All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Calcium polycarbophil--so far, so good!
      #265902 - 05/27/06 11:20 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I've been taking Prodiem caps., for about 2 weeks, with great success! No gas, no bloating--actually tummy soothing and attack decreasing. The active ingredient is calcium polycarophil, the stuff in "Equalactin." There are no added artificial sweeteners.

I found myself swinging to "A" attacks after "D" attacks, lately, and my g.i. suggested trying calcium polycarbophil.

My gut is re-stabilizing. I'm hardly using any Immodium whatsoever (and I eat tons of SF).

I guess, when I experience "A" streaks, I add some more fruit (safely prepared) to my day. Bevvy is sure right about those blueberries.

Also, I must add that my bm's are regularily well formed (as long as I lay off the raw salads and limit lettuce to less than 2 c./day).

Kate, IBS-D (most of the time), and increasingly stable.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That's fantastic news Kate! new
      #265904 - 05/27/06 11:22 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Very encouraging, thanks for sharing this.

I agree with increasing the fruits to get it all moving again, so much of this is dependent on diet and watching what we eat..

Good detective work on this

--------------------
S.

that's good to hear.... new
      #266099 - 05/28/06 06:13 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

so ironic because I was thinking about trying Prodiem as well. I have been bugging my mother who lives in the US to send me some Equalactin to try. I noticed when looking up Equalactin that it is very similar to Prodiem. I think I will give this a try as well. I am an A and had a very attack lastnight so I started exploring new options today.
Hypno is next as soon as I can afford it!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Bethany, that's why I decided to try it! new
      #266126 - 05/28/06 08:58 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I decided to try it because it seemed so similar to Equalactin. The fibers in it are not supposed to "ferment" and no gassiness, so far--and no funny orange poop, either (Benefiber did that to me). It actually has a tummy soothing effect. Anyways, I started on 2 caps. twice daily and have worked up to 2 caps. 3x, daily. That feels comfortable, at the moment. I'm giving it a 2 month trial run.

I hate the backlash C attacks I sometimes get as a result of D because it generally leads to more D--you know, the cycle!
It's all about flow!

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 923

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review