All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: What do you consider your WORST symptom new
      #259648 - 04/22/06 04:35 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Has to be the fatigue after the attacks. I can't function because I'm so tired, and it lasts even when the attacks are gone.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bloating... new
      #259660 - 04/22/06 06:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Doesn't fasting make you more C? I wouldn't think it would be good for the IBS. Don't we need a coninual input of food to keep the spasms from getting too bad?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#259661 - 04/22/06 07:00 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I started a fast last week (only lasted one day) but for that one day I had ZERO bloat. Got dizzy and crabby from not eating, so I ended up eating. Makes me think that I do have food allergies or something.

--------------------
~jules

Re: What do you consider your WORST symptom new
      #259685 - 04/22/06 08:52 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

The worst for my is the big D and waiting for the Imodium to kick in. For a while there though, trapped gas was wrecking havoc in my tummy! I was popping Gas-X pills like candy.

NAUSEA new
      #259717 - 04/23/06 07:48 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

and since i have a fear of throwing up it sthe worst part, if i could get rid of the nausea and the fear, as i am sure they are intertwined i could handle th eothr symptoms.
I am sttarting to go to hypno for this so hopefully it will work, i have seen some progress but also have slipped back to it when i start to feel sick, my mind takes over.

#259773 - 04/23/06 04:30 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Really? I'm usually like that, say, if I take a laxative -I'm emptied out, if I don't eat the following day I will not be bloated. Does this mean I have food allergies and not IBS?

#259808 - 04/24/06 05:44 AM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

I wondered the same thing because I was at such a low and was always bloated I didn't know what to do. Of course, I ended up paying a fortune for them to prick my back about 35 times and then to tell me I was not allergic to anything except possibly hazelnut... and I don't even like hazelnut! So I don't think these symptoms mean you necessarily have food allergies. But if you're curious, you can pay a lot for the tests too

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

Re: Fasting? new
      #259851 - 04/24/06 10:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

How long do you guys fast before the bloat goes away? I wake up bloated! Tuck in a shirt??? I'd be happy to button my pants right now!

My IBS seems to come in waves. Its ok for a while, just some bloating and gas and mild irratation than for no apparent reason, whem! Nausea, bloating, stinky gas, C, D, cramps, you name it. Once it gets bad like this it can take MONTHS to get it to calm down. I'd go a couple of days without food if I thought it would help.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#259875 - 04/24/06 12:27 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I may get blasted for saying this, but I was desperate for relief.

According to cleanse directions, I drank a cup of laxative tea (Smooth Move) before bed time...then woke up and drank a salt water flush, then fasted on a homemade beverage.

Long term it probably wasn't good, but short term...I woke up with a flat belly and maintained it until the SECOND I ate a Saltine cracker.

I felt skinny enough to go try on bikini's in harsh flourescent lighting.

ETA: I'm hoping that my insurance covers testing. I refuse to accept that this is my life forever. I'm sick of feeling sick!

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (04/24/06 12:33 PM)

#259877 - 04/24/06 12:48 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

I fast a couple of times a year for the sheer purpose of drawing near to God. My tummy is blissfully flat...I usually drink one of two smoothies a day and the rest plain liquids.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS for everyone with IBS because coming off of a fast can be very difficult.

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1645 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review