All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just wondering...
      #256386 - 04/04/06 11:17 PM
anne354

Reged: 02/13/03

Does eating the wrong foods ever cause bad joint aches in any of you? The last two nights, my lower back and legs have hurt so badly I wanted to cry. I had a minor run-in with some beans in a burrito yesterday (didn't know they were inside it) but other than that...things have been pretty good the last few months. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this, and if anyone thinks there might be a connection, or...maybe I'm just plain NUTS!! (Which I can't eat, either... ) Hope all of you are well. Have a great week...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just wondering... new
      #256394 - 04/05/06 02:03 AM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Joint pain is something I have to live with too, I dont know how much it is associated with ibs, I do know however that fibromyalgia is very common amongst those of us who suffer from ibs, I think it is something like 50% of people who suffer from ibs will suffer from fibromyalgia as well, I havent talked to my doctor about it, though intend to...anyway it may be food for thought so to speak, fibromyalgia (think I am spelling it right), causes a lot of body aches and pains as well as a few other side effects, may be worth looking it up and getting some more info on it!! sorry a bit of a bummer isnt it to think we could have something else to add to our ibs woes!! good luck, I take nurofen plus (codeine based pain killers) most days, usually at bed time, as that is when the pains in my legs and lower back start up, and often keep me awake, lower back pain though is a very common occurence for those of us who suffer ibs!!

#256398 - 04/05/06 02:58 AM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

I thought it would be worth mentioning that imflammatory bowel diseas like Chrohn's are associated with other inflammatory conditions like arthritis, and both can be aggravated by some foods, and therefore somewhat controlled by diet. If you have not had an imflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's or Uncerative Colitis) ruled out, it might be worth investigating being tested for it. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

#256619 - 04/05/06 07:42 PM
anne354

Reged: 02/13/03

Thanks for the reminder; I also have fibromyalgia, and most days I can cheerfully forget that this does go hand in hand with IBS. Guess that explains the joint pain; although why is it that I'm having the lower back pain? Can you tell me? Thanks...

#257714 - 04/11/06 11:16 PM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Hey Anne, all I can say is I suffer from lower back pain a lot, I have heard that it goes hand and hand with ibs...really dont know the particulars though my heat bag is my best friend and I use it constantly...good luck with the pain, if you have access to a bath maybe a long hot soak may be of benefit, I have been pestering hubby to get me a spa bath...I can only dream, though would imagine it would help with these aches and pains and maybe help reduce some of the stress and anxiety..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5953 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 744

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review