All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Anyone Heard of Super Cleanse?? It's been a miracle for me--is it safe?
      #258609 - 04/18/06 06:29 AM
clynn

Reged: 04/18/06

I have been IBS-C for 7 years now and have not been diciplined enough to stick to the diet as i should. I've read a lot about different colon cleansers and when to whole foods about a week ago and picked one at random. it is called 'Super Cleanse' i took the pills at night like it said, and seriously each day since i have had a BM. I have no bloating and feel normal for the first time in years!!!!!!!!!! i am wondering if anyone else has tried this and also wondering if there is any danger in taking this. it says its 'all natural'. It contains a lot of different roots (something like ?casaba? is the main one)and licorice ?extract? ---don't have the bottle with me now to list, sorry!!

Will my bowels get dependant on this? Is it unhealthy to take?

I don't want to give it up, i FINALLY feel normal. any experiences from any of you with this?

Thank you so very much for any info!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone Heard of Super Cleanse?? It's been a miracle for me--is it safe? new
      #258617 - 04/18/06 06:59 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Where did you get it?? I'm very interested in trying it for myself. How long ago did you take it?? Did you get it online, or at a healthfood store or something? Is it a laxative?

#258629 - 04/18/06 07:09 AM
clynn

I got it at whole foods market (a grocery store that sells a lot of different herbal remedies also). It was $16 a bottle for 100 capsules. I am amazed by how it has essentially made me normal. But like i said in my post I am also scared that it is something my colon will get dependant on...

I have just started decreasing the dosage and am trying to see if it still works.

I just googled it, here is one sight that carries it:
http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/70209
could anyone tell me if they know if any of the ingrediants are harmful?

Please do a search on cleanses... new
      #258630 - 04/18/06 07:09 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...and read the boards (not just the message board). Cleanses have been brought up so often...and all of them say it is not good! Including the "natural? ingredients in yours. Here's one article on the effects of these ingredients. web page

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Yes, you will become dependent on it... new
      #258632 - 04/18/06 07:12 AM
Augie

...it causes cathartic colon and you will need more and more to keep going. Please don't mess up yours system more with these. They just cause the bowels to stop functioning.

--------------------
~ Beth

#258634 - 04/18/06 07:13 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I was on someting called Super Colon Cleanse for a while, & I felt the same way! It was great & All natural too. But I read on these boards that we shouldn't take them, can't remember why. Anyway, I got off it,after 2yrs. & got on a SFS. Do a search on it, I'm sure it'll tell you why these are cosidered unsafe.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

I thought it was too good to be true...UGGGGG new
      #258639 - 04/18/06 07:19 AM
clynn

So disappointed... its been so good to feel 'normal'...sigh.....

Would even taking it say once a week to promote one BM per week be harmful? I would assume yes but grasping at straws here...

thanks for all of your input!!!

I know, it's so disappointing... new
      #258655 - 04/18/06 08:05 AM
Augie

...and so tempting to keep taking something that is immediately helping you!

I have a bottle of Cascara Sagrada in my cabinet (bought before I read the info on the boards)...and I still haven't thrown it out. I haven't taken one in probably a year....but keep holding onto the bottle.

I honestly don't know if taking it once in a while would be okay. I've heard some say yes and some say no.

Have you tried Miralax? It's a safe, prescription osmotic laxative that you can take for life. I am currently having to resort to that...but it does help keep me going when nothing else "safe" will. It does cause gas and bloating though. For me at least....but so does everything safe.

I would be curious to hear what others have to say about taking it once a week or so. Is that how little you go? Only once a week? Do you have IBS or plain constipation?

--------------------
~ Beth

Kiwi? new
      #258656 - 04/18/06 08:06 AM
Augie

what dose of SFS are you up to? Or have you stabalized on? Still taking Citrucel caplets?

--------------------
~ Beth

Safe to take once a week? new
      #258662 - 04/18/06 08:13 AM
clynn

Yes it is so disappointing!! I have IBS-C, I get extrememly bloated and usually have a BM once a week...thats why i was so exstatic about this stuff, right now i sit here and i have no pain.. sigh...

i usually can't go all week and then when i do it is one day when i go like 3 times because there is so much in there! i quit smoking awhile a go and thats made it even harder to go, the smoking actually used to help make things move. Now, i am avoiding lung cancer, but looks like if i take super cleanse i am heading toward colon cancer.... sigh again....

i haven't been to my gastro since diagnosis, i should go and ask about the miralax...

unless of course it is okay to take the super cleanse once a week or so....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review