All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Switching to "A"??
      #258841 - 04/19/06 03:19 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

The past 2 days I've had urgent "D" Which is weird cause I'm a "C" normally. But in the past 2 months, I've had it 2 other times as well! I'm so upset by this. At least if I'm just C, I know what to expect and how to handle it. Having random D is so annoying and I have no way to prepare for it, aside from trying to eat ok...but even then, that doesn't really help, the past 2 days I think were brought on just by my period! I didn't eat anything different. It sucks cause I feel like I've reached a point where I pretty much know what I can/cannot eat, and how to eat certain foods in smaller amounts...I thought I had it figured out. Now here comes this! The problem too is I take Colace everyday for my C. I'm sure this makes D attacks even worse! But if I stop taking it then my C will be worse...ahhh!! I think I will start taking my SFS again, I haven't really needed it in awhile but I guess I do now. Any advice from "A" people?? Am I really an "A" now or could I ride this thing out??

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Switching to "A"?? new
      #258899 - 04/19/06 08:44 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Been there, done that. For me, my occasional D is related to either my period or stress/anxiety. Have you done the hypno yet? It's definitely a help.

--AC

#259032 - 04/19/06 04:21 PM
fishnets

No I haven't done it. I can't really buy it right now either cause I don't have a job...oh well!

I feel like crap today No BMs at all, but feel sick and uncomfortable. I'm supposed to be going away this weekend too, I dunno if I'm going to make it!

--------------------
IBS-C

#259052 - 04/19/06 06:51 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm not an A, but my opinion is that it's too soon to tell. I am chronic C...but I do get D once in a while...usually after a longer bout of C than usual. I NEVER take immodium on those days though. Even when I take it easy on the IF those days, it still backfires on me and I get C again the next day.

Have you tried going a few days without the Colace to see if you still need it? If you don't get worse symptoms with the SFS, I think that would be more helpful than the Colace anyhow.

I'm sorry you are feeling bad again...and that you are out of a job.

How's the boyfriend living with you situation working out? Hope it's okay.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#259994 - 04/25/06 07:46 AM
fishnets

Unfortunatly for the entire past week I've still had D Yesterday I woke up at 3:30am and starting puking till 10am! I felt AWFUL! Plus had lots of D too. I also kept feeling these painful cramps just above my belly button, normally if I have IBS cramps they're lower then that, but today I haven't felt it which is good. If I had health insurance I'd go to the doctor, but unfortunatly I don't. Thankfully I'm feeling better today, though haven't had a BM so don't know how that part will be. It bothers me because I have no idea what's causing this...normally I'm pretty aware of what causes my attacks, but this seems to be very random, as were the other few times of D I had lately I wish I could see a doctor.

Augie I tried skipping the Colace but then couldn't go at all, so I figured maybe I was ok again and went back to taking it, but then still had D. Yesterday I skipped it again and I'll continue skipping it until hopefully I go back to normal. The boyfriend situation is working out great by the way I love living with him!

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 819

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review