All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Thanks to everyone who is offering help! You gals are the greatest! new
      #263402 - 05/15/06 06:44 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Reintroducing foods would be less scary if I had had a positive experience. It's hard to keep trying when the new approach resulted in such worse pain. I didn't think it could get worse.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Weird that herbal tea doesn't agree with you new
      #263409 - 05/15/06 06:58 AM
Augie

I wonder why? Is that common for others with UC? How are the symptoms for UC different from IBS? Just curious.

--------------------
~ Beth

A (somewhat) contrarian opinion new
      #263445 - 05/15/06 09:09 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Beth, I truly don't think food is the problem. You've said that AtomicRose has taken a look at what you're eating and believes you're following the Diet guidelines. Since I'd rate her as one of the top people on the Board as far as truly understanding the EFI Diet, I've got to believe you've got the balancing act between SF and IF down pat.

Beyond that, you've said in the past that you usually have better BMs on the weekend, so I think the problem is more likely the stress side of IBS. If that's the case, then introducing any new food might make you worse simply because you'll be so worried over it.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I think you should keep eating what you've been eating and do the hypno program. It seems to be the best tool people have found for easing stress and - in the best case - actually retraining their gut. And there really is no reason for you not to go ahead and just do it: you already have the CDs and Ginger has offered her CD player.

Even if you don't want to take the loan of Ginger's CD player, do the program anyhow. From what other people have said, it sounds like running over into the second session doesn't make the program worthless. And - repeating myself again, I know - if you're stressing about running over into the second session, then set a timer to go off when the first session is going to be over.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Marci new
      #263465 - 05/15/06 10:26 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm happy that the Levison is allowing you to enjoy GREAT FOOD! Everywhere I go, everyone comments about my hair and it's naturally intense colour/shine. I guess the lignans in plant protein are doing their work! I haven't used Peptobismal in months, either! I have osteopenia and there is so much more calcium in plant foods, especially soy protein.

Mostly, I like the foods & that's important--to enjoy what you eat. I am so thankful to the Creator for the bounty of the Earth.

Lately, though, I'm enjoying cooked greens as salad more than lettuce--I like the robust intensity of the colours and flavours. I had roasted radicchio and romaine for my salad, yesterday. I do think it's important to try things in IBS-safe ways and even try old familiar things in new ways, too.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Did you start out with... new
      #263466 - 05/15/06 10:28 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Actually, I started with 1/3 c. and now can actually eat a whole cup in a sitting (i.e. of legumes) if they're mashed or pureed/blended.

Kate, IBS-D.

You go, Wind!-nt new
      #263468 - 05/15/06 10:32 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re:I've been wondering along your lines, Sand... new
      #263508 - 05/15/06 01:32 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I've been talking to Beth about how the fear of pain can make it really hard to try new foods, and make it harder for the body to accept them. She and I have also talked about different foods, and I really hopes she'll take up the hypno. Beth if you're reading this, I'm not ignoring you, dear friend. It's nice that someone like Sand is thinking on the same lines as me. Just trying to help!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: But what if the bananas.... new
      #263520 - 05/15/06 03:06 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You can try peaches if the bananas don't work, or maybe try including some acacia, or benefibre in the smoothie.

Re: But what if the bananas....
      #263588 - 05/16/06 01:55 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Beth, these board members are giving you excellent advice. I'm so happy you are trying new foods. You must keep trying. Maybe the tapes? Go for it!! A process of elimination may find the culprit, but from my experience, I do everything right and still have a bad day and night from trapped gas. But you must have a balanced diet. Love and prayers. Bette

--------------------
(cool)

Great minds run in the same direction, Alicia. -nt-
      #263613 - 05/16/06 07:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20271

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review