All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eat Bread =bloat???
      #256406 - 04/05/06 04:13 AM
jend

Reged: 03/26/06
Loc: Smoky Mts.

Does anyone else have a problem with bloating if they eat some bread? Most times I do. I stopped Heather's plan last year because of this. I'm keeping a food journal, but now am wondering if it was the dairy, eggs or if it was just me that this happened too? I'm going to make sure that I stick to the french and sourdough breads this time. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jenny

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

2 things.. new
      #256407 - 04/05/06 04:29 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if you are gluten intollerant (or celiac) this can happen. but also- what type of bread? whole grain bread makes me bloat as do most storebought breads... the IF in the first and the dairy and chemicals in the latter...

Good luck!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

The gluten in bread.... new
      #256408 - 04/05/06 04:30 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

definately has a tendancy to bloat....aswell as the yeast....many people find this and there are loads of gluten free alternatives out there...Id suggest cutting it out and trying alternatives and seeing if you notice any difference. Its funny cos bread is actually the one thing I can rely on as being an almost immediate relief from ibs paisn yet I know it bloats me. I never noticed until I went on a detox plan last year and cut it out and my stomach flattened completely...after that I decided to cut it out and it definately makes a difference. Try getting more soluble fibre from fresh foods like sweet potatos, yams, potatoes, rice etc.

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Eat Bread =bloat??? new
      #256411 - 04/05/06 05:52 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Bread is not my friend...I fasted carbohydrates the first three weeks of this year and for the first time in years, my tummy was flat. I do not have a gluten intolerance but it seems that sourdough and frenchbread just sit in my stomach for months...not everyone is this way though. IBS is so individual.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Sourdough and bagels and such do me the same way.... new
      #256412 - 04/05/06 05:58 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I make a very basic, light, white bread in our breadmaker for the whole family and a slice of that with a meal sits fine. But I will never eat another bagel, it sits in my gut like glue!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: 2 things.. new
      #256414 - 04/05/06 06:00 AM
jend

Reged: 03/26/06
Loc: Smoky Mts.

In the tons of testing that I've had, I was tested for celiac and sprue, both negative. I haven't tried any sourdough yet this time around, just french. Maybe I'll try the gluten free after all. Thanks for your help
Jenny

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4810 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 674

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review