat lots of IF because if not my C gets the worst."I don't mind clearing a room once in a while":-) I tried a high SF diet once and ended up in the hospital, worst experience for me. Thank you for your help.

--------------------

#269757 - 06/15/06 09:05 PM
chupie

I was wondering that too. My vet mentioned it for my cat (but for now I am trying benefiber, and may switch to the accacia). What is miralax?

#269768 - 06/15/06 11:33 PM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi Abigail,

Hope you're having a better day today!

If you can afford it have you thought about using acupuncture? If you have problems taking medications it's a great med free way to help pain and IBS.

Good luck, Joanna

#269814 - 06/16/06 10:20 AM
Abigail

Hello there,

What do I do to find acupuncture in my area? I'm from Orlando, FL and I'm also looking for a support group in my area. Thank you for your help and info....I really appreciate it.

God bless,
Abi

--------------------

#269815 - 06/16/06 10:29 AM
chupie

I'm sure it is listed in the phone book.

Abigail re prunes and acupuncture! new
      #269940 - 06/17/06 10:07 AM
lorien

Hi Abigail,

I've been thinking about your prunes again, and wonder if you've got the courage to try and replace them with something else like figs, and see if you still get the same pain?

Prunes are an acidic forming fruit, and your gut may just not like that!

I find flax very helpful for constipation. Also there's a herb called slippery elm. I soak a tablespoon of flax seeds in a large glass of water and take them 1st thing in the morning, and last thing at night. Naturapaths suggest it may be better for constipation if you don't soak them, but I find it hard to knock them back like this!

If you are really interested in acupuncture, then it's worth shopping around for one that is both affordable, and also registered with a reputable society.

I'm in the UK (hence my post is always out of time with a lot of you!), and here we have, for example, an organisation called the British Acupuncture Council. Anyone registered with them is likely to be a genuine practitioner.

I imagine the USA and Canada must have an equivalant.

Hope this is useful to you, and have a good day!

Joanna

#269955 - 06/17/06 11:20 AM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

Quote:

I agree. I am IBS-C and went on Zelnorm. It helped me with the horrible pain and the gas but the constipation was still there. But it was so nice not having the pain!

The downside being once you go off of it, the pain comes right back. It's not a cure, just a temporary fix, which you will eventually become immune to.

#269956 - 06/17/06 11:22 AM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

Quote:

I currently take a Chinese herb that has done wonders for me.

what is the herb?

Re: Abigail re prunes and acupuncture! new
      #269962 - 06/17/06 12:00 PM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,
Thank you so much for your help and info. I don't know if I have the courage to try those figs, but I will consider it. I usually eat about the same things everyday to keep it safe. Flax helps a lot for C, I soak two tablespoon with 5 prunes and eat it in the morning before breakfast.
I will look in to acupuncture. Have you try it? If you did, Did it help you with the pain and C?

Thank you sooo much for the useful info,
Abi

--------------------

#269977 - 06/17/06 04:48 PM
polly2004

i don't get any side effects really....the pain actually has gone away once i started eating "heather diet"...i'm not kidding. it has helped tremendesley.....

#269978 - 06/17/06 04:50 PM
polly2004

miralax is a laxitive...it didn't do anything for me...

What is the Chinese herb everyone is taking?? new
      #269979 - 06/17/06 04:52 PM
polly2004

What is the herb and what does it do and where can i get it to try? I want to get off the zelnorm. thanks!!

Re: what are you doing about "c" now/Chinese herb new
      #269991 - 06/17/06 06:41 PM
mtmtmt

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.
Miralax is a laxative. I went crazy with it when the doctor first prescribed it and had my first experience with IBS-D and it was awful. I am going to start taking it again at a lower dose and see if it helps.
The Chinese Herb I am taking is Xiang Sha Yang Wei Wan. It is specifically for constipation, pain, bloating and gas. Chinese medicine is very different from Western medicine and even someone with those exact same symptoms may not respond to the herb since it is highly individualized. That said, I am doing remarkably well on the herb. It is taken three times daily.
I am not on Zelnorm now but only on the herb and so far, so good. It has NOT helped with the constipation but the pain, gasiness, bloating and gurgliness is for the most part gone. You can find it online by doing a search. There are many places that sell it. It is also not very expensive.
If you have more questions about Chinese Medicine, I am happy to try and help. You should also do a search on this message board as I have written about the herb before.

Abigail, ACUPUNCTURE, FLAX, PRUNES!! new
      #270012 - 06/17/06 11:45 PM
lorien

Hi Abi,

1. FLAX AND PRUNES

You mentioned that you mix 2 tablespoons of flax seeds with prunes and then eat them before breakfast. I wonder if you're grinding the seeds?

I think this may be too acidic to put onto an empty stomach first thing in the morning!

I did a course on naturapathic nutrition a few years ago, and I remember being told that if people can't use oils for EFAs, then to soak or grind flax for the oils. If you don't soak them it's better for constipation.

This may just be 1 point of view, but it's worth a thought if you're taking as much as 2 tablespoons at breakfast.

Perhaps it's worth trying to have one tablespoon soaked at night before bed, to set your gut up with something slippery for overnight, and in preparation for the morning. Then soak another overnight ready for the morning, and take it 1st thing.

It could be that you're taking too much all in one go in the morning, and this is too fatty and rich for your system. Flax is rich in oils, which we need, but as you know oils need to be handled carefully for IBS.

I've had to stop prunes for breakfast (for now) because they cause me pain and discomfort. I've replaced with millet and pear warmed in soya milk. This is very gentle and soothing on the stomach and colon, and is pain free ~ for me!

I found that when I first changed to this breakfast and eating more SF for my stomach, I was definately more constipated, as my body always reacts this way to a new system. But I had to go through with it because my stomach wouldn't take anything else! Trying to sort one end affected the other end, but now it's beginning to come right with the glasses of flax.

I have bought the Acacia powder, but will try it later. I don't want to add too many new things at once.

2. ACUPUNCTURE

It saved my life so far as I'm concerned! I was very poorly and I went through several years of regular acupuncture treatment.

It did help a lot with assisting my liver to cope with the toxic load that my body couldn't deal with on its own. If the liver can't cope then it's suggested that it throws the load onto the colon. If the colon can't cope it throws the load onto the skin. The toxicity tries to get out one way or another! Your body will always try and do its best for you!

It's easy to forget that the liver is a vital part of the digestive system, and to start treating ourselves in a piece meal way...........

Acupuncture can help with both pain relief and IBS, but there may be others who have tried it and don't like it. If you were to explore this route then I would suggest that the best way to approach it would be to see it as a therapy and a journey to take to healing oneself. It approaches the mind body and spirit, as opposed to just tackling the body.

In acupuncture the colon is related to grief, and the liver is related to anger. I find that whenever my liver is irritated I'm extremely irritable and angry!

Not everyone will see things in this way! So far as I'm concerned we are more than our bodies and what affects the body affects the mind and spirit, and vice versa. It's simply my personal experience.

Acupuncture treats the whole energy system, but it does need more than 1 session, and isn't always a quick fix.

I hope this helps ~ let me know if you have anymore questions. There will be loads of info avaliable to you about acupuncture in the USA/Canada.

The British Council for Acupuncture has a website, which is www.acupuncture.org.uk

There will be other info on the net if you do a search for acupuncture.

Hope all this helps!

Sending you lots of warm healing blessings!

Joanna

Re: What is the Chinese herb everyone is taking?? new
      #270039 - 06/18/06 09:47 AM
lorien

Hi,

I think it must be Baebbe. You'll find more info on www.baebbe.com

Joanna

#270041 - 06/18/06 10:03 AM
mtmtmt

I looked at the website for Baebbe. The herbs are very similar to the ones I am taking n Xiang Sha Yang Wei Wan. However, Baebbe is VERY expensive. The Chinese Herb I am taking costs about $5 for 200 pills. Granted you take 8 capsules three times daily but it still is much less expensive. It is true that some herbs can be very cheap and not contain the ingredients they claim to contain but so far, my intestines are doing well so I am assuming the herb is in the capsule!! When I am NOT on the herb, I have relapse.

#270046 - 06/18/06 10:34 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Can you take this everyday? I'm interested in trying it!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Re: Abigail, ACUPUNCTURE, FLAX, PRUNES!! new
      #270050 - 06/18/06 10:56 AM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,

WOW!!!!!Thank you so much for all the wonderful help and info. It's so nice to know that there are people like you in this board that care. Thank you and every one you for the help. I hope I'm able to help as well, somehow.
About the prunes and flax seeds, I'm not grinding the seeds, I just soak in water the night before. Maybe if I only eat 3 prunes(instead of 5) in the morning it's better. What do you think? I just want to eat enough IF daily so I can have daily BM. I know I need to go everyday to feel better, always been that way. I might need to reduce(a little) the amount of flax seed I'm eating. I need to gain some weight and I thought that the fat in the flax would help me. I also use olive oil with my dinner to help me.

I'm so glad then acupuncture helped you so much. I agree with you, we are more than just body, we are mind, soul and spirit. I renew my mind, my soul and my spirit with the word of God(Bible)daily. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help me.

God bless you and yours always !
Abi

p.s. I was finally able to post my picture.

--------------------

#270080 - 06/18/06 04:06 PM
mtmtmt

Yes, the herb I wrote about is taken three times daily for at least one month. Like any chinese herb, the goal is to rebalance the body so the hope is that you will not need it once your body is back in normal balance. I have not gotten to that point yet so I am not sure what would happen.
Will, of course, keep everyone posted.

#270150 - 06/19/06 06:44 PM
gardenmom

Reged: 06/19/06

Has anyone used the acacia fiber supplement and zelnorm together? I am on zelnorm now, but want to get off of it. Started out good, but has worn off. Bloating back, etc. I've ordered Kit #2 and the teas, but I'm not sure about taking the two (acacia and zelnorm) together.

#270175 - 06/19/06 08:56 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Abigail, Your flax seeds should be ground into meal. I think that stuff is great. I take 3 T/day. Zelnorm gave me terrible cramps, but I'm doing ok with triphala, flaxmeal, acacia and magnesium. Hope you get better. Bette

--------------------
(cool)

Abigail Re "What do I think?" new
      #270201 - 06/20/06 07:39 AM
lorien

Hi again Abi,

You asked what I thought about cutting the prunes back! I think that it would be worth trying to wean yourself gently off the prunes, and try to bring in other more alakaline forms of IF. Alkalaine veggies may be better for you than prunes right now. Also the sugar may be irritating your system.

Lovely to see a photo of you! My turn next! Got an endoscopy tomorrow so it will have to wait!

Thanks for your appreciation!

Joanna

#270220 - 06/20/06 09:31 AM
Abigail

Hello Bette,
Thank you so much for the info. About the flax seeds, you said that I should ground into meal. Does that mean I should buy flaxmeal? or I should eat it the flax seeds with my food. Can you tell me more about that triphala and magnesium? How do you take all that daily? Sorry for so many questions, but I need to learn and I need help. I have and appt. with my GI doc this afternoon, lets see what he has to say. I want to find a good Naturopath around here, but I haven't found one. I looked in the phone book and online. Any ideas??? I appreciate all the wonderful help and info. Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Abigail Re "What do I think?" new
      #270223 - 06/20/06 10:20 AM
Abigail

Hi Joanna,

I think you might right. I think I need to cut back on the prunes a little. I also feel that I'm having too much or the wrong kind of IF because my stool isn't normal at all. My intestines are very irritated, always moving and painful. Before I started having those prunes with flax seeds, I had to take Milk of Magnesium every night to have a BM(not fun). Since I started with the prunes and flax seeds, I was able to stop taking Milk and still have a BM. I was so HAPPY about that. Now, I'm so afraid to stop that because I don't want to get C again. But I need to start making some changes, I can't deal with this 24/7 pain anymore. The pain it's getting so bad that it wakes me up at night. I just want to make the changes for the better not for the worst. That's where I'm having issues with, knowing what changes to make. I would like to find me a Naturopath Dr. around here, but I'm not sure how. Any ideas ??? How much IF I should eat daily to stay regular?
Thank you again and again for the help and the kind words.
Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Abigail re Flax and weight new
      #270296 - 06/20/06 11:21 PM
lorien

Hi Abi,

Just a quick one as having an endoscopy today and need to get ready to go.

I thought about your eating flax to "put on weight". My understanding is that flax oil helps the body to metabolise fats, and doesn't necessarily cause you to put on weight.

You could try other foods like potatoes to help you put on weight?

From what you say it may well be worth finding a professional with a holistic approach to help you, if it feels that you need this support. It is difficult to find which road to take here, as these days there are so many options!

I guess at the end of the day it depends on what financial resources you have, and which practitioners are available in your area.

I don't know how you'd find a naturapathic doc in the USA. In the UK I would go to the Association that they register with, and then this way I know that they have gone through a formal recognised training.

In the USA there must be an equivalent. Maybe post others on the board and ask how to go down this route, and also do a search on Google for one. You need to check out which qualifications are the good ones.

Have you had any tests done for the pain? eg colonoscopy, endoscopy etc....

I don't know how much IF you should eat a day. My guess is that it depends on the individual's needs. Maybe do some searches on IF on Heather's Reviews (top menu bar), and also re read Heather's info on IF.

Heather suggests to always eat some SF before IF, to line the stomach with soothing starch (if I remember rightly!!!) This definately helps me ~ that's why I think your prunes are a harsh way to start the day on your tum!

Have you tried Acacia yet?

Must stop there ~ you'll find your path you know ~ it may take some time, but you will!

Take care,

Joanna

Re: Abigail re Flax and weight new
      #270411 - 06/21/06 02:06 PM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,

How are you feeling after your endoscopy today? I hope and pray that everything is OK. I went to my GI doctor and he sent me to the hosp. for some blood work and also told me to cut down in half all that IF I'm eating(like the flax seeds and prunes). He wants to see me as soon as the blood work comes back and see how I feel. As you already know, I'm very nervous about cutting down because I don't want to get C, but I started today. I'm trying to stay positive and strong in my faith. I found www.orlandoacupuncture.com and I'm trying to make an appointment for this week. I also found another IBS web www.aboutibs.org with some good info, help and support. Maybe you know about it, but just in case. I also found some naturopathic doc in my area doing a google search, but I don't know how good they are, I have to find out. Thank you for all the time you take to give me your support, info and help. I really appreciate it and need it. It was hard to talk to my GI doc yesterday, I was trying to stay strong, but I think I did more crying than talking. Hope to hear from you soon.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Abigail endoscopy experience! new
      #270513 - 06/22/06 07:12 AM
lorien

Hi Abi,

Glad to heae that you saw your doc and you've gone for some blood tests. Do write when you've got the results!

I'm pretty shattered after the endoscopy yesterday. The proceedure itself was definately copeable, but the worst of it was the doc himself! I had a real problem with his attitude ~ he wouldn't let me tell him what I needed to. There were FOUR men in the room when I went in ~ as well as the doc ~ and I wasn't even told they'd be there, or asked if I minded! I did mind! They were junior docs apparantly. Then when I was lying on the couch with the plate already between my teeth and waiting for the tube to be inserted he had a long phone call with his secretary who'd apparantly lost some important notes! His irritability wound me up and I just thought he was totally insensitive to the patient on the couch waiting for him to start an endoscopoy proceedure!

The endoscopy showed up some erosions in a couple of places which will have led to the gastritis that I'm currently experiencing.

I came out in tears ~ I just felt that he should have dealt with me differently. The upshot is that the nursing staff told him I'd had a problem with him and he gave me the opportunity to tell him exactly what that was ~ and I did!

He blames our health system for putting him under so much time pressure ~ all the same................

Anyway ~ enough of that ~ now I need to think about how to go forward ~ I feel I need some prof input ~ back to acupuncture very possibly!

Hope you're feeling better today, and feel that you've got your doc's support!

Rainbows of light whizzing your way!

Joanna

Re: Abigail endoscopy experience! new
      #270561 - 06/22/06 12:05 PM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,

Sorry to hear about your bad endoscopy experience. I understand how you felt. My first GI doc here in Orlando treated me like I was just number a and not a human being, I felt horrible :-( I hope you don't have to deal with that doc again. I hope you start feeling better about the gastritis you are experiencing. Are you taking any med for that?

You aren't going to believe this...As you know I started cutting back on my prunes and flax seeds on Wed. and I already feel C cramps today, I'm bloated and it was harder than usual to have my BM this morning. I don't understand, before I was doing 5 prunes with 2tsp of flax and now I'm doing 3 prunes and 1 1/2tsp of flax. I'm so confused..I don't know why I'm getting C so fast??? I didn't change my diet. I'm still eating the same that I been eating for the last year and I was having a regular BM. It's hard for me to believe that me cutting back on 2 prunes and 1/2tsp of flax seed it's going to make that much difference. What do you think? Should I already take something to help me go(Milk of Magnesium)? or Should I wait? Sorry for all the questions again. Very scary and frustrated.

I have an appt. with the acupuncture lady today at 4pm and I want to start that asap, but I feel so crampy today that I don't know if I can make it. I will try my best. I also called to make and appt. with the Naturopath doc, but they don't have space until Aug. That's too long, I need the help now. I hope I can find another one that can see me very soon.

Thank you for your support always, it means so much to me.
A big hug and blessings to you !
Abi

p.s.When are you going to post your picture. Feel free to email me anytime.

--------------------

Abigail, acupuncture apointment? new
      #270685 - 06/23/06 07:19 AM
lorien

Hi Abi,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so stuck after cutting back on prunes and flax seeds. Do you grind your seeds? I can't remember. I take them whole for C. 1 tablespoon soaked overnight and taken 1st thing in the morning. Ditto for last thing at night. It's what keeps me going at the moment I think.

Did you manage the acup appointment yesterday? I hope so. My experience is that when I don't feel well enough for a treatment it's exactly when I need to have one!

It may be that your stress and fear about not having a BM when cutting the prunes/flax is what has caused you to start getting stuck, as opposed to less prunes etc...

I find that fear is a great motivator for C!!

Have you looked at the self hypno info on this website? It may be worth considering to help relax you.

Yes, a month is a long time to wait for a session with a practitioner ~ I had the same result yesterday when trying to get an acup session booked!

Hope you get your blood test results soon, and remember to take one day at a time!! Give your body a chance to adjust to small changes ~ your BMs may change for a few days, but then even out again.

Hopefully the acup will help you as well!

Love and light for you,

Joanna

Re: Abigail, acupuncture apointment? new
      #270758 - 06/23/06 01:13 PM
Abigail

Hello again Joanna,

Yes !!! I did manage to go to the acup yesterday. She was very sweet and nice. I will try to see her once a week for month and see how I feel. I hope and pray that it will help. I'm also thinking of buying the hypno for IBS. I heard a little of it and liked it.

I had such a bad day yesterday. My mother and my sister came over to visit and all I did was cry all day and all night. I was trying to be strong by not telling my family how bad I was feeling, but I couldn't take it any longer. I have a wonderful husband that's been there for me for the past 14 years, but he works full time and goes to college part-time. I'm alone with my 7 year old daughter must of the time and I try to do fun things with her but I haven't been able to. That makes me so sad(I don't want to start crying again)but I miss all the things I used to do with her. I can't believe how this IBS has changed my life, but I won't give up. One day, I might still have IBS, but IBS won't have me. I'm staying strong in my faith. It's hard for me to be positive when I'm having a really bad day, but with God's help I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.

I'm still eating my prunes(4 today)with about 1 1/2 to 2tsp of flax seeds(whole)soaked in water every morning, but my BM are getting smaller every morning since Tuesday. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY????????? My mother thinks I should go back to see my GYN doctor because I had endometriosis and adhesions before(last year.) They removed those, but she says it's better to be safe.

I read that an IBS-C should take Magnesium supplement daily. Do you take that? or Do you know if that really helps for C? Also, Do you know about any good Chinese herbs for C that causes no cramps? The acup lady was talking to me about some, but she didn't seem to sure about a good one for IBS-C.

Enough about me...How are you feeling? Hope you are feeling much better. Are you going to be able to start acup soon. Hope you can start again soon. Keep me posted...

Always happy to hear from you:-) Thank you for your wonderful messages !
A big hug and blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Abigail try flax soaked at night as well new
      #270820 - 06/24/06 09:27 AM
lorien

Hi Abie,

Just to say that you might find it useful to take the flax seeds before going to bed ~ as well as in the morning ~ this gives the colon something to work with overnight! You may already do this but I've forgotten!

I think it's great that you told your family what's going on for you ~ they need to know so they can offer you all the support they can. Also I'm sure you offer your little girl much more than you realise!

Magnesium is a real goodie to take, and calcium citrate's probably the best form of calcium as it's water soluble, and so the body doesn't accumulate what it can't use.

Hope the acupuncture starts to help you really soon! It will also help with gyn problems.

I do agree with your mum that if you have had previous gyn problems then you should definately also go back to see your gyn doctor. It's easy to confuse abdomen problems as the bowel and uterus are so close to each other (or so a doctor once told me!)

I don't know anything about Chinese herbs, but there are others on this board do know about them.

Whatever ~ pain relief will come, and you will be better than you are ~ keep on believing and doing all you can to help yourself. It's a struggle at the moment, but it can get better!

Love and blessings for you,

Joanna

Re: Abigail try flax soaked at night as well new
      #270825 - 06/24/06 01:00 PM
Abigail

Hello Joanna,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I also think it was good that I told my family the way I was feeling. I haven't been my self lately and they thought I just didn't want to spend time with them. Now they know more about IBS and the way it makes me feel. My little girl is so sweet, she prays for me every night, reads me books and gives me so much TLC.

I had a better BM this morning and I'm glad, but I still need to find a way to be stable. I don't want to be ok one day and then miserable for the next few days. How long did it take you be stable? I bought some Magnesium supplement but it doesn't have any calcium. Is that still good for me to take?

The acup lady called me yesterday to see how I was feeling. That was very nice of her:-) I'll see her again this coming Wednesday. I ordered 3 Yoga videos yesterday. I'm going to try those to help me relax. I'm also looking in to getting the hypno for IBS.

I called the GYN doc yesterday, but they were closed so I have to wait until Monday. I hope they call me soon from the GI office to know about the blood test.

I hope you are feeling well and having a great day.
A big hug and blessings always,
Abi

--------------------

#270843 - 06/24/06 05:25 PM
polly2004

zelnorm is the only thing that got me back on track. and heather's diet. right now i'm trying to get off the zelnorm. i know it's not a permanent thing....it's supposed to get you back on track. a lot of IF actually makes things worse for me. i make sure i have a lot of rice/pasta w/the IF. that seems to help me. also, i take fennel pills before i eat. i hope this helps.

#270844 - 06/24/06 05:26 PM
polly2004

go to www.zelnorm.com for more info...

Re: Bette, thank you for email and reply.... new
      #270903 - 06/25/06 01:37 PM
Abigail

Hello Bette,

I got your email, thank you sooo much !!! I also sent you an email explaining everything about my IBS-C and a few questions for you. I look forward to hear from you soon. Once again, thank you so much for the help. Appreciated it a lot !

Smiles your way :-)
Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Edited by Abigail (06/25/06 01:40 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 960 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21701

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review