All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! I need to be "cleaned out"
      #263935 - 05/17/06 01:29 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

My gastro says that I have large blockage of bowel in my intestines and that i need to remove it by all means necessary. Does anyone here know of any laxatives or OTC meds that will do its job without causing me disabilitating pain?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well.... new
      #263997 - 05/17/06 06:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Technically, all laxatives are considered an IBS no-no because they're harsh and can do more harm than good... not to mention you can become dependent on them very quickly. (By the way, gastros don't always know what they're talking about - not that I doubt you're blocked up, but we're talking about the same group of doctors who usually tell patients to "eat more fiber" and send them home to figure it out themselves... so take it all with a grain of salt.)

That said, I've had some times where I've been very blocked up, and I've used glycerin suppositories with good results - things got moving, no dependency, etc.

Re: Help! I need to be "cleaned out" new
      #264014 - 05/17/06 07:06 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

I did the Herbal Colon Cleanse about 2 months ago before I knew they were bad for you and it cleared me out a lot but my symptoms have gotten worse. I weighed 190 and I lost 10 pounds in 10 days. My symptoms have improved but they're still worse so I can't recommend it.

I'm not sure if you're underweight right now but if you go on a vegetarian diet you'll lose weight and a lot of the blockage. If you're already under weight it might not be a good idea.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

Re: Atomic Rose new
      #264024 - 05/17/06 08:02 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

I have a heard a lot of good things about glycerin suppositories, could you please tell me more about them? I know nothing.

#264085 - 05/18/06 07:23 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

ONLY when I am desperate and I haven't done this in well over a year, I drank a cup of "Smooth Moves" tea by Traditional Medicinals. It has a stimulant in it which is why this is not recommended but again, for me desperate situations call for desperate measures!

I would try this ONLY when you have tried the suppositories and other safer methods without results.

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#264432 - 05/19/06 07:35 PM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

Has your dr. checked you out for bacteria in the small intestine?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1821 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 696

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review