All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gravy Mix, Sloppy Joe Mix, Tortilla Chips
      #261459 - 05/04/06 07:22 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

More new products. I found all of these at Whole Foods.

Simply Organic Brand Roasted Turkey Gravy Mix: No MSG, no dairy, no fat. Mix the packet with water and cook. It's good - not as good as Thanksgiving turkey gravy made with all those drippings, but still good. The same people also make Chicken Gravy Mix that I haven't tried yet.

Simply Organic Sloppy Joe Mix: No MSG, no dairy, no fat. Brown a pound of ground meat (I used about 3/4 pound ground turkey) and 1/4 cup onion, add mix, water, and tomato paste. It's quite good, but spicy. HanSolo's Sloppy Joes are better, of course, but the mix is very easy and great for a quick meal when there's not much in the fridge.

Guiltless Gourmet Baked Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips: 110 calories per serving, 15 from fat, so 14% of calories from fat. These are delicious. I think Trader Joe's similar chips are a little better, but these are darn close. They have the same ingredients (except Guiltless Gourmet is yellow corn rather than blue) and the same calorie and fat count. And for me, Whole Foods is much closer than Trader Joe's. Like the Trader Joe's chips, however, these are addictive and I suspect eating the whole bag would probably be a bad idea.

Enjoy!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks Sand new
      #262148 - 05/07/06 03:33 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thanks for the info on the Trader Joe Blue Tortilla. I always wondered if the "blue" type was okay.

I bought a bag today and they are so incredibly good! What a nice change from baked potato chips! I opened the bag on the drive home...just couldn't wait!

Thanks, Sand!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Not So Sloppy Joe sauce is safe too -nt new
      #262182 - 05/07/06 06:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Sadly, I have to update the gravy info... new
      #288209 - 10/27/06 06:08 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I bought this again and the packet now says, "Contains milk". I ate it and did fine with it, but be cautious if you're super-sensitive to dairy.

Sigh.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1043

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review