All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Effexor new
      #287186 - 10/20/06 01:10 AM
Eri

Reged: 10/13/06

I have both good and bad experience of effexor.
I was really helped by effexor in the beginning. I was on it for three years . In the start it was a really good thing and it cured my depression ( I was suicidal) but after I while it was a lot of unacceptable side effects that at last made me quit. It was nightmares, bad sleep, I was losing weight and had no good results when I went out running (the med made me in some strange way more slow ?!!) and worst of all was that I started to bleed between periods. All this things stopped when I quitted taking effexor so I am almost sure it had to do with it.

Eri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Are you taking any AD in its place?-nt new
      #287196 - 10/20/06 07:09 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Lexapro new
      #287211 - 10/20/06 09:28 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I was on Lexapro for about a year. I'm IBS-D but I also have microscopic colitis. Originally the doctor gave me Paxil but I took just one pill, then was in the bathroom for hours (even at night) with d and pain. Forget that...swictched me to Lexapro (only 5 mg) for axiety/depression and hoping that it would help the IBS in the meantime. No side effects...I suppose the d got a little better, but nothing to brag about. I just think I was less anxious so it resulted in less d. Keep in mind that a few weeks later (probably when the lexapro started kicking in), I started taking Librax which I think has given me the best benefit to prevent d so far. Well, not prevent...just decrease frequency of flare-ups. Heather's diet and Acacia, along with the Librax seem to be successful so far (about a month). Incidentally, I went off the Lexapro this summer and I saw just a little bit of increase in the d but it could be in my head??? Sorry so vague...hope that helps.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: For everyone who is using an SSRI anti-depressant med currently or has used one of them in the past new
      #344316 - 04/09/09 01:07 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Ten years ago I had severe anxiety and IBS-D. I had been prescribed LUVOX (fluvoxamine) and after about a month of taking it (25mg per day, a VERY low dose) both my anxiety and IBS had disappeared. My IBS is directly related to stress and so is my anxiety so maybe that is why it helped me so much. I have been off of LUVOX for a little over 7 yrs now, and just recently both my anxiety and IBS has returned.....now I have noticed by applying dietary changes, even without meds my anxiety and IBS is diminishing.

Re: For everyone who is using an SSRI anti-depressant med currently or has used one of them in the past new
      #349280 - 08/21/09 07:36 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

Zoloft's generic is sertraline. I've been taking it for about 2 months and it has seemed to help to some degree.

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 460 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51492

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review