Do fresh green beans cause gas due to raffinose like other dried beans do?-nt
      #26824 - 11/12/03 04:18 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do fresh green beans cause gas due to raffinose like other dried beans do?-nt new
      #26848 - 11/12/03 08:35 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Personally I can eat green beans just fine, yet I can't eat most other beans, totally kill me!! I don't know why, but I'm fine with lima beans, green beans, and limited amounts of hummus. Can't have any other types though.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Do fresh green beans cause gas due to raffinose like other dried beans do?-nt new
      #26853 - 11/12/03 09:27 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

I'd cook them to quite soft cause I had a problem w/fresh ones recently when not that well cooked. Have ALWAYS......... been able to eat them fr. a can or frozen w/no problem AT ALL........... Think the same rule applies as when I asked Heather abt. pea pods and she said to cook them well - till soft . I did and no problem!!!!

Incidentally, Gr. or yellow beans are the ONLY BEANS I DARE eat and have never considered them in the same category as all those others!!!!!!!! Wouldn't dream of touching baked bean anymore ........send me rite to u know where as do chick peas, etc.

Give 'em a try.

Best,

Marnie

PS let me know how u make out!

Txs for the replies! Have either of you 2 tried using Beano w/ the beans that cause problems for you new
      #26952 - 11/13/03 12:21 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

That's cool to know that you can eat lima beans Fishnet, I love them! Are you C- or D-IBS?

How about you Marnie, C- or D-IBS?

Can either of you handle soy products? I have no trouble w/ them at all and have been eating them alot for the past 6 years as I'm primarily a vegan, except occas if I'm really craving protein I'll have a piece of salmon. It doesn't make any sense to me that I can eat so many soy foods and yet as soon as I eat any type of bean, and especially peas, I get terrible gas, distention and discomfort!!

I haven't yet dared to try any type of beans in combo w/ using Beano, but I keep trying to work up the nerve to do so. It seems like Beano really makes a big diff for many others on this board in terms of their ability to eat beans comfortably. Wondering if either of you has tested whether Beano will allow you to successfully eat the types of beans that you usu can't tolerate?

Txs again for the help I'd really like to get some beans back into my diet. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: Txs for the replies! Have either of you 2 tried using Beano w/ the beans that cause problems for you new
      #27002 - 11/13/03 10:27 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

That's cool to know that you can eat lima beans Fishnet, I love them! Are you C- or D-IBS?

How about you Marnie, C- or D-IBS?

Can either of you handle soy products? I have no trouble w/ them at all and have been eating them alot for the past 6 years as I'm primarily a vegan, except occas if I'm really craving protein I'll have a piece of salmon. It doesn't make any sense to me that I can eat so many soy foods and yet as soon as I eat any type of bean, and especially peas, I get terrible gas, distention and discomfort!!

I haven't yet dared to try any type of beans in combo w/ using Beano, but I keep trying to work up the nerve to do so. It seems like Beano really makes a big diff for many others on this board in terms of their ability to eat beans comfortably. Wondering if either of you has tested whether Beano will allow you to successfully eat the types of beans that you usu can't tolerate?

Txs again for the help I'd really like to get some beans back into my diet. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

Hello I'm IBS-C. Yeah, they're fine with me, but other more "real" beans, no way! They give me bad pains/gas/bloating, regardless if I take Beano or not. It kind of sucks, cause I'm vegetarian, and beans are very good in that aspect. Like you I don't eat dairy, but I do eat things with eggs in them, but try not to (it's hard not to though). Have you tried lentils?

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Txs for the replies! Have either of you 2 tried using Beano w/ the beans that cause problems for you new
      #27028 - 11/14/03 09:19 AM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

I don't eat soy.......for this VERY reason. Heather says to
use Beano for the gas problems but haven't tried it yet
as am afraid to!
It's the gas!!!! that sends me to u no where and the more I go I get IBS D.

Are u C or D. and let me know how u make out!

Marnie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3018

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review