All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fennel
      #260729 - 04/30/06 12:39 PM
sugar

Reged: 02/08/03
Loc: Calistoga, CA

I have seen them cooking fennel on the Food Channel. It looks kind of like cabbage. Has anyone got any information on if it's okay to eat fennel in this form and what's the best way to cook (eat) it? I did a search but wasn't successful.

--------------------
A Safe Place

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fennel new
      #260808 - 05/01/06 09:35 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I love fennel tea, and thought I would like actual fennel, but YICK! I chopped it up and put it in a vegetable soup. Too licorice-y for my taste. I do think that it's ok to eat on the EFI diet, though. Treat it the same as you would other veggies.

--------------------
~jules

Re: Fennel new
      #260830 - 05/01/06 11:09 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Fennel bulbs are delicious, however very high in IF for an IBS'er. Definitely eat in conjunction with SF! They're rather like celery, except with a more licorice flavour. Make sure it's well cooked/chopped versus consuming it raw. It's a fabulous addition to stir-fries and warm veggie salads--I love combining fennel with portabella mushrooms. It's delicious roasted with root vegetables such as carrots and beets. So, if you're feeling adventurous, treat it cautiously and follow Heather's basic tips re: incorporating IF.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 1540 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review