All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
xifaxan-posting again
      #256950 - 04/07/06 12:59 PM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

I am posting this again. I see that 15 people looked at the post and can't believe there wouldnt one response. I looked back at the previous posts from Feb. but it wasnt helpful. So, again does anyone have any thoughts to it being effective for C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Xifaxan new
      #256988 - 04/07/06 04:01 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh! I'm sorry I didn't see your original post. I think based on the way this particular antibiotic works, it should be pretty effective against SIBO, figuring that it targets bacteria in the intestines, specifically. Some people on these boards have mentioned that it's worked wonders for them (AndreJ in the Crohn's and Colitis Board, for one).

I've tried antibiotics therapy (before there was Xifaxan), for a summer under a GI doc's supervision, but it wasn't effective for me. I did feel better while I was taking them, though, no D! But it always came back after a while. It is high on my list to try.

~nelly~

Re: xifaxan-posting again new
      #257009 - 04/07/06 05:19 PM
kmk

Reged: 01/11/06
Loc: NY

I'll post more on Monday (afternoon) when I get journal access at work and can take a look at the studies done so far. Unfortuantely, the abstracts for the studies do not tell if it is D or C IBS people and I don't get free access at home unless I used the slow dial-up to the school. My guess would be they are probably D type...but at this point ony speculation based on what I know about the GI tract and gut flora. I'll look into it.

--------------------
Here...there....everywhere

Re: Xifaxan new
      #257048 - 04/07/06 08:27 PM
Terri4301

Reged: 06/03/05

Hi;
I'm primarily a D, but my doctor recommended this for me because I've had this condition for years and he thought it was worth a try. He said a very small percentage had seen their IBS disappear after this treatment. He had me take it for 1 week,and gave me a script for it if I reacted positively with it.
The most amazing thing it did for me is that I had absolutely no gas while I was on it. It helped my condition, but I still had the morning urgency and frequency towards the end of the week.

I wish I could say it "cured" me...I hope it's your answer.
I wish you the best!
Terri

Re: xifaxan-posting again new
      #257088 - 04/08/06 07:27 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You can bump a previous post if you don't get any answers to it or don't get enough or whatever. Just reply to your own original post, put something like "Bump - nt" or "Bump - please help - nt" in the Subject line and no text in the post itself. This sends your post back to the top of the queue and at the same time tells people you really need some feedback. It's easy for posts to get lost as they slip down the queue during the day.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#257090 - 04/08/06 07:30 AM
RobinV

Nelly, thanks so much for the response. My dr. has prescribed it for my C.

#257091 - 04/08/06 07:32 AM
RobinV

Thanks so much for your reply. My Dr. has prescribed it for me to help with the C. He wants me to be on it for 10 days then recycle it the next month for 10 days again. So I'll see.

#257126 - 04/08/06 11:15 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Let me know how is works for you, Robin! I have D, but since I usually feel so much better when I'm on antibiotics, I have a feeling it might be just what I need!

Best of luck to you!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4767 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review