All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonoscopy prep
      #264469 - 05/20/06 05:51 AM
fedupwithgas

Reged: 05/18/06

I'm scheduled for this at the end of next month, and I'm worried about the prep. I'm IBS-C, and it takes awhile to get me going. Is the prep going to be really painful? I have to take 4 Dulcolax, and then drink a whole bottle of Miralax mixed with a whol;e bottle of Gatoraid, in a short timespan.

I've gotten awful bloating from miralax, so i'm worried about drinking the whole bottle. I think I might explode!

Also, since it is hard to get me going, I wonder, what if i am blocked? Is all that Miraloax and Dulcolax going to make a blockage explode out of me, also? It sure doesn't sound like it will be a gentle push...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonoscopy prep new
      #264471 - 05/20/06 06:09 AM
hopeful

Reged: 05/19/06

I've tried dulcolax a few times and it never really made me go, but it did give me terrible cramps. I think Phillips' Stool Softner Laxative Softgels are supposed to be much easier on the tummy. Hopefully, you won't have a problem with your colonscopy prep unless you have hemorrhoids. That is my biggest problem and the reason my butt was so sore when I went in for my colonscopy a few years ago. I didn't think I'd ever be able to sit down again! But I survived and I know you will too. Try not to worry and get too stressed out about it. I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck and God Bless. :-)

Mine was fine... new
      #264475 - 05/20/06 06:54 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

much easier than the stuff they gave me for the gastroscopy and not really painful at all just uncomfortable obviously...theres some good advice HERE if you want to find out more about the prep....dont worry about it though...good luck...Im sure everything will go fine.

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4530 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review