All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please help - uncontrollable gas
      #266357 - 05/30/06 10:10 AM
luv2eat

Reged: 04/21/06

Heather - we first want to thank you for your wonderful products - it has made a tremendous difference in my wife's ibs symptoms. There is one problem however that we can't seem to resolve. My wife had her gall bladder removed several years ago and her ibs symptoms got worse. We almost have the constipation/diarhea solved but can't seem to get the gas under control. She describes it as uncontrollabe and most of the time it has a liquid to mucous consistency that she can't hold in making minor accidents more the norm than not. Do you or anybody in your group have any ideas on how she can resolve or make this problem more manageable. Thank you again for the great improvement in her life. John

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please help - uncontrollable gas new
      #266414 - 05/30/06 12:47 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

First what a wonderful husband you are! I applaud you for working to help your wife.

Has she tried beano or gasx?

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#266438 - 05/30/06 02:04 PM
luv2eat

Thank you for your response. - yes she has tried both and she has been drinking the fennel tea which seems to help some but not enough to curb the liquid that accompanies the gas. New to this board and forum so I am having trouble knowing where to go and how to get there. Will Heather see these posts and possibly respond - need to find someone who had a similar problem and how they resolved it. thanks again - John

Navigating the boards.... new
      #266441 - 05/30/06 02:41 PM
nomorepooch

It takes practice...

First, any question you have, use the search function and type in key words. If you get results, start there and then if you have further questions post them and someone will answer. Heather seems to get to as many as possible but as you can imagine she is a busy woman.

There are alot of seasoned IBS'ers that will answer your questions once you have searched. Searching before asking eliminates duplicate posts.

There are several moderators on the boards as well so you are bound to get an answer for your questions.

I forgot about the liquid...I don't have that problem so am not the one to answer that but surely someone will!

--------------------
Formerly poochibelly...

Re: Navigating the boards.... new
      #266483 - 05/30/06 04:43 PM
luv2eat

thanks so much rachel i appreciate your help - will do a search and see what comes up

Re: Navigating the boards.... new
      #266501 - 05/30/06 05:22 PM
nomorepooch

Check out some of the recipes...there are non-gassy recipes like Vietnamese Noodle Soup and my personal favorite "Crunchy Lemon Muffins". I am addicted to those! You will find the recipes on the recipe board of course .

Consider having your wife join the boards...there is a lot of IBS cammeradire and there aren't too many places where one can safely talk about their bowel habits or who farts when and how loud or how many ceiling tiles people count in public bathrooms!

Everyone needs a laugh every now and then!

--------------------
Formerly poochibelly...

#266526 - 05/30/06 07:17 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

I would recommend that she try to stay on a 12 day once a day Acidolphlus to get her GI tract settled down. The gas is normal if you are switching around different SF * IS fibers. She needs to walk alot, and to do stairs at least twice a day for about 10 minutes. Tell her to just let it rip at that time, and she will begin to change the balance in the gut and exercise the lower gut and the gas should start settling down. It's really important that after she eats that she stays active for about 20 minutes. Don't sit down and let things bound up. This is the best things I know to recommend.. Tell her I wish her well, and that she's doing great so far, just keep on the path, there is lot's of us beside her.

#266527 - 05/30/06 07:26 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Has she tried hypno? That's what finally got rid of my gas.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#266535 - 05/30/06 07:44 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Also probiotics can be taken long term if needed.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1565 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1054

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review