All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A little freaked out
      #258444 - 04/16/06 05:51 PM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

Ok, so I've had this really weird thing bothering me all day today. My right side keeps twitching! It feels so strange, like my insides are trembling. I would love to believe it is a muscle spasm, but I'm afraid it may more likely be my ascending colon. Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling great, and worked myself into an anxiety attack because I was so afraid I would have terrible D or vomit or something (neither of these things has happened to me since having IBS, but i am paranoid). So, I spent a lot of the night nervously shaking in bed, trying to calm myself down. But I don't understand why this feeling hasn't stopped. It's really starting to freak me out. Has anyone experienced anything remotely like this before??

--------------------
Kim

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A little freaked out new
      #258445 - 04/16/06 05:58 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

Do you mean the anxiety or the muscle(colon) spasm? I've just recently started dealing with some anxiety issues from IBS that are really awful. I believe that IBS causes anxiety/panic and not the other way around. Heathers research forum says otherwise though.

There are some books on amazon that you can look up to help deal with the anxiety if that's your concern.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

#258447 - 04/16/06 06:27 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Is it possible it's a lot of trapped gas? Or maybe it's just a muscle spasm just like when your eye twitches then goes away on its own?
Try a hot soothing bath tonight and see if anything changes.

#258455 - 04/16/06 07:48 PM
aimsies

Reged: 10/20/05
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hi there,

It sounds to me like you are having a terrible anxiety attack. I sometimes find that my insides go into something like a spasm. It doesn't cause me any pain, however, it does feel very strange. A word of advice though regarding the anxiety, I remember nights when I worked myself into such a frenzy that I would shake so bad my bed would hit the wall. Since then, I have really been working on managing my stress/anxiety. I know, I know, you have heard this all before, but I mean I have really made some major changes in my life, including taking some perscription medication. I find that slowing down my life a bit, leaning how to take time for myself and exercising on a regular basis have really helped with the anxiety attacks.
I hope that you are feeling okay now, take care and let us know how you are doing.
Amy

Re: anxiety new
      #258458 - 04/16/06 08:17 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

From what I've been through.. there's definetly anxiety caused by IBS, and also IBS attacks caused by anxiety. Kind of a viscious cycle, although I found my anxiety got much better once I got my IBS under control. This did however require me to stop be anxious about having attacks, and trust my stomach and the food I'm eating.
Frustrating sometimes!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#258462 - 04/16/06 09:28 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I get this too. ALL my symptoms are felt in my ascending colon. Sounds like muscle twitching/spasming to me.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#258472 - 04/17/06 05:33 AM
Kim2884

Thank you all for your responses! It is good to know I am not the only one who gets such severe anxiety. So far (knock on wood) this morning I haven't felt any spasming. So maybe it was just a remnant of the anxiety attack I had and a good night's sleep is all I needed. Luckily, I don't have this kind of anxiety very often. I am trying to do everything I can to control it on my own without medication for now.

--------------------
Kim

#258537 - 04/17/06 02:00 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

If you haven't tried the hypno CDs, please consider them! They've really helped me with all my anxiety issues, and the only "side effect" is that I sleep a lot better.

--AC

Re: Hypno new
      #258550 - 04/17/06 04:34 PM
Kim2884

I would love to try the hypno CDs... but they're not real cheap and finances are a little tight right now. I'm getting married in 2 1/2 months and have a lot of things to pay for! I know if they work it would be totally worth it...but I just can't bring myself to spend the money right now. I dunno, maybe I will just suck it up and order them...it would certainly be great to feel better before my wedding and honeymoon!

--------------------
Kim

Re: Hypno new
      #258623 - 04/18/06 07:03 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

The hypno CDs are SO worth it! I use them now to help me fall asleep. So relaxing. It may actually help with the stress of planning your wedding. Check to see if Heather has another promotion coming up on them. I think a few months ago, they were offered for $10 cheaper.

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1481

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review