All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to the board
      #2686 - 03/13/03 08:06 AM
jones

Reged: 03/12/03

Hello,

I'm new to the board, and I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts over the last few days. although I find it sad that there are people out there that feel the same way I do, I also find it comforting at the same time.

I live in Ontario, Canada. I was initially diagnosed with Crohn's disease 2.5 years ago, I had all the symptoms and about 4-6 cm of some sort of infection in my intestine. Soon after being diagnosed I was hospitalised for a week and my GI said that there second pathologist who is much better then the first one said it was not disease related. So my GI said I just had a bad case of IBS and gastric ulcers. After being off of work for 6 months I started to get better, but still lived with pain everyday (some days worse than others) but I never bother seeing my GI as It didn't seem like he could help me. Now I'm really sick again and my D has switch to C, my family doctor has me on zelnorm (about a week now) and last week he tried to clean me out (sorry for the lingo) with fleet soda and suppository's and on Monday he put me on a laxative that I'm supposed to take for about a month (currently not working). I have started Heathers diet plan from the info I have found on this website and through posts, my fiancé has ordered me the books I'm just waiting for them to be sent to me. Currently I'm in allot of pain and have to be at work because I already took last week off. My boss doesn't take kindly to sick days. Sorry for the long post, I'm just at the end of my rope and in sense feel like vent by telling my story

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to the board new
      #2690 - 03/13/03 08:15 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Welcome to the board Jones!

You will find Heather's diet to help you extremely. And that this board will give you some new best friends.

I can't make it through a day without checking posts and see how everyone else is feeling too.

It's nice to meet you and hope to be able to help you.

PS - I have only been on here for a month or so myself. If you get a chance - check out Sharon Mello's recipes too - they are always easy to make and good to eat!

Everyone else has put some excellent recipes too but so far I have become a Sharon copy cat LOL

Again Welcome!
Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#2724 - 03/13/03 11:47 AM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

I am new as well- welcome!!!! I joined Sunday and have had great times checking out all the present and past posts. Take Care.

#2726 - 03/13/03 11:51 AM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

Where in Ontario are you from jones????

#2741 - 03/13/03 12:31 PM
jones

Reged: 03/12/03

I live in Hamilton, Ontario and work in Toronto,Ontario.

#2744 - 03/13/03 01:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hi! I live Southeast of London! It's wonderful to see the Canadian contingency growing here - welcome! Try peppermint tea - it's my lifesaver. Make sure you check out all of the parts of this website - especially the parts about breaking the cycle of attacks, and what to eat when you're feeling really awful. Glad you ordered the books. If you have any questions in the meantime, make sure you post them. No question is too small or embarrassing. We're all in this together. Take care!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1287

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review