All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Isn't that funny? new
      #258374 - 04/15/06 06:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm still trying to figure out how I can eat stuff so spicy/hot it makes me break out in a sweat, but a simple bell pepper - even cooked - even if it's been cooked in something and I pick it out, and eat around it, but the flavor is still there - gives me the most wicked indigestion you can imagine. Lasts for *days*.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How many people can eat... new
      #258378 - 04/15/06 07:24 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I can with a good SF base.

Re: I think.... new
      #258381 - 04/15/06 08:38 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

That's like me with peanut butter. I know IBSers arn't supposed to have it, because of its fat content, but I don't have any problems with it. I've been eating it since I was about 3 or 4. Of course, if I overdo it, as with anything else, I then get problems. But, yeah.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#258388 - 04/15/06 11:24 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Yes, to all three. However, onions can give me gas sometimes. I don't mind, but I'm sure those around me do Therefore, I only eat onions when I don't have to worry about the aftermath.

Re: I think.... new
      #258431 - 04/16/06 02:27 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Actually, peanut butter is fine - it's fairly safe protein so long as you don't have loads of it. It's definitely one of my staples!

Oh, and garlic and onions are just fine with me (particularly when they're cooked well). I'm ok with spicy food, so long as it's only once or twice a week. I'm not a real heatseeker (outside of the great hummus with hot sauce I got the other day - yum!), though, so that may not really be an IBS limitation.

--AC

Re: Isn't that funny? new
      #258449 - 04/16/06 06:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ditto. If I indulge in peppers, I cannot get the taste/residue out of my stomach for days and it's just not worth it! It's not something I can eat around/ignore...there's something about bell peppers that just stains the food! I've tried them roasted/peeled, however...I think it's just something I've had my whole life with bell peppers. It's too bad because they are so colourful. Just looking at them makes my bum burn, though!

Chilles, on the otherhand don't bug me a bit. Weird.

Kate, IBS-D.

thanks for responding to the poll new
      #258452 - 04/16/06 07:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I also can eat all three and eat spicy Thai very often. I use a lot of garlic too; DH likes all of that stuff!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I'm going to jump in here.. new
      #258508 - 04/17/06 10:19 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I can handle WELL cooked onions- they have to be cooked until clear.. or powdered onion..

Garlic has never (thankfully) been an issue

as far as hot pepper, etc spice- mild is ok, even most peoples idea of medium, but if it gets too hot it causes issues... and since my DH is king of superhot and grows and processes his own hot peppers I have to find ways around it

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#258515 - 04/17/06 11:15 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I can eat Garlic & onion, well cooked, but I'm cautios with the spicy. Right before I had this past flare-up with IBS, I was eating alot of spicey stuff. I would put red crushed pepper on almost anything! No more for me.
It's funny, looking back now, how bad I was eating right before my IBS kicked in again.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#258517 - 04/17/06 11:53 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

So far those things do not bother me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7352

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review