All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Corn Chex / Sequerel new
      #260307 - 04/26/06 08:06 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

Not saying that you are, but *some people* (myself included) have difficulties with corn. I cannot eat corn as a vegetable (i.e. frozen or canned corn, corn on the cob etc.) at all without getting violent D. I can't eat a 100% corn cereal like corn flakes or corn chex (or baked corn chips even) without getting pain and bloating. (I'm generally ok with cereals that are only part corn, like Crispix.)

Just a thought. Maybe try leaving it out for a week and seeing how you do?

Quote:

I really hope it is the Serequel, I just don't get the regression.

I'm sure that this is definitely part of it. Meds (i.e. meds for things other than IBS) can make dealing with IBS difficult. Instead of getting frustrated though, you should take this as meaning just that this setback is not your fault. It does not mean you're doomed though. It probably just means you have to give your gut some time to adjust. If you are concerned though, maybe talk to your doctor to see if you can change meds for one that's not consipating? (I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or even an option for you right now though of course.)

Is it possible Corn Chex might be causing problems for me?
I notice when I eat it I feel more gas and bloating however this is listed as one of Heather's safe things.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Corn Chex / Sequerel new
      #260312 - 04/26/06 08:16 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

It's listed as safe but it might not be safe for YOU because maybe you have some food sensitivities. IBS is a very individual problem and you have to listen to your body and find out what your triggers or sensitivities are.

Spinach-Flipada new
      #287195 - 10/20/06 07:08 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

Spinach causes problems with a lot of people.

what kind of problems? Does it depend if your D or C? Do others really have problems with spinach...and if so, do you know why?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Spinach-Flipada new
      #287317 - 10/20/06 08:27 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

weird, for me spinach and arugula are the 2 greens that i can eat raw that don't cause problems, all other lettuces make me kinda crampy,

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 666 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 36865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review