All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How long does it take?
      #265090 - 05/23/06 03:40 PM
fedupwithgas

Reged: 05/18/06

I have been eating according to the diet here since Friday, and I have a question. My biggest problem is gas and bloating. I've noticed a difference, but I still get it. I'm curious: how long after eating an "offending food" does it take for gas to develop? The reason I ask is, I want to try to ascertain whether it is my breakfast, lunch or dinner that is the culprit.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated! This is really hard! I've been fighting this for many years, and been going to a gastro since September, with little result.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How long does it take? new
      #265185 - 05/23/06 07:12 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

For me, gas usually starts while I'm eating if I'm going to have it. But everyone is different and some people may have more time before they start to feel it.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: How long does it take? new
      #265186 - 05/23/06 07:20 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

With me, it depends on what it is. Sometimes it's 30 minutes and sometimes it's hours.

For example, about a year ago, before I was stable, I made the mistake of eating a half cup of mandarin oranges. I was fine for about 3 hours. Then the gas started and got worse and worse until BLAMMO! Attack in the middle of meeting! Not fun.

Beans will now catch up with me a few hours later, but it's not bad gas. If I remember my Beano, it's no problem at all.

This is one big reason... new
      #265238 - 05/24/06 06:48 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...IBS is so frustrating. It is too difficult to identify specific problem foods when the reaction time is anywhere from an hour to 2 days later. How do you guys pinpoint the specific food?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: This is one big reason... new
      #265336 - 05/24/06 01:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I intro new foods like a month apart, at least. A long time yes, but I know that if I have a prob, it's the new food for sure. If I think that something is giving me trouble even though, in theory, it should be safe, I'll usually try it one more time to check. If it still bothers me, it's out forever.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1009 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review