All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Even plain cocoa? new
      #265253 - 05/24/06 07:21 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

That's suppose to be safe. Like in the ADB.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Saturday Night Treats new
      #265261 - 05/24/06 07:35 AM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I eat Dove's Dark Chocolate promises everyday. It is one thing that I feel I treat myself too, that does not bother me. I don't drink alcohol at all. I do like a virgin strawberry daiquiri when I go out.

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

No Bob :( new
      #265269 - 05/24/06 08:28 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Since IBS I NEVER drink beer. As soon as I swallow the 2nd or 3rd mouthful I get cramps and D! I haven't had a beer since August 2004, even though Coors Light used to be my drink of choice.

White wine, cider and champagne don't hurt til the next day so I drink them.

I miss my beers

--------------------
S.

#265276 - 05/24/06 09:05 AM
tam

Reged: 02/02/06
Loc: uk

hi,
its good to hear you can tolearate all those things in one sitting!! I could only have one or the other in one day, bar the alcohol i havnt had the courage to retry that yet!! havnt had a drink now since i got engaged in feb and that was only one small glass of champagne, before that it was xmas and it triggered quite a bad attack, although i was nowhere near being stable at that time!!

I havnt tried the organic choc i seem to cope ok with cadburys as long as i only have a very small amount- which isnt the easiest of tasks!!

Just out of interest do you have your chinese without the msg added? I have to coz i cant tolerate that at all... i was very disappointed to find it as an ingreedient in oxo cubes, it makes making soup very difficult i am yet to find a nice tasting veg stock cube!! its very frustrating!!

good luck

#265328 - 05/24/06 01:40 PM
jaq

Reged: 05/20/06
Loc: Bournemouth, England

I think I am sensitive to msg; I suppose it's just been trial and error at my local chinese. I now know that Chicken and pineapple and chicken and mushroom seem not to cause any problems the next day.

I've traditionally always had all 3 on a Sat night but am finding that I'm getting sickly more often on a Sunday now. I find that when my bf says he's going out with friends on a sat, as he is this coming weekend, I find myself quite relieved that I can just have a salad in the evening.

As I said, I'm usually OK as I tend not to be stressed on a Saturday night and I just have small portions of things that don't appear to cause me problems - I suppose that might change as time goes on!

--------------------
Never EVER give up!

MSG=bad :( new
      #265433 - 05/25/06 03:17 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

MSg kills me too, Some chinese restaurants will leave it out if you ask- it might be worth trying a few local ones to see who will ,or what dishes don't have any

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4560 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2852

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review