All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How long after a meal do you drink water?
      #267373 - 06/03/06 05:43 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I've been trying to not drink a lot of liquid with my meals, and was wondering what a good amount of time would be to wait before I started drinking larger amounts (8oz at a time).

Thanks!
julie

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How long after a meal do you drink water? new
      #267400 - 06/03/06 10:07 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I actually drink fluids with my meals. I know it can cause digestion problems for some people but I tried drinking it after or before meals and that just didn't work for me. So I drink just what I need with meals and then usually I don't drink anything for about half an hour or so after I eat.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#267415 - 06/03/06 11:34 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Well, I do some things differently. I don't drink water at all with my meals, because even small quantities cause bloating for me. Honestly though, I probably don't drink enough water during the day as recommended for this diet. I drink a full bottle everday while exercising, sip on some throughout the day, and I always drink a glass before bedtime (I recommend doing this for anyone, the SF absorbs water during the night, and it can make your stomach flat after you urinate in the morning.)
I probably don't eat enough anyway, so I find that I don't need anything to drink with my dinner until bedtime. But for your situation, I would suggest sipping on some water for the rest of the day after a meal.

#267914 - 06/06/06 12:36 PM
milkshake

Reged: 05/03/06

I do not drink water for 1 hour after a eal. This avoids making stomach contents into soup, which reduces the effects of digestive enzymes.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8423 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 517

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review