All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m)
      #2622 - 03/12/03 01:56 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

What are some things that you used to be able to eat but no longer can that you really miss eating?

For me it is Long John Silver's Fish & Chicken Platter. I loved Long John Silver's. But I know if I ate it now I'd pay for it in the bathroom for days! I also miss an ice-cold glass of skim milk, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill in the summer time, etc., etc.

Sometimes I wish I could eat anything without it bothering me like my husband can.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m) new
      #2623 - 03/12/03 02:01 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I miss real ice cream, no bake jello cheescake, sour cream and onion chips, hotdogs, and I miss the really convient foods. I really miss Red Lobster shrimp scampi and cheese biscuits. Of course all these don't help you lose weight so I am better of. And there are better options now for most of these foods I miss.

Re: Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m) new
      #2626 - 03/12/03 03:06 PM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

I was just saying today that I wish I could go to Jack Astor's and have the garlic loaf with cheese and the parmesan chicken bowtie pasta and then Turtle Cheese cake for dessert!!!!!!!

#2627 - 03/12/03 03:36 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

the thing i miss the most is a hot and spicy taco, with extra cheese lettuce tomato and lots, lots of hot sauce. *sigh* i used to eat 3 of them in one sitting, and now i cant even eat a half without getting sick

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: soy ice creams new
      #2629 - 03/12/03 04:11 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I've tried many of the soy ice creams and there are some really great choices out there. Rice Dream has a crystal-y texture I don't care for, but if you can't have soy it's at least a choice. Tofutti puts some ingredients in their ice cream that aren't the healthiest, but that doesn't mean the ice cream doesn't taste good. I like Soy Delicious and I really like WholeSoy Glace, but since both are high in fat, my absolute favorite is WholeSoy Frozen Cultured Soy (think soy frozen yogurt)--it's utterly convincing AND low in fat! The only one I haven't tried is Soy Dream--I'm still waiting for it to go on sale.

Also, Edy's and Haagen-Dazs both make sorbets. Just be careful of Edy's coconut sorbet, it actually contains dairy (which "sorbet" is not supposed to do), and also be careful of eating too much fruit in the form of sorbet, which I've done before.

Just trying to cheer up those who miss ice cream.

#2632 - 03/12/03 05:33 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

BIGMACS at least 2,For me.

Re: soy ice creams new
      #2635 - 03/12/03 05:47 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I have had the Soy Delisous and it is good. It just doesn't always fit into my budget and the grocery store near me doesn't carry it. I have to drive 45 min. to get it. I have an ice cream maker but it takes a bit of effort to make.

#2639 - 03/12/03 06:07 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Jersey corn, diner coffee, mozzarella sticks, poppers, cheesesteaks, cheesesteak hoagies, bloomin onions, big glass of cold REAL milk, wings, beer, real pepperoni, real cheese, etc, etc!

And to top it off, I think the thing I miss the most is the corn. It sucks being from Jersey & not having Jersey corn! I remember I used to stop at the stand on the way home and pick up a couple of ears, come home, & have that with a side of asparagus for dinner! Those were the days....*sigh*

#2640 - 03/12/03 06:38 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

I miss pizza with the 'lot'. I used to make the most divine home made one and I do make a good IBS one but some days I really crave the other!

Re: Yatala Pies new
      #2644 - 03/12/03 10:51 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

In Birsbane Australia we have this fantastic pie shop called Yatala Pies. They are sooooo delicious. I miss them so much. The pastry is to die for and they have heaps of different fillings then they mash potato and peas to put under the "lid" of your pie. That is probably my most missed item.

Other than that I miss red wine, soft drink, cheesecake and chocolate.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1036 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47201

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review