Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
      #269690 - 06/15/06 03:36 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello there,

To make long story short, I was told I was IBS-C with chronic "C" last January after many trips to the Dr.'s and hospital. I tried a high SF diet and got worst so I changed to a high IF diet and that helped me a little to stay regular. I drink lots of water, I exercise everyday, I drink herbal teas, I take supplements and I avoid stress, but nothing I do takes my abdominal pain away. I'm in pain almost every hour of every day...I had to quit my job and have to stay home. I'm a mother of 7 year old daughter and I can't be there for her or for my family because of the pain. I NEED HELP, I don't know what else to do...If any of you can help me, please do so, I'm desperate.

Thank you,
Abi
aft98@bellsouth.net

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!! new
      #269694 - 06/15/06 03:45 PM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

Have you asked your doc about zelnorm? I'm IBS "c"...that was the only thing that helped and being super strict on the sf diet...I used to get really bad stomach pains too. I would ask your doc about Zelnorm...I've been on it for about 3 months. Starting today, I'm going to try to wein off of it...Let me know what your doc says...Give it a try anyway.

#269698 - 06/15/06 04:10 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

I agree. I am IBS-C and went on Zelnorm. It helped me with the horrible pain and the gas but the constipation was still there. But it was so nice not having the pain!

what are you doing about "c" now? new
      #269700 - 06/15/06 04:12 PM
polly2004

Loc: Minnesota

are you still on zelnorm? and what did you do about the "c"? i'm kinda scared going off the meds..any advice on what helped you? laxitives..forget about them..nothing the doc gave me worked.

#269716 - 06/15/06 05:31 PM
Abigail

Thank you so much for your response. I heard about zelnorm but I was afraid of trying it because I wasn't sure how safe it was. I eat lots of high IF food and it helps with the C but the pain is always there. Do you know if flax seeds and prumes are good for IBS-C? I eat that every morning and it seems to help me with the C but not with the pain. Did you get any side effect taking Zelnorm?

--------------------

#269717 - 06/15/06 05:39 PM
Abigail

Thank you for your response, I'm glad you feel better. I hope I can say the same thing one day soon. I will talked to my Dr. about zelnorm. How long have you been on it? Any side effects? Do you eat a high IF diet? It might help you with C. What do you usually do to help you with C anyway?

--------------------

Re: what are you doing about "c" now? new
      #269736 - 06/15/06 06:24 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

My GI doctor prescribed Miralax a few weeks ago. I tend to go overboard on things and decided to take the double dose of Miralax. While I am miserable with IBS-C, I SO prefer to have this than IBS-D. It was a horrible experience.
Needless to say, I stopped the Miralax and it took 5 days to get stable again. I am going to try the Miralax at the correct dose and am hoping this will help with C.
I am no longer on Zelnorm. I currently take a Chinese herb that has done wonders for me.
The C is so strange because it is hard to guage whether I eat enough to produce a BM everyday. I eat primarily SF foods because the IF foods are really bothersome and boy, can I clear a room
Hope this helps.

#269748 - 06/15/06 08:48 PM
Abigail

I never heard of Miralax. Is that better than zelnorm? Are this meds safe? Can you tell me about that Chinese herb you are using. What's the name? Is that herb good for C and the pain? I personally have to eat lots of IF because if not my C gets the worst."I don't mind clearing a room once in a while":-) I tried a high SF diet once and ended up in the hospital, worst experience for me. Thank you for your help.

--------------------

#269757 - 06/15/06 09:05 PM
chupie

I was wondering that too. My vet mentioned it for my cat (but for now I am trying benefiber, and may switch to the accacia). What is miralax?

#269768 - 06/15/06 11:33 PM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi Abigail,

Hope you're having a better day today!

If you can afford it have you thought about using acupuncture? If you have problems taking medications it's a great med free way to help pain and IBS.

Good luck, Joanna

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review