All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
"Flu like symptoms"???
      #258033 - 04/13/06 11:29 AM
ErinB

Reged: 04/11/06
Loc: Raleigh, NC

I had been under the impression in the past that IBS was just intestinal/gastrointestinal. I have chronic anemia and always get so exhausted, but I just read the article about bacteria on this board that mentions the "flu like symptoms so common among IBS patients." Now I was NEVER aware of that. Apparently my dr., even though he is very informative, never told me about any of this even though I've mentioned my exhaustion to him, but I've always chalked it up to anemia since taking an iron supplement at the onset *usually* helps.

What are some other symptoms people expierence that are non-intestinal, especially IBS-D people? I'm really learning a lot at this site, and the main thing I'm learning is I really knew nothing about IBS before coming here!

Thanks!

--------------------
Erin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IBS-D, GERD...
I got it comin' outta 1 end or the other!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Flu like symptoms"??? new
      #258092 - 04/13/06 04:06 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I have anemia as well, low red blood count due to the diet I follow. I also have lots of joint problems - especially in my feet and shoulders. I have fybrocystic breasts as well. And apparently these are all somehow related.
I am always tired b/c of the anemia, and the joint problems make the crutial exercising no fun at all. I do what I can - a low impact aerobics or aquabics class - but the dr's want me just to rest right now. (over 2 months of severe attacks after a long "remission") And not to wear any shoes except Burkenstock sandals until my feet are operated on in the fall. SUCKS!!!!! But, I do have my motorcycle license, and I'm looking forward to my training course in a couple weeks - my body better be ready, my mind already is!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 363 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review