All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m) new
      #2650 - 03/13/03 01:04 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Oh no, I'm getting hungry now! And I'm craving stuff!!! LOL
Okay, some stuff I can still eat, like pizza. I found, for me, that if I blot it with a napkin (the grease on top), before I eat it, it doesn't bother me too much! Back in January, I was working across the street from my friend who worked at the pizza place, and every other day for lunch, I'd go over there and get pizza! I had no problems with it at all! I bet I would now tho, since I've been eating better. I've noticed that since I've been on Heather's diet, I have problems with foods that I used to NOT have problems with. How odd.

So what I miss the most is: Grilled cheese!!!!! OMG!! I lived on cheese sandwiches!!! I miss REAL milk, Burger King cheeseburgers, I can't think.....lots of stuff. I can't remember right now, so I may as well not worry about it, otherwise I'm gonna start craving it. I already forgot what you all put on your lists...it was making me hungry big time!! Thats not good. If I don't think about it, I'm better off, and even if I DO think about it, I'm better off anyways! That stuff is sooo bad for you!!!!

Soy Delicious is awesome!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! For me, it tastes BETTER than reg. ice cream!!! I heard once (could be wrong, but I highly doubt it) that ppl that have soy in their diets live longer. Also, for ppl that miss sour cream N onion chips, Heather says in her book(s) that we can have Baked chips, like Lays. Lays makes baked sour cream n onion. Not sure if we can have that specific kind...Heather? What do you think???

Anyways, but thats what I miss the most: Grilled cheese with REAL cheese, and CHEESE. I used to eat slices of it for a snack! Oh!! And cheddar cheese!!! I mean, I could have these trigger foods, but then I have to pay the consequences!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m) new
      #2658 - 03/13/03 03:43 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

There are many - but I think the big ones are

-Starbucks ANYTHING
-Buffalo Wings
-Poutine (Canadian speciality: french fries covered in cheese curd then dump lots of beef gravy over top which melts the cheese into a yummy stringy mess - then I squeeze ketchup over that . . . come to think of it, I bet my arteries are grateful I've cut that one out of my diet)
-Coca-Cola (I was such a junkie! That stuff was like liquid gold to my body!) [now its like pouring ex-lax down my throat!]

...but you know, I don't miss this stuff as much I thought I would!

#2675 - 03/13/03 06:50 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

Fish and chips

Flourless choc cake

SIGH!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

#2676 - 03/13/03 07:01 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I miss Grilled Cheese, Taco Time, Burger King Poutine, McDonalds Western Omlette Bagel, Cream of Brocolli Cheddar Soup, Harvey's Burger, BBQ'd Kabobs, Steaks.

I also miss sour cream, butter etc.

I miss everything, come to think of it LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#2678 - 03/13/03 07:13 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

The one thing I miss the absolute most is fettucine alfredo. I used to make the best homemade fettucine. It is no wonder I started having sooooooooo many problems. When my husband and I first got married I was making it at least once a week. Then you have leftovers that only I would eat.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#2683 - 03/13/03 07:53 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

check the recipe exchange. Heather posted a link for an alfredo sauce with tofu and I made it the other night and it was so good.

#2695 - 03/13/03 08:24 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Thanks! I printed the recipe yesterday and am going to try it this weekend.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#2698 - 03/13/03 08:32 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Let me know what you think of it. I didn't have any soy parm. cheese and it was fine without it. I added shrimp to it. Yum.

#2707 - 03/13/03 10:32 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Zaftig1 - okay Zaftig1--are you Jewish like me? Because Zaftig is a Jewish word meaning "pleasingly plump" (like me, too!!!)

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2709 - 03/13/03 10:42 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Oh, Mags, you're bringing back so many memories. I used to live in NJ about 25 years ago and the white corn (Country Gentleman I believe it was called) and especially the tomatoes were TOTALLY RAD or whatever the kids are saying these days. I can't keep up. Now that I live in California, we can get corn on the cob in the summer that comes from down by the Delta and it's pretty darn close to the NJ stuff. The asparagus we get here is pretty good, too. We can have asparagus as long as it's cooked til it's soft and pureed. I had some the other night and made it in the microwave. I thought it was done enough but it wasn't. Boy, did it give me gas. If I cook it in water on the stove til it's soft mushy, it doesn't bother me. But, that's me.

If I ever went back to NJ (haven't been in about 13 years), I would go in the summer (yukky humidity) for the corn and asparagus (not to mention cheesesteak hoagies...Oh, HOW I MISS THIS STUFF). I remember the first year I was in California, I asked my Mom to mail me some tomatoes from her garden...AND SHE DID. She picked them on the green side and shipped 'em out. What a treat. The tomatoes we get here are pretty poor--and that's putting it mildly. I planted an Early Girl last year in a huge crock on my back deck. We had some pretty good tomatoes, too.

Oh well, so much for memories.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47596

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review