All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
My Diet
      #256634 - 04/05/06 11:16 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Hi, I have been having trouble going lately.
Here is my diet.
Do you have any ideas as to why or what I can do?
I was thinking of adding Instant Oatmeal, gently, as it sometimes causes me to get dry, other times it makes me go.
3 tablespoons Benefiber
3 Acidophillus

Meal 1
1 cup Egg beaters (2-3 times a week)
Bowl Corn Chex
Oat Bran and Natural Applesauce

Meal 2
Turkey Breast Sandwich on White Bread w/lettace, light mayonnaise, hot peppers
Pretzels

Meal 3
1 cup Peaches
2 Graham Crackers
Roll

Meal 4
Chicken Breast
Rice/Couscous
Spinach

Meal 5
Corn Chex

1) Am I getting enough fiber?
2) Milk/Calcium. I have had trouble with Soy and Rice Milk. So I do not drink milk. I also stopped taking Calcium pills afraid they might cause constipation, am I doing any harm?
3) I am trying to get stronger at the gym, but I have been getting weaker. What can I do for the diet?
4) Is having carbs as my last meal bad?

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My Diet new
      #256636 - 04/06/06 01:07 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Naturepathic, I'm no expert, but that diet sounds pretty good. I eat more noodles, potatoes, carrots, etc to get more SF. Can you add more fruit? One needs calcium especially if you don't drink milk. Other foods have it, maybe you could search for them. Weight bearing exercise is good for your bones. If you balance Ca with magnesium, I don't think you would get constipated. Also. have you tried triphala? Bette

--------------------
(cool)

#256642 - 04/06/06 05:47 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

1) Am I getting enough fiber?
Looks like you're getting a good SF base with each meal. Now you need to add more IF (as much as you can safely). You should be eating IF with every meal even if it is in small quantity.

2) Milk/Calcium. I have had trouble with Soy and Rice Milk. So I do not drink milk. I also stopped taking Calcium pills afraid they might cause constipation, am I doing any harm?
You can also try Almond milk. Calcium pills should be taken with Magnesium. You can usually find one combo pill, ratio is roughly 2:1, 333mg of calcium to 160mg magnesium. Try starting with 1 pill a day, and work up (not sure for men? women should take 3 a day)

3) I am trying to get stronger at the gym, but I have been getting weaker. What can I do for the diet?
Eat as much protein as you can from safe sources like you are now. You could also look for a protein powder. Try doing a search on the boards for a safe one.

4) Is having carbs as my last meal bad?
Nope, but try getting some IF with it as well!

Ideas for IF:
berries - strawberries, blueberries etc (easier to tolerate if pureed)
cooked veggies - grean beans, tomatoes, broccoli (the more mushy/cooked the easier to tolerate)
nuts
whole grains - sometimes I mix in some brown rice or whole wheat pasta with white rice/pasta

Hope that helps,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#256729 - 04/06/06 10:48 AM
Naturapanic

Thanks. That is weird you say my diet is good because I still do not feel stable, I still feel c.

Back in Feb, before I tried a cleanse, I felt better than I had in a long time.
I don't get how it could take two months or longer to recover from a cleanse, I doubt it could take this long.
I don't know what the problem is.

I had instant oatmeal today, it made me go, but after I feel distress in my stomach, and this was something I could tolerate fine months ago.
I don't get why I am not back to how I was.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#256735 - 04/06/06 11:06 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

I think that Kat gave you some excellent advice, and I think that you definitely need to be adding more insoluble fiber into your diet.
If you are still C, you need more to help things move along.

Also, exercise and other things like yoga can help with C as well.
Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids as well.
Try a cup of hot water with lemon in it in the morning to get things moving as well.

Good luck,
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#256780 - 04/06/06 02:40 PM
K2

You're diet is a great start. It will take time to incorporate IF and start having normal BMs that don't involve the uncomfort after. You're not quite at your 'prime diet' so be patient and keep adding IF. Hopefully in the next few months you'll improve more. It can take a while to stabilize, and from what I can tell on this site, most IBS-C take a bit longer to stabilize. I've never had a clense done, but I imaging it was quite a shock to the system, and yes it can take quite a while to recover the balance.

Since you're already keeping track of what you're eating, I'd suggest posting on the IBS Fitness and Lifestyle Board. People report in what exercise & food they had for the day. I'm gonna get back to doing that too (lost my motivation a little bit).

Kat

--------------------
Kat

#256853 - 04/06/06 08:43 PM
Naturapanic

Hmmm, so you really think the cleanse, which was last done almost TWO months ago, is why I still am not back to being "nearly" stable?

Well, today I tried instant oatmeal.
It made me go, then my stomach felt cramped, knotted, no pain, just physical knotting, through now.
I have also not gone since.

So what does this indicate, that I can't handle IF?
Should I still have instant oatmeal, will my body ajust?
I tried today incorporating more an dyou see what happened.
Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#256857 - 04/06/06 08:50 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Not everyone is okay with oatmeal, but it doesn't mean you can't handle IF. Try having different IF's, but incorporate it slowly.

#256859 - 04/06/06 08:56 PM
DOTT

Reged: 03/12/06

hello

i eat for my blood type and i found a big difference

dot

#256862 - 04/06/06 09:17 PM
Naturapanic

Quote:

Not everyone is okay with oatmeal, but it doesn't mean you can't handle IF. Try having different IF's, but incorporate it slowly.

I had Tomatoe Sauce two weeks ago, same thing happened.
I'm not sure what other IF to try.
It still shocks me because before the cleanse in early Feb, I could handle this stuff without trouble, I mean come on, I was on the cleanse for less than two weeks, it is amazing if this is still to blame.

Does it look like for c I am getting enough fiber, or do I need more?
I am in a bind, if I do need greater fiber, because I am afraid of being sick as I was today.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#256887 - 04/07/06 07:18 AM
K2

Yeah I remember you posting about the Tomato sauce. I'd stay away from it until you're a bit more stable, then play around with different kinds trying to find one that you're ok with. It took me I think 4 types before I found a safe one for me. Of course, I've always been making homemade stuff that I'm fine with, so if you're up for doing that then it would be safer.

Some things I found the easiest to handle was blueberries mixed in with cereal or muffins, and whole wheat rice/pasta mixed in with my white rice/pasta, and very very well cooked green beans.

I didn't mean to say you're still suffering the effects of the cleanse. What I meant was that it threw your stomach off course a little, and it will take some time to reach a balance. The digestive system is very routine-dependent, so changes can take a while to register completely.

Hope this is helping you..
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#256971 - 04/07/06 02:47 PM
Naturapanic

Thanks again.
I am surprised it takes this long for the stomach to get back to normal.
I am relieved if this is still the aftermath of the cleanse, but disturbed nonetheless.
I didn't realize it was THIS potent.

Here is what I was thinking.
Enough fiber?
Meal 1
1 cup Egg beaters (2-3 times a week)
Bowl Corn Chex

Meal 2
Turkey Breast Sandwich on White Bread w/lettace, light mayonnaise, hot peppers
Pretzels
Peaches/Applesauce

Meal 3
Tuna Sandwich
Oat Bran with Applesauce

Meal 4
Chicken Breast
Rice/Couscous
Spinach

Meal 5
Protein Shake w/banana
Oat Bran Applesauce

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Can any C'ers help out here? new
      #257011 - 04/07/06 05:32 PM
K2

I am IBS-D so I'm hoping I'm giving you helpful info, but I think another IBS-C could help out more here!

I must say looking at what you ate, the only IF I see is lettuce, hot peppers and spinach. If you weren't feeling too much discomfort/pain with what you ate today then I suggest eating more IF tomorrow, a bit with every meal. Try looking at Heather's cheat sheet and pick some foods from the IF column.

Oat bran is both soluble/insoluble fiber, so I'm not sure if that really counts as IF. You do seem to be getting a good SF base with every meal, so that's good.

Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257023 - 04/07/06 06:30 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

I also had spinach today and had an attack but I was thinking it was the potato I ate before I read this. Maybe I was wrong?

I suppose it could be the spinach but I didn't feel the bad discomfort until I ate the potato or about 20 minutes afterwards. Don't attacks usually come immediately following what you ate or within 1/2 hour or so?

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

#257030 - 04/07/06 07:14 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Spinach gives me a BIG problem! I can't tolerate it at all.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#257039 - 04/07/06 08:05 PM
Naturapanic

Hey again thanks.
I think applesauce to go with pears has IF too.
Heather's diet did not say how much IF to have per day, I assumed I was getting a sufficent amount.
I was going to add one can of spinach, instead of a half.

I really want to be sure with this one can I will now be getting enough to be on the safe end.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257059 - 04/07/06 09:45 PM
Gracie

Attacks are not always immediate. They can be delayed for a day or so.

#257063 - 04/07/06 10:22 PM
Naturapanic

Today's Diet

Meal 1
1 cup Egg Whites with Earth Balance Light Butter
1 Bowl Corn Chex
Oat Bran with Applesauce

Meal 2
2 Graham Crackers
Applesauce

Meal 3
Turkey Sandwich on White Bread with Lettace, Hot Peppers, Light Mayonnaise
Peaches
Pretzels

Meal 4
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Roll with Smart Balance Light Butter
Turkey slices

Meal 5
Tuna sandwich with Spinach

Meal 6
White Rice
Spinach

Meal 7
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Egg White Protein Drink

4 spoons Benefiber
90 oz water

I am still c, despite this. Granted, I only had this diet today, but the diet before I had been doing for awhile.
I used to be fine, I do not understand why I am c as it stands.
I added one more Oat Bran with Applesauce, doubled the Spinach, added more water, and one more spoon of Benefiber, this is plenty of fiber, whats the deal.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257077 - 04/08/06 06:26 AM
LostCode

Okay, thanks. Then I'm guessing it was probably the spinach then. I'll give the potato another try since it's on the SF list. Be careful of the spinach Naturapanic, it caused a pretty bad attack for me.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

#257080 - 04/08/06 06:55 AM
Gracie

You need to give it time.

Have you tried a fruit smoothie yet?

#257082 - 04/08/06 06:59 AM
Flipada

I'd cut out all spinach and try another green veggie or another IF. Spinach causes problems with a lot of people.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Naturapanic new
      #257084 - 04/08/06 07:05 AM
Gracie

Until you get Heather's books use this cheat sheet for guidance. Choose some IF's from the list.

#257179 - 04/08/06 09:08 PM
Naturapanic

Quote:

You need to give it time.

Have you tried a fruit smoothie yet?

Thanks!
No, I have not had a smoothe because fructose I am sensitive to.
I might try Apple Cider.
I honestly can not believe I am regressing.

I was doing very good until two months ago when I started the cleanse, but again that was twon ago.
Since, it has been up and down, back and fourth, but after having Instant Oatmeal Thursday, I have been through today c, as bad as it has been.
I am going, but they are poor.

I wonder if it is time I switch from Benefiber to Acadia.
I also wonder if Serequel, even at the lowest dose of 25 mg, is to blame.
My doctor says no, but why else, not eating any bad foods, would I regress so much.

Today's Diet

Meal 1
Corn Chex
Oat Bran with Applesauce

Meal 2
Swordfish with Rice
Baked Beans

Meal 3
Graham Crackers
Peaches

Meal 4
Chicken
Rice Noodles

Meal 5
Roll
2 cups Spinach

Meal 6
Oat Bran with Applesauce
1/2 cup Quick Oats

3 spoons Benefiber
64 oz water

I had a lot of fiber, a lot of soluable fiber, and the c gets worse today, I am baffled.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257193 - 04/09/06 07:17 AM
Flipada

Why are you still eating spinach? Many people on this board have said to you that spinach may be your problem and yet each time you write out your diet, spinach is in it. Do you like it so much that you're afraid to find out that spinach could be the problem? Is it just the easiest IF for you to incorporate? Seriously, if you're so frustrated with the fact that you are regressing you might want to try taking the advice of cutting the spinach out of your diet. At least for a few days and see how you feel. You might be surprised.

--------------------
**Lauren**

#257206 - 04/09/06 08:28 AM
Naturapanic

The reason I keep in Spinach is because when I was doing my best, I was having Spinach.
The Spinach was a staple of my diet when I peaked, in fact, many times when I would be c, after 1-2 days of eating Spinach I would be all set.
Of course, it is canned and cooked.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257209 - 04/09/06 08:38 AM
K2

The spinach may have worked for you when you were doing better, but now it may just be a little tought to handle until you get more stable. Obviously the spinach isn't working right now. Also, to add more spinach in one sitting is not what you should be trying to do. You want to spread out your IF as much as possible in the day so you don't trigger your stomach too much.

My advice is this:
-cut out the spinach
-add a few new forms of IF from Heather's cheat sheet list to each and every meal in small quantity
-don't count on the Oat Bran & applesauce to be enough IF, it just isn't enough (I'm a D and it doesn't even make me go..) it is good for you so keep it, just add more IF to each meal..

I hope you take the spinach advice, I still have yet to be able to tolerate it and I've been stable for months.
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257280 - 04/09/06 06:26 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

That's odd. Spinach is probably my safest form of IF. I puree it. I generally combine it with another SF veggie, i.e. mushrooms or beets or carrots or spaghetti squash or zucchini, or avocado, etc. I can easily eat 2 cups in a sitting without a problem (D or C). I even eat it for breakfast.

I promise I'm not pop-eyed.

I do find it ultra gentle, however, if there is another high SF veggie (or fruit) involved. It's one of the few veggies that don't even potentially bother me enough to take Beano for, oddly enough.

Perhaps, try infusing smaller doses if IF throughout the day, versus hitting your system with a high-test dose, i.e. 2 c. spinach--especially if you are hyper-sensitive to spinach, lately. Also, sometimes we get in an undesirable IBS-status stasis when we do not vary our menus enough. It doesn't have to amount to much variety, please not. Maybe try some different grains and alternative snacks, including safely prepared fruits/veggies.

Kate, IBS-D.

Naturapanic new
      #257296 - 04/09/06 08:02 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

[Note: I'm D, not C, but here's my advice anyway ]

Like Kate, spinach is one my safest IF sources too. Remember that everyone's a bit different when it comes to which sources are safer than others.

Naturapanic - I really think you need to add more IF, and then you need to stick to it, be patient, and relax. Don't worry about switching your SFS now, just stick with the Benefiber. If you're C, you need to add more IF because you really are not eating enough (I eat way more than you do!) Remember that adding IF should be at each meal - not 2 cups of spinach at one meal!!! That would kill me. Have 1/2 cup 4x a day instead. Also don't be afraid to add fruit. There is very little fructose in fruit compared with fruit juices. (There's more in cider than in applesauce.)

Think about ALL you meals this way:

SF + IF + protein

ALL your meals should have a source of each, with a little more SF than IF and plenty of protein (to help you out in the gym).

Other than that, plug your diet into fitday.com if you're worried about not getting enough protein or calcium - it will tell you with numbers much better than we can here. (For protein, since you're weightlifting, you should be aiming for 0.8-1g protein per lb of bodyweight per day.)

Also, yes you're probably still feeling the cleanse. Think of your gut like a system or a factory or something. It needs time to get working again. The longer you go without disrupting the regular work - eating triggers, doing a cleanse, stress, loss of sleep etc. - the better it's going to work for you. And yes it might be the drug you're taking too. (Doctors are not always completely knowledgeable about how sensitive the IBS gut is.) If it is though (and I'm not saying that it is, it just might be) that just means you're probably going to have to be a bit more patient and diligent.

Quote:

had a lot of fiber, a lot of soluable fiber, and the c gets worse today, I am baffled.

This is because you need IF too! You're not getting enough! SF is very important, but IF is just as important. It's all about balance and finding what the right balance is FOR YOU (it's different for everyone).

Remember: SF + IF + protein

HTH.

Re: Naturapanic *DELETED* new
      #257298 - 04/09/06 09:05 PM
Naturapanic

Post deleted by Naturapanic

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257549 - 04/11/06 08:30 AM
Naturapanic

I really wanted to thank you for your help.

I had an observation, followed by a question, I was hoping to get help on so I might get back on track. OK so last week when I had Instant Oatmeal, my reaction was to go, then I was c the rest of the day, followed by extreme upper and lower stomach distress. Over the weekend, I tried regular oatmeal, again the same problem happened. In fact, almost two days later, my stomach still feels in distress.
1) Is this a common reaction to insolubale fiber?

I am also noticing that when I go to the bathroom, I feel better initally, then mor ebloated after followed by a feeling of dryness.
Again, this has me wondering if my stomach is still recovering from the insoluable fiber over the weekend.
I continue to feel like I am not thoroughly emptying myself when I go.
Given my reaction to insolubale fiber, but along with the fact
1) I am c, with poor movements
2) have fared well with Oat Bran and Applesauce two times a day, and 1/2 can of Spinach in that I do not get an Oatmeal reaction after, I wanted to know what your advice is so that I can be regular and not be getting spasms.

I was thinking of trying this diet.
My estimation is, this would give me 35 grams of fiber, spread out.

Meal 1
Corn Chex
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Egg beaters

Meal 2
Turkey Sandwich with Lettace, Light Mayonnaise, Hot Peppers
Pretzels
Applesauce

Meal 3
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Tuna Sandwich
Peaches

Meal 4
Chicken
Rice
Spinach

Meal 5
Protein shake
Oat Bran with Applesauce

3 spoons Benefiber
1-1.5 gallons of water

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257571 - 04/11/06 10:41 AM
Wind

Honestly, I think you need a little variety in your diet. I think you should include small doses of IF at all meals, accompanied by SF. Just eating the same thing, daily, can put you in a "rut." Your body will protest/rebel--it's just nature! You're doing great, but with IBS, time and sensitivity is required. I think, also, that you could benefit from hypno. You do not sound like you are enjoying what you are eating. You sound (and I'm using my intuition here, so tell me if I'm way off base), as though you are tense when you are eating. This kind of psychic energy while eating is very detrimental for IBS. It is insulting to the gut. Breathe deeply, surround yourself with loving energy. Eat in a relaxed frame of mind.

Seriously, I do not think you are safely incorporating IF into you diet and I see you going in circles obsessing. I have IBS-D and I incorporate more IF in my diet. I think, you might do better trying to incorporate IF from a diversity of fruits/veggies versus grains. Maybe you're eating too many oat-based products? I find IF from fruits/veggies easier to tolerate, personally.

I'm sorry--I hear your frustration and I see how earnest you are for positive/desirable results--effective IBS-C management.

Kate, IBS-D.

#257654 - 04/11/06 05:35 PM
Naturapanic

Thank you for your response.
I thought, getting 35 grams of dietary fiber, was sufficent.
I also though dietary fiber=insoluable fiber as well.

I know in the past, what worked for me was
-2 bowls of Oat Bran and Applesauce
-1 bowl of Instant Oatmeal
-1-2 cups Spinach
-Sandwichs on Rye Bread

Unfortunately, for whatever reason right now, I am struggling to handle Instant Oatmeal.
Here is what I think I will do.
-Use Rye Bread
-Use Frutis with my protein shake
-Have a lot more French bread as snacks

Illustrated below

Meal 1
Corn Chex
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Egg beaters

Meal 2
Turkey Sandwich with Lettace, Light Mayonnaise, Hot Peppers on Rye Bread
Pretzels
Applesauce

Meal 3
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Tuna Sandwich/French Bread
Peaches

Meal 4
Chicken
Rice
Spinach

Meal 5
Protein shake with strawberries
Oat Bran with Applesauce

3 spoons Benefiber
1-1.5 gallons of water

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257655 - 04/11/06 05:37 PM
Naturapanic

Again, I am under the impression 35 grams of Dietary fiber
1) Is insolubale fiber and 2) Sufficent.

Is this not valid?
Would you mind either sharing with me your diet or how much insoluable fiber you consume?

I also am on a medication which can lead to constipation, but at a low dose of 25 mg, when the limit is 700 mg.
Serequel.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Soluble and insoluble info new
      #257657 - 04/11/06 05:45 PM
K2

Have you read all of Heather's info on the 2 types of fiber?
soluble fiber: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber1.asp
insoluble fiber: http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber2.asp

On each page she lists a bunch of food choices for that type of fiber.
Your diet right now is mostly soluble fiber. I said before, this is a good base, but now you really need to add insoluble fiber. Adding more oatmeal, oat bran, applesauce, and peaches will only add more soluble fiber, and not enough insoluble fiber.

Check out the list of insoluble fiber foods, and add those to every meal. You are currently not getting nearly enough insoluble fiber. As for how much insoluble fiber? Eat as much as you can safely without symptoms. Keep eating plenty of soluble fiber as well.

I really want to make sure it's all clear to you, so let me know if you have any questions still about the IF vs SF.
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257682 - 04/11/06 07:13 PM
Naturapanic

Hi, thanks.
I have read and reread the list many times.

Perhaps I am confused.
I just read the labels on Benefiber, Oat Bran, Applesauce, Peaches, and Rye Bread.
Benefiber has 3 grams of Dietary Fiber per serving
Oat Bran has 5 grams of Dietary Fiber per serving
Applesauce has 1 gram of Dietary Fiber per serving
Peaches have 1 gram of Dietary Fiber per serving
Rye Bread has 2 grams of Dietary Fiber per serving

Because I thought Dietary Fiber=Insolubale Fiber, I am getting over 30 grams.
Am I missing something?
The reason I kept adding Oat Bran was because of the Insoluable Fiber, have I made a misconception?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257684 - 04/11/06 07:23 PM
K2

Dietary fiber = soluble fiber + insoluble fiber.
This could mean a food with 3g of dietary fiber has 3 grams of only soluble fiber, or maybe a mix of the two, or maybe only insoluble.

The foods you listed with the corresponding dietary fiber amount are all mostly soluble fiber.
The easiest way to know what foods are insoluble fiber is to follow Heather's lists.

"The reason I kept adding Oat Bran was because of the Insoluable Fiber, have I made a misconception?"
Oat Bran is at least half soluble fiber. I'm IBS-D and can eat this on an empty stomach ie: not much insoluble fiber in there. To compare, Wheat bran is about 1/5 soluble fiber, so mostly insoluble.
You need to get yourself a list of foods you like and can tolerate that are 'pure IF' so you can simply add them in to meals. Also, you want to get some variety in there!

Does this help?
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257712 - 04/11/06 10:09 PM
Naturapanic

It sure does help!

I wish I knew before dietary fiber is not completely insoluable fiber, but good to get that eventually.
When it is stated we need 35 grams of fiber, is this insoluable or dietary fiber they are speaking?

The reason I do not have too much variety is because I am trying to get things under control, and in order to do so, temporarliy I feel better doing it without taking risks.
I do not want to guess what works at this moment, and ste myself back.
I would rather use a limited variety until things clear up, then add some more stuff.
For instance, last week I tried instant oatmeal, I tried quick oats, and had to pay a bad price, therefore I think for the time being a smaller dose is smarter.

That said, I went ahead and had this as my diet.

Meal 1
Corn Chex
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Egg beaters

Meal 2
Turkey Sandwich with Lettace, Light Mayonnaise, Hot Peppers on Rye Bread
Pretzels
Applesauce

Meal 3
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Tuna Sandwich/French Bread
Peaches

Meal 4
Chicken
Rice
Spinach

Meal 5
Protein shake with 1 cup strawberries
Corn Chex

As you can see, I added insoluable fiber, 1 cup of strawberries in a blender, as my last meal.
How is that?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#257742 - 04/12/06 06:02 AM
K2

Strawberries in a blended smoothies is a great idea. If you did well with that then keep having it.

Variety does take a while, lot of trial and error to figure out how much you can tolerate of one food, but keep trying.

As for how much fiber? I'm not sure on numbers, but you want to find a balance for the amount of soluble fiber you need in order to feel well + the amount of insoluble fiber you need to get regular BMs.

If you did fine with the 1 cup strawberries in a shake, great! Keep that meal as is. Now try adding some IF to another meal.

Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257957 - 04/12/06 09:45 PM
Naturapanic

A couple of things.
I am wondering if I should try the What To Eat When You Can't Eat Anything Diet.
It seems I have a lot of stomach distress.

Or, I wonder if I should simply increase fiber.

Here is my observation.
Yes, I am going, but not great or regular.
I went several times today.
None of them were complete.
I felt instant relief, then, 10 minutes later, I felt very much bloated and worse off then before, as if going to the bathroom set off a chain.

This is reminiscent of last year when I would go to the bathroom and feel worse, only after adding more fiber did I get improvement.

At the same time, I do notice when I have Quick Oats, Instant Oatmeal, or Tomatoe Sauce, all containing fiber, I get a very harsh feeling.

So this has me confused on if 1) I can handle fiber 2) if I need to add more to what I have.

I do think, if I do have to increase, I will try buying stir fry veggies, and suating them with chilli paste.

I do know two weeks ago when I went to a Chinese restaraunt and ordered a spicy Thai dish containing stir fry veggies and mushrooms, enough to have on two straight nights, I felt better than I had in awhile.

I'm confused as to what my step should be.
On one hand I can not help but ponder, if I add more stir fry veggies and Oatmeal, if this will lead to better trips to bathroom, getting more out, but I worry it could be like Tomatoe Sauce and cause havoc.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#258017 - 04/13/06 09:30 AM
Naturapanic

I don't know if this sounds like IBS A or not, but the same thing happened again this morning.

I concluded last night by having a protein shake with 1 cup strawberries and oat bran with applesauce.

I wake up, go to the bathroom, and feel somewhat better. I have my breakfast, corn chex, oat bran with applesauce, and Benefiber.

I go to the bathroom again, having a big movement. I feel better. Then, ten minutes later, I feel worse. I feel more bloated, my stomach is distressed.

So I don't know if the solution is to keep adding more insoluable fiber, or go on the What To Eat When You Can't EAt for a few days.
Food is not making me feel bad, I feel bad in general and after the bathroom.
I don't want to add more insoluable fiber and make this worse, but I don't want to have only soluable fiber and not go.

Maybe it's time to ask to be off the Serequel, even at 25 mgs, you got to wonder if this to blame.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Fructose sensitivity new
      #258061 - 04/13/06 01:52 PM
karabear

Reged: 04/02/06
Loc: Houston, Texas

Hi!

On a side note to your post, how did you find out you were sensitive to fructose? Did you take the test or was it by your reactions after eating certain high fructose foods?

Just curious because I think I may be sensitive to fructose due to really bad bloating, stinky gas and very loose stools (when I'm normally ibs-c) after eating things like pears, apples, raisins...

This is a recent discovery for me so just wondering what your experience was.

Thanks!

--------------------
Kara

Re: Just a sidenote on oat bran and oatmeal.... new
      #258082 - 04/13/06 03:45 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

I'm IBS-D, but I am extremely sensitive to oatmeal. So much so that I really can't tolerate very much at all. I would try eliminating it altogether and then seeing if there's a difference. Remember, people are sensitive to different things - this might be something that particularly irritates your tum.
Oat meal and brown rice are in the insoluble fibre class, but are considered the most gentle (partly soluble). It could be that you're just not tolerating them well. Try some other things and see if there's a dif.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#258095 - 04/13/06 04:23 PM
Naturapanic

I know fructose bothers me because when I eat foods containing high fructose corn syrup, I feel a lot worse.

I used to handle oatmeal well, the thing is, I feel bad overall, NOT just when eating.
This is what makes me confused on if I should add more insolubale fiber, Eat Only Solubale Fiber for a few days, or stop Serequel.

I always can pinpoint why I feel bad, but for the last week, I simply have been a mess for no apparent reason, making me wonder if it would be simply there Serequel doing the trick.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#258100 - 04/13/06 04:31 PM
Gracie

The fructose corn syrup is quite different than the fructose you get in actual fruits so try it out for a few months and see how you feel.

Although I'm an A, I've found that sweet potatoes (or yams) are very fiberous and can get things moving. Try having one daily, or every other day and see if it's good for you.

#258101 - 04/13/06 04:35 PM
Gracie

It could be like HanSolo said, you might be sensitive to oatmeal. Try sweet potatoes, I find them to be a good source of fibre and easy on the tummy.

#258114 - 04/13/06 06:22 PM
Naturapanic

I will, my concern is, I have not had oatmeal in days.
Nonetheless, my stomach has been terrible this week, indicating the oatmeal can't be to blame fully.
I have been eating a strict diet, nothing which should cause such problems, and I am getting frustrated.

I had this IBS under control until I took the cleanse and went on Serequel, but that was two months ago.
Despite a good diet, albeit low on insolubale fiber, my stomach is quite distressed.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#258117 - 04/13/06 06:31 PM
Wind

I have IBS-D. Generally, I consume over 40 grams of assorted fibers each day. I cannot tolerate supplements. I generally average around 48-50g of fiber (around 50-ish, lately, because I'm back to my vegan wits).

Are you consuming enough fluid throughout the day? I find that steady doses of fiber work. I do think you might want to do a little bit of an elimination trial with some of your frequent foods (i.e. oatbran, corn chex) to see which one might be the culprit.

I like your idea of strawberries! Do you enjoy smoothies? Do you have a food processor? It makes IF (generally, i.e. when stable) a breeze--in combination with SF, of course.

I understand your frustration with Seroquel and it's constipating effect. I am sorry.

Kate, IBS-D.

#258121 - 04/13/06 07:43 PM
Gracie

What is Serequel used for?

#258159 - 04/14/06 07:01 AM
Naturapanic

I don't know how Corn Chex cereal is to blame, that is listed as a safe food.
What I really am gasped to understand is why in the abscene of bad foods am I not better, and why going to the bathroom makes my stomach worse.

I really hope it is the Serequel, I just don't get the regression.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Fructose new
      #258193 - 04/14/06 10:45 AM
retrograde

Quote:

I know fructose bothers me because when I eat foods containing high fructose corn syrup, I feel a lot worse.

As Gracie said, these are two very different things!!

HFCS is pretty much a universal trigger among IBSers (and it's just plain bad for everyone). Fructose - i.e. in fruits, honey etc. - is very different. Just because you can't handle HFCS DOES NOT mean you shouldn't eat fruit! If you think you might have a fructose intollerance, get tested.

#258194 - 04/14/06 10:48 AM
retrograde

Kat already answered this quite well, but I just want to make sure it's clear...

Quote:

Perhaps I am confused.
I just read the labels on Benefiber, Oat Bran, Applesauce, Peaches, and Rye Bread.
Benefiber has 3 grams of Dietary Fiber per serving This is all SF
Oat Bran has 5 grams of Dietary Fiber per serving This is about half SF and half IF
Applesauce has 1 gram of Dietary Fiber per serving SF
Peaches have 1 gram of Dietary Fiber per serving If these are canned peaches (without the skins) then this is probably all SF
Rye Bread has 2 grams of Dietary Fiber per serving I *think* that this is mostly IF with some SF, or maybe more like half and half, not sure...

Because I thought Dietary Fiber=Insolubale Fiber, I am getting over 30 grams.
Am I missing something?
The reason I kept adding Oat Bran was because of the Insoluable Fiber, have I made a misconception?

Yup Is it clear now though?

I second this! new
      #258195 - 04/14/06 10:50 AM
retrograde

Naturapanic - I just though that Kate gave you some really good advice here and wanted to make sure you (re)read it and took it to heart

Quote:

Honestly, I think you need a little variety in your diet. I think you should include small doses of IF at all meals, accompanied by SF. Just eating the same thing, daily, can put you in a "rut." Your body will protest/rebel--it's just nature! You're doing great, but with IBS, time and sensitivity is required. I think, also, that you could benefit from hypno. You do not sound like you are enjoying what you are eating. You sound (and I'm using my intuition here, so tell me if I'm way off base), as though you are tense when you are eating. This kind of psychic energy while eating is very detrimental for IBS. It is insulting to the gut. Breathe deeply, surround yourself with loving energy. Eat in a relaxed frame of mind.

Seriously, I do not think you are safely incorporating IF into you diet and I see you going in circles obsessing. I have IBS-D and I incorporate more IF in my diet. I think, you might do better trying to incorporate IF from a diversity of fruits/veggies versus grains. Maybe you're eating too many oat-based products? I find IF from fruits/veggies easier to tolerate, personally.

I'm sorry--I hear your frustration and I see how earnest you are for positive/desirable results--effective IBS-C management.

Re: Corn Chex / Sequerel new
      #258196 - 04/14/06 10:52 AM
retrograde

Not saying that you are, but *some people* (myself included) have difficulties with corn. I cannot eat corn as a vegetable (i.e. frozen or canned corn, corn on the cob etc.) at all without getting violent D. I can't eat a 100% corn cereal like corn flakes or corn chex (or baked corn chips even) without getting pain and bloating. (I'm generally ok with cereals that are only part corn, like Crispix.)

Just a thought. Maybe try leaving it out for a week and seeing how you do?

Quote:

I'm sure that this is definitely part of it. Meds (i.e. meds for things other than IBS) can make dealing with IBS difficult. Instead of getting frustrated though, you should take this as meaning just that this setback is not your fault. It does not mean you're doomed though. It probably just means you have to give your gut some time to adjust. If you are concerned though, maybe talk to your doctor to see if you can change meds for one that's not consipating? (I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or even an option for you right now though of course.)

Edited by retrograde (04/14/06 10:56 AM)

#258217 - 04/14/06 03:17 PM
ErinB

Reged: 04/11/06
Loc: Raleigh, NC

What about that breaed that has 5 grames of fiber per serving? Here is the list of ingredients in order:
water, whole wheat flour, soy fiber, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, yeast. contains 2% or less of each of the following: corn bran, wheat bran, soybean oil, fish oil, salt, soy flour, calcium sulfate, cultured whey, vinegar, monocalcium phosphate

My problem is I need to add the soluble fiber to my diet. Almost any carbs I eat are insoluble which would maybe be ok if I had IBS-C, but I have IBS-D.

Thanks

--------------------
Erin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IBS-D, GERD...
I got it comin' outta 1 end or the other!

#258227 - 04/14/06 04:11 PM
Gracie

Whole wheat products need to be eaten with caution and High fructose corn syrup is an IBS trigger. You should try white french, or sourdough bread. If you have glycemic problems you'll need to find SF foods low in sugar like quinoa, yams, avocados, etc

I just read an article by Dr. Perricone and he said that from 1970 - 1990 HFCS consumption has risen 1000 percent. Prior to the 1970's this product did not exist and the rise in consumption corresponds closely with the sharp rise in obesity rates seen in recent years.

ErinB new
      #258310 - 04/15/06 10:19 AM
retrograde

Quote:

What about that breaed that has 5 grames of fiber per serving? Here is the list of ingredients in order:
water, whole wheat flour, soy fiber, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, yeast. contains 2% or less of each of the following: corn bran, wheat bran, soybean oil, fish oil, salt, soy flour, calcium sulfate, cultured whey, vinegar, monocalcium phosphate

My problem is I need to add the soluble fiber to my diet. Almost any carbs I eat are insoluble which would maybe be ok if I had IBS-C, but I have IBS-D.

Thanks

Same goes for IBS-C and IBS-D - if you're looking for more SF, this is not the bread to do it with. In fact, don't eat this bread at all - it contains two major triggers, HFCS and dairy (whey). If you want an SF wheat bread, look for breads that have as the first or second ingredient as white flour or enriched flour (which is white flour). HTH.

#258325 - 04/15/06 12:06 PM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

You didnt mention how much water you are drinking. From my experience you need to drink a ton of water with fiber or it will clog you up even more.

Re: ErinB new
      #258330 - 04/15/06 12:19 PM
ErinB

Thanks! I'm going grocery shopping this weekend, so I'll look for a new bread then. Makes me wonder if that is why I get D when I go to my favorite restaurant with deli style sandwhiches. I'll have to ask them if I can get a list of ingredients for their bread.

Erin

--------------------
Erin
IBS-D, GERD...

#258331 - 04/15/06 12:27 PM
ErinB

The problem is for me that I have 4 major illnesses/diseases that regulate what I can eat. On one hand I'm insulin resistant so I need to stay away from both sugar and processed carbs (i.e., white bread) and I'm supposed to eat whole wheat. Then I'm iron deficient anemic which means I have to take iron supplements, but wheat blocks absorption of iron. Then I have no gall bladder so I have to be extremely low fat (which rules out those avocados), and then the IBS-D! I'm really struggling to find a way to accomodate ALL of these. I know my church has a couple of dieticians, but I don't know who they are so I've asked an elder to help me connect with them. Hopefully that will happen and they can help me with planning meals and everything. I'm working on making a list of foods I can't eat and required foods by disease and then foods I just won't eat b/c I don't like them and we'll see if I can get some help from one of the women at church b/c I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I used to think the IBS and Insulin resistance were more in line b/c with both I need fiber, but now learning that they are actually against each other! GRRRR! I really hate this! I'm wanting to try th IBS diet book, but I'm not going to get it until I've talked with a dietician/nutritionist first. Thanks for the input!

--------------------
Erin
IBS-D, GERD...

#258332 - 04/15/06 01:17 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03

OMG, Erin, that's a lot to deal with, sweetie! Here's a couple of thoughts - although I agree with you wholly - you need to see a dietician. Take all of your dietary needs for all 4 illnesses and start highlighting foods that are the same.
1. - Iron supplements may actually HELP if you're prone to Diarrhea. It will "firm things up".
2. Extremely low fat is good for all of your conditions - so that's a plus. Finally, something that agrees.
3. If you can't have processed carbs, I would recommend trying oatmeal and brown rice. They're technically on the "insoluble" side, but are the mildest forms, and you're likely to best tolerate them.
4. What is insulin resistant? I really don't know. I know my father has diabetes, and has no gall bladder either. He follows a low fat low sugar diet - those for people with heart and diabetes issues (he had a triple bypass) My cousin has diabetes and IBS, and she has so far been OK with processed carbs in controlled amounts. She is just careful to check her sugar regularly. Especially after meals.
As for the IBS book - it does have recipes that have fair amounts of sugar, and soluble fibre. Heather has been generous enough that she has posted practically all the dietary info from her book on the website - so I would read it all very thoroughly.
5. I think that a fiber supplement is going to be CRUCIAL for you. I would try Heather's Acacia, Benefiber, Equalactin, Citrucel. If you've got it coming out both ends, avoid anything with psyllium fibre - it is a strong irritant to the GI tract. The fibre supplement will give you the SF cushion you need, without much of the processed carbs and sugar associated with breads, etc. I cannot stress this enough. I think if you have ANY hope in getting this all figured out, a fibre supplement is number one.
6. TONS of fluids never hurt anyone. I highly recommend peppermint tea. It's great keeping the colon relaxed and not in spasm (D or C), and it can also relieve pain and tummy upset. Try several strong hot cups a day.
Let me know what you think with all of this. We're all here to help you. I'm a moderator here - so if there's anything I can do for you, let me know. You can also e-mail me at hansolo890@hotmail.com
hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#258340 - 04/15/06 02:31 PM
ErinB

Thanks! I remembered a 5th problem, GERD, so acidic and spicy foods can be a problem too, but doesn't really conflict with anything, like the low fat due to my gall bladder.

I thought that Oatmeal was on the SF list?? I already have benefiber powder and citrucel caps. The problem is actually taking them on a regular basis. I have an awful short term memory and any habits I did not form before I had radiation in 1995 are almost impossible for me to form now. I seem to only remember the fiber supplements when I have an attack.

Insulin resistance is like diabetes, I have a friend who is diabetic that takes insulin shots and we were talking about how we have similar eating issues, but for opposite reasons. Her diabetes she had too little blood suger, but the insulin resistance is too much blood sugar. What happens is that in a normal person, cells in your body recognize the insulin as carriers of sugar and accept that for energy, but with insulin resistance, your body doesn't recognize the insulin the so sugar you eat stays in your blood basically. It's more complicated than that, but that is the short version. Like with diabetes, people with insulin resistance also need to keep a balance of blood sugar by eating numerous small snacks/meals throughout the day. It's not life threatening (that I'm aware of) like diabetes, my understanding is that sugar in the blood for insulin resistant people ends up being stored as fat, which is why many insulin resistant people are overweight and can't seem to lose the weight.

I haven't tried Heather's tea, but I have tried the peppermint tea from Celestial Seasons and it upset my stomache and I had an acid attack from my GERD that night. I think if I drink it again, it will have to be early in the day to allow my stomache to get rid of it and not cause a GERD problem. I believe Heather mentioned somewhere on this site that it's not good for people with GERD. I bought a variety pack of celestial seasons caffeine free herbal tea and I kinda like their sleepytime tea which has chamomille, peppermint, and spearmint and some others as well and that didn't cause a GERD problem. I bought the variety pack b/c I didn't know which I liked, but I think I'll stick with the sleepytime b/c it agreed with me better.

Thanks for all your advice!

--------------------
Erin
IBS-D, GERD...

#258362 - 04/15/06 04:21 PM
Gracie

Hmmm, yes I think it would be wise to talk to a dietician since you have some special circumstances. It sounds like you need to eat low glycemic SF, and IF foods. Have you tried eating quinoa, barley, oatmeal, and yams? Those are examples of low glycemic SF foods.

#258375 - 04/15/06 06:15 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

Hello, I am C. I was reading through some of your posts and I can understand your desperation. There are days where I can hardly go and feel like I'm plugged up. I know you feel that a cleanse would be the best thing, but when you have IBS, it could cause alot of distress in your system. Can I suggest Citrucel (with sugar). I use it every morning (one heaping scoop in 8 oz. water). I'd also stay away from too much of the spinach and cut back on the oats. Sometimes oats can go either way with IBS people. Some are good with it, but some don't do so well. Maybe stick with the soluble fibers until your stomach settles and then slowly starting adding insoluble fiber again.

Good luck!!

Carol

#258376 - 04/15/06 06:26 PM
LostCode

Have you tried cutting back on the number of meals that you eat? Maybe 5 instead of 6 or would you still be hungry? The baked beans look a little suspect too. Just my two cents.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

#258432 - 04/16/06 02:37 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Insulin resistance is like very early stage type II diabetes. You can do a bunch of things to help improve your insulin resistance, including both drugs (e.g. metformin) and diet.

Interestingly enough, my husband was trying to fight his type II diabetes by having no carbs at all and it wasn't really working for him. He's now actually incorporating some carbs (even the dreaded potato) into his diet and he's both lost weight and really improved his blood sugar. The key for him was eating frequent, small meals (all containing protein) and making fruit & vegetables a big part of his diet.

This is all a long-winded way of saying that IBS-safe fruits and veggies, along with protein at every meal, might help a lot and allow you to have some white bread or sugar on occasion. Plus, my husband had to go out and buy jeans two sizes smaller this weekend because this diet helped him shed some weight!

--AC

#258463 - 04/16/06 10:26 PM
Naturapanic

Hey Guys, thanks for all of your posts!
I really appreciate the help.

I really can NOT figure out the regression I have had in the last 10 days.
I honestly feel worse, I feel more bloated virtually ALL of the time, I feel distress in my stomach, and my diet has not changed.
I am basically eating the way I did when I was doing well prior to the February cleanse.

The only thing I can think of it, perhpas this is a buildup of Serequel, perhaps.
I am going to be posting exactly what I eat everyday, trying to see if maybe some hidden ingredient is behind this.

4/15
Meal 1
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Egg Whites

Meal 2
Canned Chicken sandwich with lettuce, hot peppers
Peaches

Meal 3
Graham Crackers
Roll

Meal 4
Chicken
Rice
Spinach

Meal 5
Oatmeal
Rice Chex cereal

4/16
Meal 1
Oat bran with Applesauce
Egg whites with Spinach

Meal 2
Canned Chicken sandwich with lettace, hot peppers
Peaches

Meal 3
Graham Crackers
Honey Nut Cereal
Roll

Meal 4
Lox, White Fish
Bagel
Lettuce

Meal 5
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Egg white powder with Cocca

-Snacked on Matzah

Again, unless I am missing something, this might be low on insoluable fiber, but there are NO trigger foods.
Maybe Sodium?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#258464 - 04/16/06 10:27 PM
Naturapanic

Also, I bought some different veggies this week, I have green beans and carotts I will try.
I will get some stir fry ones too, I do not see why I am getting this way.

It is not like I am eating dairy.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#258559 - 04/17/06 06:19 PM
Wind

Seriously, I am willing to bet it's the overdose of oatbran & applesauce.

Perhaps try reducing this food to once/day MAXIMUM. Maybe even dare to eliminate the oatbran for a week and see if you note an improvement?

I doubt it's the applesauce. I agree, you could use more IF. Have fun with your new selection of fruits/veggies this week.

Kate, IBS-D.

#258569 - 04/17/06 07:40 PM
Naturapanic

I see a nutrionist tomorrow, I will run this by him.
Why do you think the Oat Bran is to blame?
When I was doing my finest, Oat Bran was being used 2-3 times a day.
In fact, whenI would go 2-3 days without Oat Bran and Applesauce, I felt a lot worse.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#258574 - 04/17/06 08:40 PM
Naturapanic

Meal 1
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Rice Chex cereal
Honey Nut cereal
1/2 Graham Cracker

Meal 2
Turkey sandwich on Rye Bread with nonfat mayonnaise, lettuce, hot peppers
Applesauce
Pretzels

Meal 3
Oat Bran with Applesauce
Roll
Chocolate Matzah (lowfat, no dairy)

Meal 4
Chicken shake and bake
Rice
Green beans

Meal 5
Instant Oatmeal
Protein shake with strawberries

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#260307 - 04/26/06 08:06 PM
Naturapanic

Quote:

Not saying that you are, but *some people* (myself included) have difficulties with corn. I cannot eat corn as a vegetable (i.e. frozen or canned corn, corn on the cob etc.) at all without getting violent D. I can't eat a 100% corn cereal like corn flakes or corn chex (or baked corn chips even) without getting pain and bloating. (I'm generally ok with cereals that are only part corn, like Crispix.)

Just a thought. Maybe try leaving it out for a week and seeing how you do?

Quote:

I'm sure that this is definitely part of it. Meds (i.e. meds for things other than IBS) can make dealing with IBS difficult. Instead of getting frustrated though, you should take this as meaning just that this setback is not your fault. It does not mean you're doomed though. It probably just means you have to give your gut some time to adjust. If you are concerned though, maybe talk to your doctor to see if you can change meds for one that's not consipating? (I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or even an option for you right now though of course.)

Is it possible Corn Chex might be causing problems for me?
I notice when I eat it I feel more gas and bloating however this is listed as one of Heather's safe things.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#260312 - 04/26/06 08:16 PM
Gracie

It's listed as safe but it might not be safe for YOU because maybe you have some food sensitivities. IBS is a very individual problem and you have to listen to your body and find out what your triggers or sensitivities are.

Spinach-Flipada new
      #287195 - 10/20/06 07:08 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

Spinach causes problems with a lot of people.

what kind of problems? Does it depend if your D or C? Do others really have problems with spinach...and if so, do you know why?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Spinach-Flipada new
      #287317 - 10/20/06 08:27 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

weird, for me spinach and arugula are the 2 greens that i can eat raw that don't cause problems, all other lettuces make me kinda crampy,

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2035 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36572

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review