All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PMS pains
      #256215 - 04/04/06 12:58 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Ok, so I know that the list of herbal teas that help ibs pain and all that kind of thing but is possible to use teas as something to stop PMS cramps? I find that if my pms gets too bad it will trigger an attack. Most of the girls i know just take midol but is that safe for an ibs person? IF not, what kind of painkillers are safe? (preferably herbal)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PMS pains new
      #256263 - 04/04/06 02:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

This has been discussed tons of times. Hit the search button and type in PMS. I would personally try peppermint tea - great for bloating and pain, and will help your IBS too all in one great cup!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#256362 - 04/04/06 08:50 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I have found that any hot decaf tea helps my cramps. It's the heat more than the herbs for me. But I agree the peppermint would be good. I drink Bengal Spice. It's decaf Celestial Seasonings and has a very strong cinnamon flavor. Great with honey.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#256400 - 04/05/06 03:30 AM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

As far as painkillers go, the one in midol, aceteminophen (tylenol) is not as affective as ibuprofen (advil, motrin), as it only treats pain; ibuprofen actually blocks the chemical that causes cramps. However, ibuprofen has been known to cause gastrointesinal side effects. If you have bad cramps and the midol isn't working (personally, I'd take tylenol over midol, as midol contains a diruetic that makes you pee and can dehydrate you), I'd suggest trying ibuprofen. Make sure you take it with food so there's less chance of it bothering your stomach. I take 400 mg every 4 hours. And it's ok to take more than six 200 mg pills in 24 hours or whatever the label says, I've had this verified by several of my doctors. I have found the Advil Liquigels to be the most effective and fastest form of ibuprofen, and it makes a huge difference in the severity of my cramps. It's best to start taking it regularly the day before you know you'll start you period, as it helps prevent cramps from starting. Hope this helps. You might also consider using Thermacare Heat Wraps, as heat is highly effective for both menstrual cramps and IBS.

#256448 - 04/05/06 08:50 AM
tmoss

Reged: 04/05/06

I really wished there was away a woman didn't have to suffer from painful pms every month. It's enough have to suffer from IBS everyday! But I'm glad for ibuprofen for the pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6849 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 677

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review