All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: For everyone who is using an SSRI anti-depressant med currently or has used one of them in the past new
      #66887 - 05/02/04 07:16 PM
barberm10

Reged: 04/12/04
Loc: Florida

I have IBS-D
My IBS (unknown to my at the time what I had) had gotten so out of control that it was running my life. I became depressed and asked my Dr. for something...
He put me on Zoloft. I have been on the Zoloft for 2 months now. I didn't want to take it at first but...it in addition to my daily fiber and diet change, I am in a better place then where I was 6-7 months ago when this all started.

Funny, just recently I forgot to call my Dr. to get more of the Zoloft and didn't have any for 3 days. 2 of those 3 days, my stomach hurt and 1 of the days I had D...

I personally think it helps me alot!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For everyone who is using an SSRI anti-depressant med currently or has used one of them in the past new
      #66890 - 05/02/04 07:24 PM
barberm10

I feel the same as you do Barb...
I really feel like being on Zoloft has made a big impact on my D...I use to go sometimes 6 times a day. This is the best I have felt in 7 months since my IBS introduced itself in my life.

#66891 - 05/02/04 07:29 PM
barberm10

They are not "pain killers"...
Narcodics are not good for the system...You are right!
Zanex (sp) is a Narcodic...I know this because my Family Dr. gave it to me because I would get so anxious with my IBS attacks and my Gastro Dr. told me not to take it anymore!

Celexa - Maryh - question new
      #284738 - 10/01/06 09:14 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, CAn you tell me what your side effects have been on celexa? Any weight gain, loss of sex drive? Thanks, Debbie IBS-C
I have been prescribed it for anxiety/little depression.

Re: SSRI anti-depressant meds - Liz = Celexa question new
      #284740 - 10/01/06 09:21 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, Can you tell me if you are still on Celexa and how you found it = I have been prescribed it and am concerned about weight gain or loss of sex drive. Thanks. IBS=C

Effexor new
      #284818 - 10/01/06 08:01 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I'm primarily a D.
I've been on Effexor for about a month. I am definely less anxious and certainly a lot happier. I haven't noticed like a severe change in my IBS symptoms but I've been pretty stable for most part. I've been following Heather's diet for 9 months now.. As far as side effects go sometimes I have headaches that I think are from the Effexor but other than that nothing else about them bothers me.

Re: isn't the patch just synthetic hormones too? nt new
      #284821 - 10/01/06 08:11 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

Re: SSRI anti-depressant meds - Liz = Celexa question new
      #284835 - 10/02/06 05:20 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

Hi. I have been on celexa and zoloft not the other. I need to gain weight but that didn't make me. My friend was on celexa and it did she thinks. I think it ranges but also you need to weigh the benfits vs the cons. Also be upfront with your concerns with your doc. There are many similar drugs that can be inerchangable. My psych encourages me to always express my concerns.

#284836 - 10/02/06 05:22 AM
lissylou73

Reged: 06/20/06
Loc: West Virginia (IBS G&P)

1) IBS-D

2) currently: Prozac
past: Paxil (weight gain), Zoloft (more D), Wellbutrin (more panic attacks), Celexa (fell asleep), Lexapro (fell asleep), Effexor (increase in blood pressure)

3) no change in my IBS-D with any of the above medications (except for more D on Zoloft)...only Lotronex helped

4) see #2

--------------------
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
Albert Schweitzer

Re: Effexor new
      #287185 - 10/19/06 11:49 PM
Traveler

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: CA

HI, I've been on Effexor for a couple of years for fibromyalgia. I have ibs-c. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. I think it's helped my mood more than any specific symptom of either of the above. I'm not aware of any side effects due to the Effexor. But, I'm on so many meds, it would be hard to tell.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review