All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Safe to take once a week? new
      #258733 - 04/18/06 12:57 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Have you ever heard of "Triphala"? It's this Indian herbal rememedy that helps with getting the digestive system functioning again, and it's SUPPOSEDLY non-addictive. Even though colon-cleansers aren't recommended, I'm thinking about trying it, because it's actually helpful and good for the digestive tract. And it could supposedly be used for life...

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Triphala 'laxative' new
      #258736 - 04/18/06 01:34 PM
clynn

Reged: 04/18/06

I found this:
http://www.planetherbs.com/articles/triphala.html
interesting. let me know how it works for you, i may have to try it. supposedly its not addictive for the colon...i will do some more research... thanks!!!!!!

ps made an appt. with my Dr. today, i will ask about it when i go!

Re: Triphala 'laxative' new
      #258746 - 04/18/06 02:10 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

If you don't mind, could you tell me what your doctor thinks of "Triphala"? I haven't seen my doctor in ages, because he's been so busy... Oh well. Good Luck!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Re: Triphala 'laxative' new
      #258787 - 04/18/06 05:55 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Yes, please update us! Please make a post about it or something. I would love to find a product to help me find/maintain stability. I hope it will work. It seems to be a laxative, but it states that it is not dependant as it does not effect the liver or gall bladder? ie: a 'healthier' approach to laxatives.

Re: Anyone Heard of Super Cleanse?? It's been a miracle for me--is it safe? new
      #258789 - 04/18/06 06:00 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

Its main ingredient is cascara sagrada... i've heard this is VERY addictive to your bowels & can be very damaging. I used to use that cleanse (boy did my a*s reek!!) ... and I'm sure I used it for too long. I think in the long run it hurt me. I don't recommend it.

Do a search on triphala new
      #258790 - 04/18/06 06:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's been discussed a lot. Some people on the board are currently taking it.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Augie, so... new
      #258859 - 04/19/06 05:59 AM
Augie

My last colonoscopy was done over 5 years ago...but it was normal. I think I should have an updated one as my symptoms have changed, but my doc disagrees.

I have had no food allergy testing done. Again, none of my doctors believe that IBS has anything to do with food selection. They think it is just the reaction of the body to any food that is haywire. I am so confused.

If you like citrucel...you can buy that in the powder form. I am currently using the "clear" form which is now labeled "fruit smoothie" I think....but it's the same ingredients. They changed the name to promote it as a powder to add to juice because it has no taste...although it does taste (good) to me. I don't take that much though. I also take the caplets...to avoid some of the extra sugar. I only take 4 grams fiber worth total for the day. I'm afraid any more will just bloat me up and give me more gas. I'm not so "sold" on SFS for everyone...especially the bloaters and gassy guses. Too bad...because I could use the fiber and the SF cushion.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Do a search on triphala new
      #258868 - 04/19/06 06:25 AM
clynn

Reged: 04/18/06

I did a search and nothing came up...

I will definitely post here what my dr. says about triphala. My appt. isn't until May16th but I will be sure to post any news!...oh,i miss my super cleanse already, didn't take them last night and back to bloated and pants unbuttoned...bla!

Are you changing the date range? new
      #258875 - 04/19/06 06:46 AM
Augie

...from the past month to "all posts"? I just did a search this way and came up with heaps of posts. Here's one that may help. Triphala

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: that's something else... new
      #258883 - 04/19/06 08:03 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Have you asked him to do another colonoscopy, since your symptoms have changed? You need to convince him. Something is wrong, & you're the paiteint, so they need to do something! Have you showed him the book from Heather, or your food diary? Do you know any of your triggers? Tell them, they need to know, even if you have to be forceful about it. They're just people, who, though educated, may not know.

I didn't know they had a clear flavor of Citricell. I thought they did, but could never find it. Thanx, I'll be looking for that! I hate to go back to a powder, but if it works...I'm just scared it'll upset my tummy again. I think it was the orange flavor that did it, so maybe this will be better! I'll try it!
So, why aren't you sold on the SFS thing? How many times do you take citricell? I used to take it 2x a day.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3041 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11991

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review