All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Kiwi? new
      #258667 - 04/18/06 08:22 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I'm up to 5x day, & not stable anymore. I'm having trouble going again. My BF & I were out Sunday morning at breakfast, & I wasn't feeling well, & started crying right at the table. I'm trying to keep my mind about this. Maybe it's time to try a new SFS, like powder? I go to see my new GI on Thurs., so I'm trying not to panic. I know I'm doing alot of things right, so I think I will ask him to test me for food allergies, & I printed out that list that says we should get certain things ruled out before going with an IBS diagnosis. I may have to start from squre 1 again, but ti will be worth it.
How ae you doing? Sounds like you're still hurting. Any doc appts coming up?

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sorry to hear this new
      #258675 - 04/18/06 08:33 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Make me wonder if some people just always will have problems.

It couldn't hurt to try a powder. In one of Heather's books she wrote that powders tend to work better, for some reason. Or, increase the amount of caplets you take at one time. How many do you take at once? If you are only taking 2, then you are still only at 5 grams fiber.

It's weird that this worked for you right after the cleanse (when I would think your body would be less reactive to it...and more dependent on the cleanse).

Yep, I'm still hurting bad. No doc appointments scheduled either. All they say anyway is to see a shrink and eat what I want. Oh, and to take my Miralax.

I'm just about done wasting my time and money on this advice I get from 4 different GIs now, over the years.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Anyone Heard of Super Cleanse?? It's been a miracle for me--is it safe? new
      #258679 - 04/18/06 08:46 AM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

Clynn, I tried this also and it worked great in the beginning for but then it stopped. My dr. doesnt recc. any colon cleansers and I have tried many and they do not work. I m sorry to say I havent found the magic formula yet.

Re: I know, it's so disappointing... new
      #258687 - 04/18/06 09:26 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Same with me, Augie. No matter what I eat I still get bloated. Sometimes in the mornings I wake up witout any bloating, but when I eat a peice of safe bread or something, it comes right back. Extremely frusterating.

Re: Augie, so... new
      #258689 - 04/18/06 09:28 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

what did your results say from your colonoscopy? Have you had any food allergy testing done? There's got to be something amiss here. I'm frustrated for you.
Yeah it is strange that it worked right after the cleanse, but is slowly decreasing it's effeciency now. I know powders work well for me, so maybe I'll give Heathers a shot.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

what to try first new
      #258698 - 04/18/06 10:13 AM
tjcanaba

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: nm

I really enjoy all of your postings. What do you think I should try first? I am IBS, at first it was IBS-D and after I started taking fiber supplements, such as benefiber and fiberchoice-It seems to be IBS-C mainly, with still a strong urgency feeling. I just hate the feeling. HELP with ideas! Thanks,, Tony

#258706 - 04/18/06 11:12 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

Same with me, Augie. No matter what I eat I still get bloated. Sometimes in the mornings I wake up witout any bloating, but when I eat a peice of safe bread or something, it comes right back. Extremely frusterating.

This describes me to a "T". I want to rip my intestines out!My current GI has me on Zelnorm for life. I want a second opinion and more tests, so I made an appointment with another GI for May 11.

Feeling hopeful.

--------------------
~jules

Re: Safe to take once a week? new
      #258730 - 04/18/06 12:41 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Have you tried flaxseed oil capsules or flaxseed meal? I take the capsules and they work wonders on my constipation. If you do try it, I'd be careful on how many you take, because the fat content could bother your stomach. Hope this helps!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Re: Safe to take once a week? new
      #258731 - 04/18/06 12:49 PM
clynn

Reged: 04/18/06

Yeah, I have tried the flax seed, use it still everyday but no results really. Thank you though, I am ALWAYS open to try new ANY things!!

#258732 - 04/18/06 12:51 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Geez...this is exactly how I feel at least once a week!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 928 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12249

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review