Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I'm always tired with no energy
      #2681 - 03/13/03 07:29 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Everyone!

I have been so tired lately...with no energy and I could sleep for hours and hours. I have been having trouble getting out of bed in the morning and when I get home at night I could sleep for hours, but I don't go to bed until 10 because I don't want to get in the habit of naps before bed.

I have been eating my snacks and meals as usual.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

I have been on Heather's diet for 2 1/2 months so I am wondering if this is just normal for the stage in the game.

I am so exhausted that just the thought of exercise or making supper or cleaning my house just makes me even more tired. I have tried sleeping in on weekends thinking I just have to catch up on some sleep, but that doesn't even work.

Anybody have any suggestions,

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm always tired with no energy new
      #2682 - 03/13/03 07:49 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Wish I had some suggestions but I feel the same way. I went from having trouble sleeping at night and tired to sleeping really good and still tired. And on top of that I have had a headache for four days now. Almost thought I was pregnant. Test came back negative, guess I will have to wait and see. I am only five days late.

#2685 - 03/13/03 08:06 AM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I totally know how you feel, I get like that sometimes for up to a week! It is very hard to get motivated to do anything, but I used to have a routine of going to the gym at least 5 times a week and during that time I always had energy, since I stopped I feel drained most of the time. That is only my solution, just to get as much motivation as you can to excercise, that is what helps me but it also may be different for you. Someone else may have other solutions that could work better for you.

Leanne

#2687 - 03/13/03 08:08 AM
Lana_Marie

You are probably right - I really should make myself do something, but it is so difficult.

I wonder if it might be the weather here too - we have been reaching temperatures of -50 degrees celcius. Two weeks ago we were the coldest place in the world (Brrr)

Does anyone know if weather causes a person to be tired?

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2688 - 03/13/03 08:09 AM
Lana_Marie

I thought maybe I was pregnant too because of how tired I was feeling, but nope!

Hopefully eveyones answers to this post can help you too then torbetta!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2689 - 03/13/03 08:12 AM
jones

Reged: 03/12/03

I understand exactly how you feel, I'm always tired dragging my more tired soar body around. I do have to agree that exercise helps, it's just getting yourself to do the exercise!

#2691 - 03/13/03 08:15 AM
Lana_Marie

Is your body soar right now? Kinda achy?

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2693 - 03/13/03 08:18 AM
mickeymouse

Where in Canada do you live? It reaches very cold temperatures here as well. I beleive there has been studies that correlate weather with depression. The cold, ugly weather definelty makes me depressed, thus makes you tired and you don't want to go outside the house!! Is there a gym/weight room where you live? Getting out of the house and excercising really lifts up my mood, especially if you have a friend/boyfriend to do it with! It's just getting through the first move to actually do something that is hard, I totally understand that, I am actually trying to get myself motivated to excercise as well, but it helps that my boyfriend does everyday. Once you actually go and do it you should feel more energy, unless of course you overdo it

#2694 - 03/13/03 08:23 AM
Lana_Marie

I live in Regina, Saskatchewan.

I totally would love it if my husband would go to the gym with me, but he won't be he works physically hard all day (he's a steel building framer) so the last thing he wants to do is work on his six pack LOL. As for all my girlfriends - I am the only one that has a 9-5 job. The rest are in high school or working shift work or live out of town and want to get home before 9pm.

I mean, I know I really can't blame my GYM-Free attitude on anyone but myself, but sometimes I wish there was someone around to go with me, it really does keep you motivated.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2696 - 03/13/03 08:30 AM
mamaraggi

Loc: Davie, Florida

I'm tired,too. I don't sleep too well as I have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Also, as the wife of a truck driver, our hours can be a little extreme! I guess being tired is very common with IBS...(?)

#2697 - 03/13/03 08:30 AM
torbetta

My husband works late all the time and I have young girls. I think the only exercise i get is picking up the toys I trip over LOL. Just attempting to clean the house is my exercise I guess. I clean up something and the three year old comes behind me and messes it up again.

The cold weather makes me want to curl up in a blanket all the time. My five year old is always giving me a blanket if I sit down. I try not to becuase then I will never get off the couch. I have lost 35 pounds since September and so now I don't have the extra fat to keep me warm. Not that I am complaining. Just cold.

#2699 - 03/13/03 08:34 AM
mickeymouse

I agree, having a partner really helps, I feel ackward going by myself most of the time! I find a walkman/discman with great pumping music helps...even for an hour at the gym, get at your buddies! Also, buying a few workout (shape, muscle and fitness) magasines help...How about a Yoga video? I haven't tried yoga yet but plan to, hear it's really great for both the body and mind! when the weather warms up, taking scenic walks with my dog help me get out of the house.

Hope you get energy and feel better soon

#2700 - 03/13/03 09:07 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I would schedule a visit with your doc. You may need some bloodwork done to rule out any difficiency (sp?) or problem. I remember just before I was struck with a kidney stone attack last June that I was extremely tired. I'm not saying you have kidney stones....just explaining that there may be some other reason than diet for your tiredness and lack of energy. Best to see your doc in my opinion.

#2701 - 03/13/03 09:15 AM
Lana_Marie

I have gone to my doctor previously about tiredness because I remember a few years ago I was really tired out...and all he did was stick me with needles and tell me that there was nothing he can see.

So I am scared of wasting my time....I am guessing it is due to the weather and not excersising. I am gonna try the excercising thing and try to rid myself of the cold winter blues LOL. Maybe that will help. If not off to the doc I go to get more needles (My gosh I hate needles)

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2702 - 03/13/03 09:44 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! My only thought was if you were on any meds that may make you tired? Otherwise, I would check with the doc just to be sure.

I know what you mean about the exercise. I just FINALLY got back into routine. I get up every morning & exercise before work. I've been going for 4 or 5 weeks straight now, and I feel really good! But it took me a while to get motivated--I hadn't worked out since last July. I tried a few times to get back into routine, but I'd exercise maybe 1 or 2 days, then not again for a few weeks. The first week is the hardest, then it's a breeze--at least for me anyway!

Oh, and I do notice that I sleep better when I exercise.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Mags

#2704 - 03/13/03 10:14 AM
Lana_Marie

I have a Yoga video and I have done it once - but it seems so low impact I have trouble believing it does anything for a person so I have trouble digging it out and doing it!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2705 - 03/13/03 10:16 AM
Lana_Marie

Thanks Mags -

I have never really been an AM excersise person, maybe I should push myself to do it after work. It's tough though because I work until 6 every night. I do a little bit of a sales thing after work. So by the time I get home I am hungry and am only thinking about food LOL.

How long should a person work out for...an hour? half hour?

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2717 - 03/13/03 11:15 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I try to force myself to take a walk...whether long or short...after work if the weather is nice. If the weather is bad...I walk up and down our stairs to our basment about a dozen times. Exercise always energizes me...it's the getting energized to do the exercise that's the hard part. Ha! But, every little bit helps I guess. I know I always feel better the more exercise I get. Even if I'm just doing dishes or laundry....anything to keep moving. Like my 75 year old mother-in-law says when she keeps moving..."use it or loose it!"

You might also have low blood sugar...if you can, try to eat some fruit or juice or something like that. That helps me, too.

Do keep an eye on it though and see your doc if the exercise doesn't do it.

#2720 - 03/13/03 11:29 AM
biscrandi

Reged: 03/13/03
Loc: Fishers, Indiana

I was just the same way about 2 weeks ago. Everytime I sat down I would fall asleep. I had no fever or any other symptom of being sick. I was so bad a few days that my 6yr old daughter had to take care of my 2 younger sons because I literally could and did not have the energy to get up.

I went to the doctor and he told me that in a few days I would start to get cold symptoms. But that this is a virous that is out and it is really kicking people in the pants. One patient could not get out of bed for 5 days because he was soooooo weak He told me I was pretty luck if I had only had this for 2 weeks. Most people were having this for up to four weeks.

bisrandi

It was really weird. I have never been that bad off from a virous. So, watch out. Make sure you are taking a multi vitamin, and vitamin C, and drink plenty of fluid. That is what got me through.

#2721 - 03/13/03 11:36 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

A know EXACTLY how you feel. Personally, I am a very active person so I work out a lot, but ever since I found out I have IBS (12 months ago) I can't get my butt out of bed and I HATE it!!! I have to get up for work at 5:30 am so on the weekends I used to sleep in until 6:00 but in the last twelve months I can't get out of bed on the weekend and it is driving me crazy!! Whenever I have an attack of IBS I can sleep for days and days at a time until my system regulates itself. I think a side effect of any type of gastrointestinal difficulty is tiredness.

Several years ago, I kept falling asleep early and waking up late so I went to a dietician and we found out that I wasn't eating enough calories. Are you getting enough food?? You need carbohydrates for energy. Thank goodness Heather's diet is full of complex-carbs so that should help, but make sure you're getting enough.

I also highly recommend any type of exercise. It has been very cold here too, which doesn't help the motivation, but we're having a chinook today!!!

Hope this helps.

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

#2747 - 03/13/03 01:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

Hard to walk in Canada in the middle of March. We just got dumped on with more snow! I can't walk because I can't get the stroller through the slush and ice on the sidewalk. I cannot wait to be able to walk every day. Whoever said something about going to your doc about bloodwork had a good suggestion. Fatigue is common with IBS, but if it is really affecting your life, it's good to get a few things ruled out. Ie. a deficiency that can be fixed easily. Can't hurt. I think we should start a Canadians Sick of Winter club.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#2758 - 03/13/03 03:20 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I can't believe I'M an AM exercise person!! I'm not even an AM person!! lol Sometimes I have to literally roll myself out of the bed onto the floor. But I have to do it in the morning, because I never can do it in the evening. I know I won't...I've tried it before.

Anyway, it all depends on how many times I've hit the snooze button how long I go. I do the Leslie Sansone tapes. I have 3 that are 20 min. (yeah, I'm usually doing them! ), 2 that are 30 min., & one that is 45 min. I figure any time is better than no time. And, I can actually feel the difference in my body, so I must be doing something right!

I also have a couple yoga tapes I want to get into. The first one I got I didn't really understand, so I asked for Yoga for Dummies for Christmas. I got it, but we also got a puppy around the same time. I tried to do the tape, but she thought I was just trying to play with her! lol I also have Pilates for Dummies. I'm planning on digging out the Yoga for Dummies this weekend and trying it again.

Mags

#2789 - 03/14/03 04:28 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I;m always in trouble for falling asleep on the couch every night! Get some blood tests done to cover yourself. I read somewhere that they are investigating links between ibs and your thyroid??? WHo knows eh? I had my thyroid tested and although my dad's and gran's is dodgy - mine is fine.

#2813 - 03/14/03 12:49 PM
Snow for Sarala

Loc: West Coast, USA

I thought I was the only person that felt this way! I used to be a runner in high school (I'm 24 now) and then college took care of that! Now I'm working--and it's cold all the time--and it getting out of bed in the morning is tough. I've had a thyroid test--nothing there--and blood tests--again nothing. I think i might just be the weather! This winter has GOT to end soon--for all our sakes! Kepp us posted Lana Marie--let us know if things get better for you when winter ends! And, do try yoga--even if it's low impact--it's a start (and it's SO relaxing)! Good luck!

Ruchie-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2814 - 03/14/03 12:52 PM
Lana_Marie

I am with you on the sick of winter thing LOL.

Although I enjoy winter (my father sells snowmobiles so I have alot of fun) the darn cold can leave us anytime. Atleast then we can walk and do stuff. Atleast you can put the little ones in a toboggan and so for a walk that way. But this cold weather doesn't make it so a person can even do that.

Sign me up as the first member for the Sick of Cold Weather club LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2815 - 03/14/03 12:55 PM
Lana_Marie

You sound exactly the same as me! When I was in high school I ran 5 miles a day and was a long distance track runner religiously.

But once you get out of school and have to work all day and everything else - it is difficult to pull my butt out of bed. I miss running because I was in such good shape, but it's tough to find that motivation again.

My toughest thing is that I used to run on gravel roads in a small town - now I live in the city and am scared of running by myself no matter what time of the day or night!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2817 - 03/14/03 01:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Loc: West Coast, USA

I hear ya there too! I had a knee injury and so I can't run anymore--but I also live in the city and I'm not too keen on taking brisk walks by myself! I try to do yoga every morning (low impact) and when I can I dance around my house--but I still don't feel like I'm in great shape (especially compared to high schoool!) If I find something that really works work for me--I'll let you know. Please do the same for me! Thanks, take care!

Ruchie-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2818 - 03/14/03 01:06 PM
Lana_Marie

I will definately keep you posted.

Aren't us small town people spoiled....I never once thought about the possibility of someone hurting me - now I can't imagine running on a street with a walkman and trusting people behind me.

It's sad really what this society is coming to.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2823 - 03/14/03 01:30 PM
Andie

Loc: Western NY

Wow - the timing of this post and whole LONG thread is amazing! I have been finding myself needing more sleep at night - not so much exhausted all day - but needing 9-10 hours of sleep at night. If I ever get this much its only on Friday nights. But I am SOOO tired when I have to get up on weekdays even if I manage to get 7 1/2 hours (which used to be a GOOD amount of sleep for me) - I was just thinking this morning I need to ask people on this board if they find the same thing. When I came on, here was this long thread about feeling tired! Sorry for all of us, but there's some comfort in being in good company. I do find exercise gives me more energy, but isn't helping with the ridiculous amount of sleep I need to feel rested.

#2859 - 03/15/03 06:36 AM
torbetta

Where in Western NY? Suprised to see that.

#2998 - 03/16/03 06:08 PM
Andie

I live in Clarence - not far from Newfane I believe - you are up near L. Ontario?? Haven't you loved the weather this weekend?

#3011 - 03/17/03 05:14 AM
torbetta

Oh yeah, love the weather!! Yes I live just a few miles from the lake. My aunt and uncle live in Clarence. We go up to Wegmans about three times a month. They are better than Tops with the nature's marketplace in their store. I will probable go their more since my youngest is three and both the girls can both go in the play area! They never have those cute car carts when we go. They need more of them. Have you seen them?

#3031 - 03/17/03 01:06 PM
Andie

If you like the Wegmans on Transit, you should venture into the new (rebuilt) one on Sheridan - its got a bigger Nature's Market - I could spend an afternoon just browsing! As for the car carts, I have seen them - they are so cute and seem to keep kids happy. My kids are too old for them so I don't really pay attention to the supply of them. Happy Spring (for as long as it lasts)!

#3034 - 03/17/03 01:44 PM
torbetta

Where abouts on Sheridan? I don't usually go down Sheridan unless we go to Benders. I am sure it is the other way. Is it near the thruway?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 811 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8008

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review