All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Marnie- have you thought about doing the hypnotherapy tapes?
      #26608 - 11/11/03 05:24 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Hi Marnie,
Sorry to hear what a tough time you're having. Your post to Mags about crying all day and having the lump in your chest for several hours certainly makes it sound like you're under a great deal of stress and experiencing some significant anxiety symptoms. However, it doesn't sound like you've had a breakdown as far as I can tell, but rather that you released alot of pent-up stress by crying all day.

However, while I AM an experienced healthcare professional I can only tell a LITTLE bit about your emotional state from reading your post. SO, if you think that you're close to having a breakdown you should try to see an MD ASAP BEFORE it happens, b/c there's lots that can be done to help you to prevent one from happening.

I don't get onto this site more than 1-2 x/week, but I can tell that Mags is replying regularly to you and this is wonderful. Heather and Mags are both so wonderfully supportive! I'm very glad that you've found this board so that they and the rest of the community here can help you to "tame" your physical and emotional IBS sxs, which many of us have experienced. Don't give up b/c you CAN get them under control! Just stay patient and keep getting more info, support and confidence from participating on this board!

Also, my main reason for writing is that I wanted to share w/ you that I've been doing the tapes for 26 days now and it is truly AMAZING to me how much better I'm already feeling, after only completing 25% of the 100 day program!! They are well worth the money in my opinion.

Hope this is useful info and good luck getting your anxiety and other IBS sxs under control. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. LL

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Marnie new
      #26610 - 11/11/03 06:04 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Marnie, I hadn't realised what a hard time you are having atm. I think I must've missed a post somewhere. If you're having a hard time with emotional and anxiety issues, have you thought of trying anti-depressants? I know a lot of people don't like the idea of taking them - I used to be like this, but I now wouldn't know how to survive without my "mad-woman" pills (as my fiance calls them!).

After being diagnosed, I decended into depression and was having panic attacks and all kinds of stuff. I was even having suicidal thoughts, although I didn't feel like doing anything like that. I totally felt like I was having a total breakdown. It nearly split me and my fiance up. But he got me to talk to the doctor about it and get the meds. His Mum was on anti-depressants for ages so he knew what it could be like. The meds have totally turned me around. I can now cope and enjoy life despite the IBS and other stresses.

Low serotonin levels are definitely a problem for me. I missed a week of meds when I went away and couldn't get a repeat prescription b4 hand. By the end of the week, I was panicky, snapping at everyone and everything and crying all the time. Boy was it good to get some more pills!

Give it some thought.

Let me know how you're doing, okay?

Linz

Lithlady,Linz,Mags,Heather,Maryh, Health Professionals, etc. URGENT!!!ypnotherapy tapes? new
      #27215 - 11/15/03 08:16 AM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Thanks gals,
Have thot of hypno. actually took a course w/a friend yrs. for self hypnosis and feel it did really help.

Re what u said Lith.....concerned it's more than depression now. After the badddd chestpain on Sat., went to emergency Mon. and they did ekg and blood tests which the prem. showed ok. Was sposed to ck w/reg doc Wed but, of course, couldn't get her.........!!!! The doc in emergency wantedme to stay overnite to monitor & do stress test in am. Told them I ws too weak to do that and dr. said he could induce w/drugs. THAT UPSET ME.......cause.........am allergic to any stimulants.Wondered if HE'D READ my sheet!!
Had tacychardia reaction to novacine yrs ago
Before this, had bouts of this for seemingly no reason.......called them panic attacks at the time. Had to put me on quinidine, etc. and tranquilizers and finally just on inderal 10 mg. 3 x da. Am also allergic to Triaminic, Levbid, psuedophrine, phenelyphrine (? sp) on these 2. Caffeine even bothers me. Have hi BP now and am on both alot of inderal la and diovan, plus last test this yr. showed cholesterol hi, 230 where had been 200.
You must have read My Update......I think it was.

Any hubby saw cardiologist yest and all is going fine......thank heavens!!!!!!!! But, unbeknownest to me he'd written abt my troubles, symptoms and medications and gave to the doc who was wayyyyyy behind at that time & said he'd read it oer the wkend. But while talking he started glancing at it,.......... read it thru and said to have me in his office at 8 am Mon. Said if I had ANY problems over the wkend to go to emergency of the hospital he practices out of!!!!!

So.........am pretty upset right now...........funny tho cause in a sense a calmish feeling that at least there is someone who is taking me seriously.......may not be the right word......someone who w/help!

By the way, it FINALLY dawned on me last yest. that my left hand and the last 2-3 fingers going to sleep and even waking me up mite be fr. need to see chiropractor! Shows how I'm not thinking straight. I called there abt 4:20 & asked to come in but they said he was ooked and I finally took the chance that he might get me in if I WENT THERE which I did. Rite ard corner and he DID see me and adjusted vertebrae in neck and I put ice on it as he said and that seems much better. Must do it now again........! Had funny feeling NOT to wait till MON to seee him!!!

Sure could use SUPPORT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! to put it mildly!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Marnie

Re: Lithlady,Linz,Mags,Heather,Maryh, Health Professionals, etc. URGENT!!!ypnotherapy tapes? new
      #27218 - 11/15/03 09:46 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Marnie,
That's great that your hubby's MD is going to see you on Monday AM. What a great husband you have to take the time to write up info about you to share w/ his MD! Until you get to see his MD on Monday, I think you are very right to AMAP stay in the "calmish" mood you're currently feeling and focus on taking good care of your wonderful husband and yourself this wkend. How about a bubble bath together? Or take a long walk w/ him somewhere quiet in nature and appreciate the beauty all around you quietly together? Just 2 ideas but I'm sure you can think of many more!

Most impo is to be get your rest so that your mind is as clear as poss when you meet w/ the MD on Monday. It'd also be a good idea to review what your husband wrote so that you know what the MD has already read. This way you won't need to take up time in your meeting w/ the MD to discuss these points, but rather you and the MD can focus on making a plan as to how to help you to feel better.

I'm really busy the rest of the wkend but I'll keep you in my prayers. Big hugs, LL

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: Lithlady,Linz,Mags,Heather,Maryh, Health Professionals, etc. URGENT!!!ypnotherapy tapes? new
      #27221 - 11/15/03 10:59 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Marnie: I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick at this time!!! Sounds like you need to see the cardiologist on Monday. Meantime, REST and take care of yourself, OK!!!! You are a wonderful person and need to know that!! I'l be praying for you!!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Prayers! new
      #27228 - 11/15/03 02:00 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Marnie, I also must have missed something, because I didn't know you were having such a tought time either. I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through. You poor girl! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. Lt us know how things go at the cardio on Mon, and take care!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 710

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review