All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: IBS-C with pain...to peel or not to peel new
      #279746 - 08/24/06 06:59 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

I eat my fruits with everything. The fruits I eat the most are: grapes, papaya, pineapple, mango, strawberries and a couple of prunes a day.

Most of these food don't have peels. Do you ever eat something like a peach or a nectarine or plum or apple that has skin to peel? Would you peel those?

When you say you eat your fruits with "everything" does that mean with all the peel or with all your meals?

Do the prunes give you gas? Dried prunes scare the heck out of me. do they help you go?

I'm really confuse about this peeling deal with the C and the pain.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C with pain...to peel or not to peel new
      #279813 - 08/24/06 10:56 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I remember a doctor once telling me to eat dried prunes every day. They gave me HORRIBLE gas. If you're just starting out, and aren't yet stable (like me), I would blend or puree your fruits WITH the peel. It's a much safer way of getting IF.

It's also a trial and error thing. I did this with peaches last week. One morning I ate a peach regularly, skin and all. By the afternoon I had pain and gas. The next day I ate the same breakfast, but peeled the peach. Same results, though not quite as bad. The next day I blended the peach (skin included) into a smoothie, and felt fine that afternoon. So, you may want to try something like that to see if the skin bothers you.

HTH,
Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2467

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review