All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lemonade Fast
      #268826 - 06/11/06 02:11 PM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

Has anyone tried this? I am thinking flushing out my system may help with my IBS. Thoughts?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lemonade Fast new
      #268847 - 06/11/06 04:03 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I drink lemondade and dont have a problem with it. Sometimes I water it down depending on how strong it is.

#268867 - 06/12/06 10:25 AM
robcl

Reged: 02/07/06
Loc: Arkansas

I think its a personal thing, I fast during the incredibly hot days when i work outside, and sometimes I fast just because it seems to soothe my gut. I have 3 friends with IBS ( i guess birds of a feather really do flock together) and they dont see how I do it because they would be sick. I definatley wouldnt make it a long term thing, as I only fast for a day at a time. I also have a hard time with the lemonade, I personally would stick with natural and less acidic fruit juices. I think the bottom line is to not gamble, the one thing i have learned from experience is to be flexible, sometimes you dont want to eat and other times you may eat six small meals a day. If you are the type of person that has to eat every 2 hours dont take the risk of an sort of fast, even one as small as going from 2 hours to 3 hours between meals.

#268880 - 06/12/06 11:06 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I did the Master Cleanser for one day and had a flat tummy to brag about by the end of the day. But, I couldn't stand not eating for that long, and it's not good for IBS anyway.

That said, I do drink the Master Cleanser Lemonade from time to time for breakfast. It tastes really yummy!

--------------------
~jules

#269040 - 06/12/06 08:28 PM
andreww

I think it may soothe my gut as well. At the end of day one, I feel pretty good. A little hungry, perhaps, but not bad overall. We'll see how it goes. I'll try to report back.

#269068 - 06/12/06 11:04 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

I love lemonade and usually can handle some acidity from foods, but I don't think I could do a lemonade fast very well. I have to eat at elast six small meals a day or else my system goes wacko on me (it's usually wacko anyway! lol) Interesting though... I'm more for all-matural than medicines if I can help it, but so far haven't been at all lucky with fasting. What other types of fasting are there??

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#269085 - 06/13/06 03:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

My tummy goes into convulsions when it's empty so I wouldn't try it myself. If you do let us know how it goes for you

--------------------
S.

#269228 - 06/13/06 05:38 PM
andreww

for the record, it's not actual lemonade, but more like a sweet, sour, spicy water. not very appetizing, but it does the trick.

day two. still going strong. IBS symptoms almost all but gone. lost 4 lbs.

#269243 - 06/13/06 06:44 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I actually love love the taste of this stuff. Some days, I drink at least two throughout the day just as a regular drink.

--------------------
~jules

#269244 - 06/13/06 06:47 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Where do you find the recipe for this? Or is it a product?

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#269474 - 06/14/06 05:30 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

The lemonade mixture is water, fresh lemon juice, Grade B Maple Syrup and cayenne pepper (I think it's cayenne).
This drink is from a fast called Master Cleanse. If you do a search, you will find it.
I did it once for 5 days b/f my IBS -C diagnosis and it was fabulous. I should think about doing it again. Fasting is a great way to rid the body of toxins.
The drink is wonderful because it is really good, keeps your blood sugar up and actually is filling. By day 2, you don't really want food and when I started eating again, my body craved good, healthy food and not junk.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2484

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review