All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having a VERY bad morning
      #261241 - 05/03/06 06:20 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

So, today, I am having horrible D. Since 6 this morning and it hasn't stopped yet (it is now 9am). This wouldn't be such a big deal except this never happens to me. I call myself IBS-D, but I never really get full-blown D. My stool is usually just loose. At worst, I'll have something similar to D, but only once, not a lot, and then it's done.

I haven't had anything like this since I had food poisoning a while ago. I'm actually wondering if it could be some kind of bug, but I don't feel sick! I feel fine except that I keep having to run to the bathroom. I can't even begin to figure out what might have caused this. I ate nothing but my normal, "safe" foods that don't give me any trouble usually. And I had been doing really well the last few days.. solid, well-formed BMS, starting to feel a little normal. This just came out of the blue. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Or have any idea what may have caused it??

--------------------
Kim

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a VERY bad morning new
      #261244 - 05/03/06 06:29 AM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

That is how i get when my IBS-D kicks in (usually everyday, but the last few weeks ive been C) it isnt fun at all. It can be something you ate that made it worse. Its just IBS for you, i went about 5 months with perfect BMs, i thought it was gone, then all of a sudden BOOM, its back. Theres no way to tell when its coming, or how bad its gonna be till it hits

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

#261263 - 05/03/06 07:49 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I get like this occassionally as well. Sometimes I can't pinpoint my attacks to a specific food, my body just likes to rebel. The wonderful world of IBS at its best. It is possible you have a bug or have you been lacking sleep lately or been stressed out about something, that could do it too. I hope you feel better soon! Take Care

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#261277 - 05/03/06 09:06 AM
Kim2884

I just talked to my GI, and he seems to think that this might be a virus or something, since it is SO different from my usual IBS symptoms.

--------------------
Kim

#261288 - 05/03/06 10:20 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It could easily be a bug, considering your description. Do you have any Imodium? I recommend taking some, if the D hasn't stopped.

Kate, IBS-D.

#261292 - 05/03/06 10:33 AM
Kim2884

I don't, but i did take a bunch of pepto. It seems to be stopping finally (knock on wood).

--------------------
Kim

#261312 - 05/03/06 12:05 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hiya. Quickly scanned your post first thing this morning (here in the UK) and planned to reply with some encouragement later today, but I've since started to be just as rubbish myself!! Had persistent, gassy, horrible D for the last few hours, and am getting so weak and shaky from it.

Yuck! But hey, at least we should feel better tomorrow...

Have you figured out yet whether you have a bug or just horrible IBS attacks? Hope you're feeling better either way! **HUGS**

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#261314 - 05/03/06 12:34 PM
Kim2884

Hey, thanks for the support! My stomach is feeling a little better now. I'm not having any more D, but I'm very tired. I actually have a paper due tomorrow for school and I was supposed to be working on it today, but I'm afraid I haven't felt up to doing anything productive. I really hope we both do feel better tomorrow! I don't think I'll ever know for sure if it is a bug or IBS.. my GI thinks its a bug, but who really knows?

--------------------
Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review