All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS or virus?
      #262205 - 05/07/06 11:40 PM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

I've been having bowel distress for several hours which has been getting gradually worse and has now gone to total D. I don't usually get D, so I'm wondering if I have a virus or ate something bad, but my stomach doesn't really hurt. I did have some new food and supplements today. Does this sound consistent with IBS-D?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS or virus? new
      #262228 - 05/08/06 06:51 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

This same exact thing happened to me a few days ago! I don't usually get full-blown D either, so it was really weird for me. I also didn't feel sick or have any stomach pains. I think it probably was a virus or something, but I guess I'll never really know. Maybe that is the case with you too if it's not typical of your symptoms.

--------------------
Kim

#262230 - 05/08/06 06:59 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

Hey, I just noticed from one of your previous posts that you have a fear of throwing up. I have that too. It makes having D really scary cuz I associate one with the other. The other day, when I was having D, I was panicking so badly because I thought I would throw up. I hope you are staying calm and relaxed today.

--------------------
Kim

#262496 - 05/09/06 10:56 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

It could be either. Typically when I have IBS induced D, it comes on very suddenly w/o warning. If it's some other cause, I usually have stomach aches and indigestion for anywhere from a few hours to a few days beforehand.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#263304 - 05/14/06 06:09 AM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

I know the feeling exactly. It's awful having IBS and being phobic of throwing up, because so many of the IBS symptoms can be associated with the fear. My IBS seems to manifest with a lot of nausea, at least that's what I'm guessing causes it, which doesn't help. It's be nice if I could at least get the IBS or the phobia under control, but they're both tricky. However, it's nice to find out you're not the only one.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6320 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 672

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review