All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight loss with IBS-D
      #260686 - 04/29/06 11:05 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

Since I was diagnosed with IBS I have lost a lot of weight. Now I'm following the IBS diet and am stabilized (most of the time) but cannot seem to put on any weight. According to BMI I am on the low end of healthy at 107lbs/5'2" but feel very thin as I have been bigger most of my life. Is anyone else having this problem or have any advice for how I can put on some weight while still obeying IBS diet guidelines?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight loss with IBS-D new
      #260696 - 04/30/06 05:42 AM
welshgrl

Reged: 04/27/06
Loc: Michigan

I am having the same problem. I am 5'4" and just over 100lbs and am worried at the rapid weight loss/fragility of my body right now. Hopefully, getting the diet on track will help, but maybe we just need to eat calories at each of the small IBS friendly meals we eat. I am frustrated because I am always hungry and still learning what I can and cannot eat and would love to grab all the fat filled food for pleasure and weight gain, but that is counterintuitive. Suggestions would be appreciated here.

Re: Weight loss with IBS-D new
      #260698 - 04/30/06 05:48 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Ladies -- I sure wish I had this problem -- because so many IBS friendly foods are high calorie (because of sugar - not fat) -- and so yummy -- and I just can't hardly control myself. I have to really watch my weight and I am trying right now to lose.

Have you tried including some desserts? Some yummy quick breads? Some of those are pretty calorie dense. There is a recipe index here that could make your mouth water.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 609

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review